DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 3)

spunko

17 minutes ago, feed said:

Gates channeling DB ?

https://www.teletrader.com/gates-not-all-oil-giants-will-make-the-transition/news/details/56668271?internal=1

Bill Gates doesn't think all of today's oil giants will retain their relevance in the future but believes those that persevere can utilize their skillsets to speed up the transition to clean energy, Axios reported on Thursday.

According to Gates, "a few of the big guys" will make the transition, while some of the companies will "be worth very little" in the next 30 years. He also emphasized that fossil fuel companies can lead said transition by diversifying into renewables, and commercially scaling new technologies.

"I hope a few of the big companies make it. We're certainly open-minded. The whole idea of cutting off investment in the old as a tactic, as opposed to investing in the new, I just don't get that," Gates said.

He is quite literally everywhere, i must have missed him being appointed leader of planet earth.

Nicest thing i wish this fucken weirdo is a painful death to one of his vaccines.

• Replies 30.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, BadAlchemy said:

Glen said: “Some pension savers could find themselves with poorer outcomes (or even be the victim of a pension scam) if they were rushed by rogue advisors to make a quick transfer in the short time period before the window closed.”

xD

Physician, heal thyself!

I hope all dosboders are on the correct schemes.  Really shitty the way they've enacted this.  Seems to me that they gave those close to the discussions time to protect themselves and then screw everyone else.  

Fair play to DurhamBorn yet again for the heads up!

HousePriceMania
20 minutes ago, feed said:

Bill Gates doesn't think all of today's oil giants will retain their relevance in the future

Bills a true man of vision so I'd sell up if I were you

Solve Another urban legend - "640K Ought to Be Enough for Anybody"  ......... (Plus, patsquire Wins at the Carnival!) jigsaw puzzle online with  15 pieces

1 hour ago, HousePriceMania said:

You're assuming this isn't deliberate ?

These people know exactly what they are doing.

There are another 60,000,000 people in the UK that have not realized what is happening we are still at the front of the queue.

It is deliberate,but its still a huge policy error.Not for us of course,im glad,because it helps our areas to leverage it.

13 minutes ago, DurhamBorn said:

It is deliberate,but its still a huge policy error.Not for us of course,im glad,because it helps our areas to leverage it.

Still plenty of us sat on a load of cash who are getting bled dry .. or at least until a big or even small Kahuna hits.

Tempted to stick 200k in GJGB!

If the raise in December it will still be ahead of what people were predicting (i was denounced only about a month ago for suggesting a rise in November), if not then the pound isn't going to be too healthy.

39 minutes ago, Gin said:

Firefox_Screenshot_2021-11-04T15-54-10_981Z.thumb.jpg.e590b723fc3d71d0175d99c17ec1e97e.jpg

:)

Mr Hunter says gold to $2500 by two quarters from now. He's giving out timings again... will he ever learn? Anyway, let's see how that goes. I just stuck another grand on Harmony Gold. Now watch it tank!

2 hours ago, Democorruptcy said:

Sorry to have to tell you but you are much closer to panicking last than panicking first.

It's not like the BoE don't have previous. As I've pointed out before we had RPI at 5.7% and CPI at 5.2% in 2011 and the base rate never shifted from 0.5%

Never underestimate the power of the BoE's X-ray vision. They have the ability to 'look through' just about anything.

2 hours ago, JMD said:

But surely it's not a vote winner to replace 'Brexit-Boris' so very early? So why not just let him soak up more and more political flak, it kinda suits him in any case! Personally I don't really see the need with Sir-K of the Knee on the oppossing benches. In time Rishy-Washy Sunak might become a 'good look' for the conservatives to wear come polling day... especially as all other contenders seem to have lost their political mojo, though I do keep my eye on Kwasi Kwarteng.

Maybe he wants out.

2 hours ago, feed said:

Gates channeling DB ?

https://www.teletrader.com/gates-not-all-oil-giants-will-make-the-transition/news/details/56668271?internal=1

Bill Gates doesn't think all of today's oil giants will retain their relevance in the future but believes those that persevere can utilize their skillsets to speed up the transition to clean energy, Axios reported on Thursday.

According to Gates, "a few of the big guys" will make the transition, while some of the companies will "be worth very little" in the next 30 years. He also emphasized that fossil fuel companies can lead said transition by diversifying into renewables, and commercially scaling new technologies.

"I hope a few of the big companies make it. We're certainly open-minded. The whole idea of cutting off investment in the old as a tactic, as opposed to investing in the new, I just don't get that," Gates said.

Musk, that Twitter bloke, and now Gates.  These people are amazing!

3 hours ago, Froggy2000 said:

https://www.ftadviser.com/pensions/2021/11/04/govt-closes-pension-age-protection-window-without-prior-notice/

Remember the consultation paper that discussed moving the minimum pension age to 57 for SIPPs but grandfathering in old schemes to 55?

That door has now shut.

Sounds a bit like how they behaved over covid!  As I was saying....

39 minutes ago, Harley said:

Sounds a bit like how they behaved over covid!  As I was saying....

I just escape it as i can access in 26,but its just another shocking move from the criminals in charge.The industry cheer them on of course because the longer the money cant be drawn down the more they can collect fees,and of course now the added edge where funds needs to be carbon neutral etc.They are killing off the use of pensions with little moves all the time from access age to  lifetime allowance.

ThoughtCriminal
4 hours ago, HousePriceMania said:

A Forex bloke I chat to on twitter pointed me to:

https://www.interactivebrokers.co.uk

You can have a margin account which you can use to become rich...or bankrupt yourself.

Any bet what you can afford to lose, but given what the BoE are about you're going to lose it all 

ThoughtCriminal

A Forex bloke I chat to on twitter pointed me to:

https://www.interactivebrokers.co.uk

You can have a margin account which you can use to become rich...or bankrupt yourself.

Any bet what you can afford to lose, but given what the BoE are about you're going to lose it all anyway.

Do you just want to DM me your address now? 

It'll save me hunting you down when i lose every penny shorting Tesla. 😂

HousePriceMania
1 minute ago, ThoughtCriminal said:

The Forex Bloke just told me not to touch tesla with a barge pole...I'll take his advice, he's a rich man.

4 minutes ago, ThoughtCriminal said:

I already have that badge...

ThoughtCriminal
Just now, HousePriceMania said:

The Forex Bloke just told me not to touch tesla with a barge pole...I'll take his advice, he's a rich man.

Its so fecking tempting though. 

It just sits there taunting you like a big beautiful mass of steaming bullshit.  "You want a piece of this?" it says. 

Just now, ThoughtCriminal said:

It just sits there taunting you like a big beautiful mass of steaming bullshit.  "You want a piece of this?" it says. 

I thought that 5 figures ago...

ThoughtCriminal
20 minutes ago, Don Coglione said:

I thought that 5 figures ago...

I want to be that tramp in the park in 20 years time who stinks of piss and vodka and screams at little kids "I stood to make millions shorting Tesla. I wasnt wrong, i was just 6 months early!" 

Then one kid shouts back "IT'S THE SAME THING YOU FUCKING IDIOT!!!" 

HousePriceMania
25 minutes ago, ThoughtCriminal said:

Someone with balls of steel will make a fortune shorting it, just not me

Archived