DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 2)

spunko

Big emergency cut, big loan scheme for small business, and countercyclical capital buffer down to 0, FTSE struggling to get above +1.7%, and now seems to be giving up the gains. The optics ain't good.

• Replies 35.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Agent ZigZag
1 minute ago, Tdog said:

In essence the bullshit that is Corona virus that is being successfully marketed to print and drop interest rates. 

Its served its purpose.

Never let a good crises go to waste. My concern is that governments bring in some draconian emergency measure which like all measures is not for the benefit of society or ones freedom but remains in place.

So looking on the bright side maybe our investments will now start to pay.

Yes it's a crap policy but as we've been told in this thread it was coming we're in less of a position to moan than others... Just got to play the game

Noallegiance
26 minutes ago, Democorruptcy said:

Watching.

They're going to trash the currency.

Repeated rhetoric. Save the banks otherwise things fall apart. TBTF is alive and well.

Doing the same responses as 2008 claiming that it was successful and we have a stronger base to the financial system. Except here we are again. So it didn't work.

Highly paid idiots and/or liars.

When recession occurs, massive inflation incoming.

15 hours ago, Cattle Prod said:

I figured out why henry hub natural gas is moving up - it's pricing in a reduction in associated gas from US shale oil. Think it could be a great hedge for the current situation, why didn't I think of it before

To laugh at how I finally sold my non-performing NGAS a mere few weeks ago!

TheCountOfNowhere
5 minutes ago, Noallegiance said:

Watching.

Repeated rhetoric. Save the banks otherwise things fall apart. TBTF is alive and well.

Doing the same responses as 2008 claiming that it was successful and we have a stronger base to the financial system. Except here we are again. So it didn't work.

Thet are ready have. 

Democorruptcy
5 minutes ago, Noallegiance said:

Watching.

Did you hear Carney say bankers have been instructed not to increase their bonuses as a result of these measures? Aye right.... most important skill of a governor is to be able to keep your face straight.

Noallegiance

Carney:

"In 2008 the system needed backstopping. Now it doesn't. It backstops itself"

Soooooooo wtf are you doing today, then?

The disjointed bile is stunning.

NogintheNog
27 minutes ago, Democorruptcy said:

Thanks for the link:)

Carney; "QE remains part of the BofE toolkit"

"BofE has more room to maneuver"

New Governor to be Bailey

"Buffers are there to be used"

"We're in a different place to 2008"

I can't believe the bull these people are coming out with! Still, when they talk about QE and buffers I believe them!

I remember them saying all these measures which they took in 2008/9 were 'temporary'. I think we can all see where we are going next....

TheCountOfNowhere

I know people thought tgus was coming soon but reality has struck

Taking a step back how do you see this proceeding and the general timescales. 

7 minutes ago, Democorruptcy said:

Did you hear Carney say bankers have been instructed not to increase their bonuses as a result of these measures? Aye right.... most important skill of a governor is to be able to keep your face straight.

They shouldnt be gettkng ####ing bonuses 

Democorruptcy

Do the BoE sit in on the interviews of the media economist analysts that are asking questions at press conferences like this? In order to make sure they are as thick as pig shit and don't ask better questions?

"If your measures have been so successful  before the virus, why have we had emergency interest rates for over a decade?"

"Are you pumping more debt because you are worried the bubbles you have already blown, like house prices, will explode?"  

30 minutes ago, Harley said:

Some key posters MIA here.  I assume they're OK and just bust doing stuff I wish I knew I should be doing!!!!!

Most likely just keeping out of the thread whilst it’s spammed about Carney / House Prices / Virus. This isn’t supposed to be general chat.

12 minutes ago, Democorruptcy said:

Do the BoE sit in on the interviews of the media economist analysts that are asking questions at press conferences like this? In order to make sure they are as thick as pig shit and don't ask better questions?

"If your measures have been so successful  before the virus, why have we had emergency interest rates for over a decade?"

"Are you pumping more debt because you are worried the bubbles you have already blown, like house prices, will explode?"  

My question:

"What would you advice a young working couple who can't afford to buy any property? They are trying to save but HPI constantly beats saving rates offered by banks because of your policies... what should they do?"

5 minutes ago, Tdog said:

Surely dropping interest rates to the lowest level in history and printing money is relevant.

But a good thing for us based only on the premise of this thread

As i said earlier we all know it's scandalous BUT there you go

Democorruptcy
3 minutes ago, BearyBear said:

My question:

"What would you advice a young working couple who can't afford to buy any property? They are trying to save but HPI constantly beats saving rates offered by banks because of your policies... what should they do?"

A: The UK has a housing supply issue which is for the governbankment to sort. Our policies have secured the jobs of the working couple. 

Chewing Grass
8 minutes ago, BearyBear said:

My question:

Contract coronavirus and shake hands with as many old folks as possible and/or deliver food for Wiltshire Farm Foods.

Democorruptcy
15 minutes ago, Lavalas said:

Most likely just keeping out of the thread whilst it’s spammed about Carney / House Prices / Virus. This isn’t supposed to be general chat.

Are you a school teacher?

I would say the announcements today matter for a lot of people on here, if it affects their portfolio, housing prospects, etc. Though we all know DB will be along shortly to say it's just noise and they cannot prevent things.

TheCountOfNowhere
16 hours ago, confused said:

what sort of bailout

There you have it. 

How is it peopke in the city knew this a day early? 

12 minutes ago, Democorruptcy said:

I would say the announcements today matter for a lot of people on here, if it affects their portfolio, housing prospects, etc. Though we all know DB will be along shortly to say it's just noise and they cannot prevent things.

No I’m not a school teacher. 

Archived