DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 3)

spunko

49 minutes ago, Virgil Caine said:

Nuclear power and coal are already making a comeback.

If they want to keep the green narrative going they could label it as "green coal" which incorporates CCS (carbon capture and storage)  when they burn it in power stations to generate electricity.  I haven't heard much about CCS recently but found this with a quick google.  Shell are already on the case:

https://www.shell.com/business-customers/catalysts-technologies/licensed-technologies/emissions-standards/tail-gas-treatment-unit/cansolv-co2.html?utm_term=carbon capture technology&utm_campaign=(2.3)+Gas+Processing&utm_source=adwords&utm_medium=ppc&hsa_acc=2377408393&hsa_cam=9229988062&hsa_grp=117369342707&hsa_ad=517905666172&hsa_src=g&hsa_tgt=kwd-306739469995&hsa_kw=carbon capture technology&hsa_mt=p&hsa_net=adwords&hsa_ver=3&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI2v2n3cDV-QIV1OvtCh1KAgNaEAAYASAAEgJSz_D_BwE

• Replies 30.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Virgil Caine said:

The reason natural gas became popular was because it was a cheap fossil fuel energy resource that provided more energy and produced less carbon than alternatives like coal. If prices stay high too long that first part of the equation goes out of the window. Moreover, now countries have seen it weaponised they are not going to want to be in this position again. Nuclear power and coal are already making a comeback. Coal has the added advantage that it can be used as a feedstock to produce gas itself and in fact was the main source of gas in much of Europe prior to the 1960s. All governments need to do to override the noisy Green lobby is simply to present the alternatives to their populaces in referendums if necessary. I don’t think the results would be in much doubt.  

The cake and eat it green energy option would win. People are stupid.

3 hours ago, wherebee said:

You say that, but they fight like rats in a sack as individuals to get money and power.  long term planning my arse.

The British Empire used to plan long term.  We have just forgotten how to.

I think that's right about Chinese political infighting. Ive previously commented that Chinese officials, for example ones that 'accompany' foreign press, don't look nearly as engaged or serious compared to the old former USSR types. Seen TV travelogue type programmes where the homes of relatives of high ranking local officials and visited and the adult relatives come across as vacuous and spoilt (by capitalism?). Might seem minor points but shows fragility in the state program perhaps. And the cultural cohesiveness the Chinese parade is a mirage.

The USSR unravelled despite the elaborate system it had built and had enforced for many years. And the reason it fell was rather ironically? down to failing economics (US encouraged of course) and low commodity prices. Anyway gives me hope that China will go the same way one day.

CannonFodder
39 minutes ago, JMD said:

I think that's right about Chinese political infighting. Ive previously commented that Chinese officials, for example ones that 'accompany' foreign press, don't look nearly as engaged or serious compared to the old former USSR types. Seen TV travelogue type programmes where the homes of relatives of high ranking local officials and visited and the adult relatives come across as vacuous and spoilt (by capitalism?). Might seem minor points but shows fragility in the state program perhaps. And the cultural cohesiveness the Chinese parade is a mirage.

The USSR unravelled despite the elaborate system it had built and had enforced for many years. And the reason it fell was rather ironically? down to failing economics (US encouraged of course) and low commodity prices. Anyway gives me hope that China will go the same way one day.

Lots of corruption in china but they do execute the corrupt bankers and politicians when they catch them

We dont

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.france24.com/en/asia-pacific/20210129-china-executes-ex-banker-lai-xiaomin-in-corruption-bigamy-case

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-pacific-14197485.amp

2 hours ago, Virgil Caine said:

The reason natural gas became popular was because it was a cheap fossil fuel energy resource that provided more energy and produced less carbon than alternatives like coal. If prices stay high too long that first part of the equation goes out of the window. Moreover, now countries have seen it weaponised they are not going to want to be in this position again. Nuclear power and coal are already making a comeback. Coal has the added advantage that it can be used as a feedstock to produce gas itself and in fact was the main source of gas in much of Europe prior to the 1960s. All governments need to do to override the noisy Green lobby is simply to present the alternatives to their populaces in referendums if necessary. I don’t think the results would be in much doubt.  

I know it will never happen but I'd love to see the UK government decide to reopen coal mining and to put Drakeford in the position of choosing between green policies and Welsh jobs. I wonder what would happen to the Welsh labour vote. 

Chewing Grass
5 minutes ago, M S E Refugee said:

The hospitality industry want the Government to cut energy prices.

Energy crisis threatens British nightlife https://www.rt.com/business/561216-uk-nightclubs-closing-energy-costs/

I think the UK Government has effectively collapsed and can't cope with the number of variables and balls that need juggling.

It will be everyone for themselves.

49 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

I think the UK Government has effectively collapsed and can't cope with the number of variables and balls that need juggling.

It will be everyone for themselves.

Truss needs to come out swinging as soon as she is crowned, dithering until the New Year would be unrecoverable. We need tax cuts, public spending cuts, and interest rate rises ASAP.

As much as I like her "police should police the streets not tweets" soundbite, it does have a worrying air of distraction to it.

M S E Refugee
6 minutes ago, CannonFodder said:

Our media class and political class preparing us up for the future. 

Dont complain - topsoil is nutritious

There must be more and more people researching conspiracy theories with all the weirdness over the past 2 years.

The Politicians and Media must be hoping that they have got things under control.

Chewing Grass
4 hours ago, M S E Refugee said:

Millions could be left without heat and food in winter, London mayor warns https://www.rt.com/news/561209-uk-inflation-khan-london/

Khan wants the Government to step in, as usual he offers no solutions he just wants more money.

First level thinking is really getting out of hand.

London will be burned to the ground by the modern black puffa jacket blackshirts, the globalists 5th column.

CannonFodder
12 minutes ago, M S E Refugee said:

There must be more and more people researching conspiracy theories with all the weirdness over the past 2 years.

The Politicians and Media must be hoping that they have got things under control.

After covid , ukraine and climate change - people must be suspecting surely..

A good David Murrin podcast. His theory and narrative on historical cycles is very seductive (the cynic in me says hes got a subscription service to sell) but too be fair also accurate I think - so is at least useful for putting events (and hopefully the future) into perspective. I believe this podcast is actually a couple months old. But I do think David is far better than Peter Zeihan on this macro stuff imo.                ...anyway at 44mins I hope Truss was taking some notes!!

https://www.davidmurrin.co.uk/media/podcast-episode-37-when-empires-fall-lessons-from-history

M S E Refugee
21 minutes ago, CannonFodder said:

After covid , ukraine and climate change - people must be suspecting surely..

You would think that the Gaslighting can only work for so long.

Dr Campbell is now being castigated as a conspiracy theorist as he now has reservations about the Jab and won't take the booster.

If people like him are questioning things then maybe there is hope!

M S E Refugee
2 minutes ago, JMD said:

Good David Murrin podcast. His theory and narrative on historical cycles is very seductive (he cynic in me says hes got a subscription service to sell) but too be fair also accurate I think - so is at least useful for putting events (and the future!) into perspective.        ...anyway at 44mins I hope Truss was taking some notes!!

https://www.davidmurrin.co.uk/media/podcast-episode-37-when-empires-fall-lessons-from-history

I do like some of his stuff but I think he is very wrong about the Russians as I think that the West are the bad guys.

Chewing Grass
7 minutes ago, JMD said:

A good David Murrin podcast. His theory and narrative on historical cycles is very seductive (the cynic in me says hes got a subscription service to sell) but too be fair also accurate I think - so is at least useful for putting events (and hopefully the future) into perspective. Far better than Peter Zeihan on the macro imo.                ...anyway at 44mins I hope Truss was taking some notes!!

Empires fall when they repeatedly debase their currency, usually because they are consuming more than they produce themselves and are paying for it with tokenage.

Animal Spirits
52 minutes ago, JMD said:

A good David Murrin podcast. His theory and narrative on historical cycles is very seductive (the cynic in me says hes got a subscription service to sell) but too be fair also accurate I think - so is at least useful for putting events (and hopefully the future) into perspective. I believe this podcast is actually a couple months old. But I do think David is far better than Peter Zeihan on this macro stuff imo.                ...anyway at 44mins I hope Truss was taking some notes!!

Yeh. I predicted this and I predicted that, and now I'm going to share them with everyone...

1 hour ago, CannonFodder said:

Our media class and political class preparing us up for the future. 

Dont complain - topsoil is nutritious

so cheese obvs. yum shropshire blue. bread i often do ... cut the mouldy bit youcan see off, jam since forever. scrape the mould off.

what else?

4 hours ago, Castlevania said:

The cake and eat it green energy option would win. People are stupid.

tonights bbc radio news leads with some quango/independant consultacy we've never heard of now says av energy bills will be 6k next spring.

this story has been on repeat for several weeks with them adding 1k each time. i usually watch itn / sky. it reminds me of  a spoof farce movie that gets ever more ridiculous. 3.5k is simply impossible for a very large group, they.ll go cold or not pay. 6k i.d guess the group is 50%+.

i don't quite.understand what they wantto achieve.

truss was interviewed.in the distillery mid last week saying short term we need to take as much energy as available from n. sea , invest in nuclear and go full steam at new tech and roll out of renewables.

she didn't say it but coal would be a good addition to the first bit. what are the lead times? her soundbite was do all that rath@er than just keeping putting a sticking plaster on it. couldn't agree more.

9 minutes ago, M S E Refugee said:

German central bank warns of unprecedented inflation https://www.rt.com/news/561225-germany-highest-inflation-central-bank/

The German Central Bank says inflation could reach 10% by the AutumnxD.

10% is not unprecedented. You'd think "wheelbarrows for wages" Germany of all countries would know that

Archived