DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 3)

spunko

DurhamBorn
18 minutes ago, Pip321 said:

I found the resignation letters and acceptance letters fascinating. They read like a public CV. Paragraphs of “I achieved this, we did this etc” followed by “ps I resign”🤦🏻‍♂️

I see the markets are up first thing….maybe if everyone resigns including Boris then the FTSE will surge to 8000 😆 

I appreciate I am tempting fate saying the market is up….Indeed over the past 3 months I have improved my knowledge around geopolitics, macro economics, micro economics, stock picking, currency markets, current deficits, PM price manipulation, interest rate mechanisms, general budgeting tips and many many other things.

As a result of that wealth of new knowledge plus almost 40 years of financial studies I have come up with a strategy….unerringly similar to many on this thread.

My action: dig a cellar under my house and fill it with bake beans and a baseball bat. Sorted.😉

I find a baseball bat gives too much time for someone to get inside the swing to you.Ok against some,but not ideal.A hardwood fishing priest does much better.I have one very similar to this below.It can be used to strangle over a neck,pushed into kidneys or groin if on the floor,eyes etc as well as heavy hits to the temples.I replaced the string with tent guide guy rope and it means dropping or having it pulled away is very hard.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/254991070139?hash=item3b5ea6f3bb:g:580AAOSwpeVgq81D&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAAA4OwXQ11TrXJqSmW1bzDhW5lKvbd%2BZSOG0fDRMe8Wh0ZDu5qiXgnxErk7fbYtnk7fs2Z4MnCNkrTpkXbSpcuOqcV7J31lGgJc8MX5WZuAhSISdDuvz%2BK3dbFbGOlNaOUWjGwHNhgU3uBo6Vn68fhjJWMNeRakyjMAedgrpgo4fyky6NJvosCDuZnMWKJLFigyWbR6Udlfp8%2BMYhIhnaFTAfSLmi9jdeIXnkFMVZhtIhDUr9Hhjhf3apubHutbQRAbMJT8b2QUJ3%2FfT9tuikH8U%2FSAdH5tmJV8a2sKqqdWVodB|tkp%3ABFBM7ILhprpg

• Replies 30.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ThoughtCriminal

Seems to be a consensus building amongst financial "experts" that inflation is going to plunge over the next 12 months.

Where do you have it on the roadmap @DurhamBorn?

Lightscribe
29 minutes ago, ThoughtCriminal said:

Seems to be a consensus building amongst financial "experts" that inflation is going to plunge over the next 12 months.

Since when were the ‘experts’ right?

F5A4D3DA-646D-41DE-93FF-11ECC2FC636D.jpeg.bc51b0a662816ce6b61c9de29c0aaa9c.jpeg

My opinion bullwhip effect. Demand evaporates for everything but essentials.

In return production reduces but inflation remains high due to costs and labour prices.  (Stagflation). Energy costs and ridiculous restrictions on farmers (aka Dutch) will ensure inflation remains in an inflationary spiral.

Who’s going to be paying £9.25 for branded butter even with bennie and state pension uplifts?

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/lurpak-butter-iceland-sainsbury-inflation-b2115864.html?amp

BCEBD120-0BED-4430-A2D7-925BCCE0BE6C.webp.3ed41bc2012fbed29775db6e67ee8f5d.webp

BadAlchemy

Quite a bounce back in UK listed stocks this morning. RIO, BT, RMG, ABDN....etc

The market believes it actually makes a difference who is driving the bus off the cliff!?

honkydonkey
7 minutes ago, Lightscribe said:

Since when we’re the ‘experts’ right?

In return production reduces but inflation remains high due to costs and labour prices.  (Stagflation). Energy costs and ridiculous restrictions on farmers (aka Dutch) will ensure inflation remains in an inflationary spiral.

Who’s going to be paying £9.25 for branded butter even with bennie and state pension uplifts?

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/lurpak-butter-iceland-sainsbury-inflation-b2115864.html?amp

That's a 1kg size. I buy my butter in 250g, so that's £2.34 a pack. A little on the high side but it's probably from a Tesco express or something, but for branded it's not extortionate.

One percent
12 minutes ago, Lightscribe said:

Since when we’re the ‘experts’ right?

Making your own butter seems easy. I’ll give it a go 

https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/home-churned-butter

ThoughtCriminal
1 minute ago, Barnsey said:

Isn’t Zahawi the second wealthiest MP in the UK after Sunak?

He also owns propaganda "pollster" YouGov.

Make no mistake, he is a deepstate piece of shit. You wouldn't want him in charge of running your bath, let alone the economy.

DoINeedOne
3 minutes ago, Barnsey said:

Isn’t Zahawi the second wealthiest MP in the UK after Sunak?

Posted this nearly a year ago, as far as i aware its accurate

Nadhim Zahawi also started YouGov 

His wife Mrs Zahawi’s firm purchased the £3.5m Channel industrial estate in Ashford, Kent, by the Eurotunnel train station. It was bought mortgage-free days before the Government secured the trade deal with the EU in December.

He also was part of a company SThree who got alot NHS contracts 

And also set up a medical company "Warren Medical Ltd" which doesn't seem like it got use for anything maybe because people started asking questions he said it was for a property deal just before becoming the Vaccines minister 

I bet a good deep dive on him would be amazing 

Fair play but sometimes you have to wonder..... who's the idiot 

It seems for now that the resignations are for Boris's failure to act on the claims of sexual misconduct earlier in the week.

NOT because they have been shit as a government in the face of inflation, housing, bennies, energy........

FFS

https://12ft.io/proxy?q=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.independent.co.uk%2Fnews%2Fuk%2Fpolitics%2Fboris-johnson-chris-pincher-tory-staff-b2115115.html

DoINeedOne
10 minutes ago, BadAlchemy said:

The market believes it actually makes a difference who is driving the bus off the cliff!?

Boris hanging on

bus-driver-falls-from-seat-buckle-up.gif

36 minutes ago, ThoughtCriminal said:

Make no mistake, he is a deepstate piece of shit. You wouldn't want him in charge of running your bath, let alone the economy.

The sooner Rachel Reeves is in the better. From her wiki page (must read)

Appointed Shadow Secretary of State for Work and Pensions in 2013, Reeves proposed that anyone unemployed for two years, or one year if under 25 years old, would be required to take a guaranteed job or lose access to benefits. She caused controversy within the Labour Party by stating Labour would be "tougher" than the Conservative Party in cutting the benefits bill.[29] She caused further controversy in early 2015 by stating "We [Labour] don’t want to be seen, and we're not, the party to represent those who are out of work".[30]

In an interview with the Financial Times, outlining her forthcoming speech in Bury on strengthening the economy, Reeves said a Starmer government would be pro-business and committed to fiscal discipline. She said Britain had seen a Japanese-style Lost Decades of growth, which she said a Labour government would reverse through following fiscal rules and eliminating borrowing for day-to-day spending, with no unfunded election spending commitments. This she asserted would enable government capital spending, above the current 3% of GDP per year limit, to promote growth. Labour would be both pro-worker and pro-business. Reeves did not think Britain would rejoin European Union or its single market in the next 50 years. She said she was against the return of freedom of movement for workers between the UK and EU.[38][39]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rachel_Reeves

33 minutes ago, ThoughtCriminal said:

A lot of the pundits I listen to are thinking inflation goes down here due to demand destruction then way way up - Weimar style.

And anyone celebrating this mornings market recovery should listen to Greg for a reality check..

Lightscribe
14 minutes ago, honkydonkey said:

That's a 1kg size. I buy my butter in 250g, so that's £2.34 a pack. A little on the high side but it's probably from a Tesco express or something, but for branded it's not extortionate.

I’ll stick to Aldi’s Nordpak, works out £4.30 for 1kg and tastes pretty much indistinguishable.

https://groceries.aldi.co.uk/en-GB/p-nordpak-spreadable-slightly-salted-500g/4088600041445

Lightscribe
9 minutes ago, Plan-b said:

It seems for now that the resignations are for Boris's failure to act on the claims of sexual misconduct earlier in the week.

NOT because they have been shit as a government in the face of inflation, housing, bennies, energy........

FFS

https://12ft.io/proxy?q=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.independent.co.uk%2Fnews%2Fuk%2Fpolitics%2Fboris-johnson-chris-pincher-tory-staff-b2115115.html

As predicted 

DurhamBorn
39 minutes ago, ThoughtCriminal said:

From 3.5 years ago i had around 11.6% top out this year then down to 7.2%,then 5.5%,4.9% the rest fuzzy but between 60% and 70% compounded for the cycle.I care more about the total than the yearlies.Our stocks gain more from steady because wages lag the inflation.BT puts price up with inflation,but wages and contracted services only go up between 6 months and 12 months later etc.Thats why our areas stuff bubble tech.Amaons prices mostly go up before they can sell the service etc.

23 minutes ago, ThoughtCriminal said:

Sounds like the perfect fall guy for when the economy goes off the cliff then!

belfastchild

Something has been bugging me all morning.
Im not concerned about the people, everyone is focussing on the people.
Chancellor and health secretary jump off the titanic. What have they seen?
It cant be just prospects of power cuts this weekend (which are receeding).
Its the tell the truth bit of Sunaks letter that interests me. Probably nothing that hasnt been discussed before on this thread.

Lightly Toasted
1 hour ago, Lightscribe said:

That's a kg, though.

If it was £2.33 for a more usual 250g pack, would anyone bat an eyelid?

(still expensive, might as well buy butter, but even so).

DoINeedOne
25 minutes ago, belfastchild said:

Its the tell the truth bit of Sunaks letter that interests me. Probably nothing that hasnt been discussed before on this thread.

To be honest thats why i decided to try and switch off last night,  because my mind was also wondering they don't want to be around when everything's on fire, they are positioning themselves to say see we told you

Democorruptcy
41 minutes ago, belfastchild said:

Maybe he meant that people have to stop thinking we are one of the wealthiest countries in the world and can spend spend spend because he's seen our true credit card bill?

Archived