DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 3)

spunko

sancho panza
3 minutes ago, Castlevania said:

Do you consider withholding tax when doing your comma scores?

no.The income section relates to the quality of their income mainly currently but also historically(obviously,it's me doing it,not an accountant so dyor natch).Divis aren't considered.It's about trying to find the best value way of getting exposure to a sector.

Tobacco has few choices unfortunately.I think it's a reasonably sensible place to hide in these times.

I'm throwing our XOM profits at it,along side some telecoms.

• Replies 30.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, sancho panza said:

Anotehr 'careful what you wish for' moment in a long line of them.

Incredible move really.Is it a message to China as well as Russia?.These moves are just making South America look even better for the cycle.

Question is,why do they want people off the dollar?,to lower commod prices?

8 minutes ago, ThoughtCriminal said:

Penny's dropping for a lot of people.

Better late than never. I like Sven for his market analysis but his rah rah cheerleading of the narrative really grated with me these last 2 weeks. But he has finally woken up and actually started to think through the implications of what has been done.

Castlevania
17 minutes ago, DurhamBorn said:

Might be time to end the thread,or book myself in at the Doctors,iv bought a Cathie Wood ARKfund biotech stock :o

Im not going to mention is because its likely to go to zero and its a small holding,but just wanted to be honest that iv gone off piste,i hope its a one off and doesnt become a habit.

Wheres Dogecoin...............xD

I’ve been eyeing up Robinhood and Draftkings. Welcome to the club! :)

CannonFodder
23 minutes ago, DurhamBorn said:

Incredible move really.Is it a message to China as well as Russia?.These moves are just making South America look even better for the cycle.

Question is,why do they want people off the dollar?,to lower commod prices?

My speculation is that they.ve put this in place to fail.

China will be blamed for ignoring it and supplying dollars on the side. Or maybe britain for its secrecy laws.

The only solution is a digital dollar that can be fully controlled and sanctioned against the russians.

CBDC the solution.

Edit or they just making random stuff up for short term without thinking it out lol.

Castlevania
7 minutes ago, DurhamBorn said:

Italian PPI was 41.8% in Jan,nothing you can really add to that.

Heavy industry closing down is what you get. 

leonardratso
47 minutes ago, DurhamBorn said:

Might be time to end the thread,or book myself in at the Doctors,iv bought a Cathie Wood ARKfund biotech stock :o

Im not going to mention is because its likely to go to zero and its a small holding,but just wanted to be honest that iv gone off piste,i hope its a one off and doesnt become a habit.

youve obviously go too much money and free time on your hands, thats when you start to play around with shit i suppose...hahahaha, ive had a few times like that, i once spent £80 on scratch cards, return was shite, something like £5, but it taught me not to do that again.

Bricormortis
1 hour ago, DurhamBorn said:

I put a first ladder into AXA framlington biotech yesterday funny enough.

leonardratso

im ready with my £24.18 for that arab mansion in mayfair. I hope they throw in the bently too.

1 minute ago, leonardratso said:

im ready with my £24.18 for that arab mansion in mayfair. I hope they throw in the bently too.

Think of the mansion gas and leccy bills tho

leonardratso
6 minutes ago, Plan-b said:

Think of the mansion gas and leccy bills tho

we're ok, i dont plan to connect to anything, its just going to be somewhere to store my huge hoard of bog roll and cat/dog food, once the recession hits it will be cat/dog food for everyone (since all the cats/dogs will have been eaten)

Noallegiance
29 minutes ago, leonardratso said:

Get in the queue.

I'm bidding £26.12.

Just awaiting the mortgage approval.

13 hours ago, Pip321 said:

Personally I don’t think Canada would….but I completely take the point.

I mentioned before that Warren Buffet always seemed to me to be far too US centric but that he liked things on his doorstep. I guess it means if stuff goes really bad in the US (ie wars, asset confiscation etc) then money would only be one of his worries.

Warren Buffet is right to keep his money close to home as the US has a water tight constitution protecting individual freedoms and rights.

They are citizens of a republic.

Their forebears didn't fight a war of independence for nothing.

ThoughtCriminal

In the spirit of DB losing the plot and buying a dogshit stock, does anyone own Alibaba? 

I can't help thinking it's looking immensely cheap now.

Or do I need to book my bed on the loony ward with DB?

9 minutes ago, ThoughtCriminal said:

In the spirit of DB losing the plot and buying a dogshit stock, does anyone own Alibaba? 

I think the puréed banana and padded upholstery might be an idea.

For my side I need to stop chasing go-go stocks as with poly and evraz I've basically had my ISA money nicked. Back to the trad blue chip value ftse100 Divi payers that WICAO would approve of that I knew since 2001 I should be sticking with...

reformed nice guy
18 minutes ago, ThoughtCriminal said:

80 is my ladder price for alibaba

reformed nice guy
2 hours ago, CannonFodder said:

My speculation is that they.ve put this in place to fail.

China will be blamed for ignoring it and supplying dollars on the side. Or maybe britain for its secrecy laws.

The only solution is a digital dollar that can be fully controlled and sanctioned against the russians.

CBDC the solution.

Edit or they just making random stuff up for short term without thinking it out lol.

I think the politicos are aware that everything will fall apart so CBDC is their weapon of choice.

The oiks won't rebel if you can turn off their food, heating, stop them travelling,switxh off their social media, turn off their sky & Netflix...

The covid passport was the thin end of the wedge and the best way to get older people to use it.

Democorruptcy
2 hours ago, sancho panza said:

Funnily enough,we've moved from 4% baccy to 10% portfolio value over last two days.Japan Tobacco down at $8.53,lower than during covid.

Have people been stoping smoking?

Coma scores.We had a 3% BATs position,have added Jap and Imps to the mix.Yank ones are pricey imho.

Note:the balance sheet scores in red means goodwill is >75% of equity,amber means goodwill>50%

Company Share price Date            Chart              Inc              BS             CF           Sector            SCS
IMB GBP 15.35 11/03/22 4 5 1 4 4 18
BATS GBP 30.68 11/03/22 3 4 3 4 4 18
JAPAY USD 8.53 11/03/22 4 4 3 5 4 20
ALTRIA USD 50.85 11/03/22 2 3 1 4 4 14
PM USD 89.25 11/03/22 1 2 1 3 4 11

When the BATS news broke IMB also moved from positive to negative on the day, even though they had already stated their Russian figures earlier in the week and they were less affected profitwise. I posted earlier I'd searched both their annual reports for the word 'Russia' and thought IMB had already pulled products out. Anyway got to go, can't say too much about a share price in here or the macro police might swoop in again.

leonardratso
1 hour ago, Noallegiance said:

Get in the queue.

I'm bidding £26.12.

Just awaiting the mortgage approval.

youve no chance, which lender in their right mind would go that high without huge collateral,  you'll be telling me next that some fucking idiot is offering to pay the worlds energy bills with my NI contributions, hahaha laughable. oh wait....

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10603029/Liz-Truss-U-turns-Russian-energy-compensation-plan.html

Archived