DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 3)

spunko

DoINeedOne

Anyone heard any more from any brokers about the Gazprom shares noticed today in HL it now has a 7 next to it

7. This stock does not currently have a stock market listing

• Replies 30.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lightscribe
18 minutes ago, WICAO said:

Nope, still no idea.

It’s a meme where the Bogdanoff brothers (two celebrity French meme scientist brothers) are the omniscient rulers above the elites that really control the world bringing in the New World Order. Every bad trade (and especially crypto) is down to them giving the order to ‘dump it’ as soon as a McDonalds zoomer worker (wagie) buys crypto to try to ‘make it’ from their eternal future as wage slaves hence being ‘bogged’.

They have now ‘faked’ their own deaths obviously through covid-19 which only gives traction to the meme.

E2092B05-50A8-439F-983F-9881D7C91C1D.thumb.jpeg.f8f90366d413c428beb365c667441d6c.jpeg

geordie_lurch
16 minutes ago, Lightscribe said:

<Takes deep breath> well… it’s best explained in this video.

Wow what a video and what a YouTube channel @Lightscribe:Beer:

This one was recommended after I watched it showing us the future of 2030 and is too close to the truth :CryBaby:

BadAlchemy
16 minutes ago, DoINeedOne said:

Anyone heard any more from any brokers about the Gazprom shares noticed today in HL it now has a 7 next to it

7. This stock does not currently have a stock market listing

Delisted yesterday and due to be cancelled on June 16th...

No further news from HL on this so am preparing to be bogged!

https://topforeignstocks.com/2022/05/18/russias-gazprom-to-terminate-adr-program/

reformed nice guy
13 minutes ago, BadAlchemy said:

Delisted yesterday and due to be cancelled on June 16th...

No further news from HL on this so am preparing to be bogged!

https://topforeignstocks.com/2022/05/18/russias-gazprom-to-terminate-adr-program/

I asked Interactive Brokers. The reply:

Please note that we are preparing for potential bulk DR conversion, but there are difficulties involved in the process due to current sanctions and restrictions imposed by depositories, clearinghouses and regulatory authorities.
We cannot guarantee successful settlement of MOEX shares and therefore cannot guarantee that Interactive Brokers will be able to offer conversion of Russian DRs to MOEX shares.

Has anyone opened an account with Gazprombank?

Im going to try and see what the process is

JimmyTheBruce
3 minutes ago, reformed nice guy said:

Please note that we are preparing for potential bulk DR conversion, but there are difficulties involved in the process due to current sanctions and restrictions imposed by depositories, clearinghouses and regulatory authorities.
We cannot guarantee successful settlement of MOEX shares and therefore cannot guarantee that Interactive Brokers will be able to offer conversion of Russian DRs to MOEX shares.

Doesn't that link suggest that they have until June 2023 to sort it out?  I.e. a year after the ADRs are cancelled.

1 hour ago, reformed nice guy said:

There's a discussion channel on Discord:

https://discord.gg/rnYjAB79

not much for UK based holders though....

Lightscribe
5 hours ago, DurhamBorn said:

They do,but its the gap from say 45 to 67 without the big bennies.They changed the rules on Pension Credit for couples as well,you only get it when both sides of the couple are state pension age,not just when the first one is as it used to be.So if someone is 67 and partner is 63 no Pension credit until he is 71 and shes 67.UC instead,but state pension is higher than couples UC,so nothing,they would have to live off one state pension.

I told Blairs agent at the time at a council vote count that Browns tax credits etc would be a disaster long term for the working class,he said it was short term until wages increased,like a tax cut.Brown hoodwinked Blair on them.

Still every bennie claimant I know (and I know a fair few through my partners sister) has a least squeezed one more kid out at 40+ alongside the older ones with ADHD for carers allowance etc.

Basically the tax credit train doesn’t stop for them leaving only a decade in benefit wilderness (57-67 - none of these women are going to be ‘married’ for couple rules for pension credit).

That benefit brick wall should be hitting by the end of this decade so some way to go (the working tax paying sector will be decimated by then) although it will start to become apparent in dribs and drabs way before that.

Everyones getting far more disabled as time goes on, amazing with modern medicine and technology.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/1063012/Ch4_Disability.xlsx

reformed nice guy
1 hour ago, TNS said:

There's a discussion channel on Discord:

https://discord.gg/rnYjAB79

not much for UK based holders though....

That was helpful, thanks

I am going down the rabbit hole and will open a Gazprombank account. I started a new thread to detail it all and not clutter up this thread:

Democorruptcy
7 hours ago, Dogtania said:

I visited an hmv and fopp shop at the weekend.  First time in years and was shocked by the vinyl prices. Seemed to be almost £30 for a 'bog standard' album.  Maybe I've just not kept track or the cost of producing compared with say CDs is being reflected.

I did know a lot of older vinyl had been growing in value for a while.  For someone with the space and enjoys music there must be worse bets, granted not sure I'd like the idea of starting a collection at such prices.... Though not sure I'd be inclined to sell either.  Poor man's art market an analogue?

Lego not so sure.  More one dimensional and imo even if a great toy it's still plastic tat at the end of the day.  Saying that I was in a lego shop recently and was tempted by the statue of liberty, was 'only' £40 odd but liked the look of (as an ornament not investment).

I kept all my vinyl but have relative who told me it was done years ago. He said the future was mp3 etc and gave all his vinyl away to charity shops. Now he's trying to buy his collection back bit by bit at eye watering prices.

I did tell him!

Democorruptcy

Permabear Hussman still not happy about current valuations but says even if he's completely wrong he'll be OK:

We’ve even established criteria – coupled with position limits and safety nets that constrain risk – that I expect will allow us to tolerate and even prosper even if market valuations never approach their historical norms again. We don’t expect that sort of world, but we’ve allowed for it.

Making Friends with Bears Through Math

27 minutes ago, Democorruptcy said:

I kept all my vinyl but have relative who told me it was done years ago. He said the future was mp3 etc and gave all his vinyl away to charity shops. Now he's trying to buy his collection back bit by bit at eye watering prices.

I did tell him!

The way I see it, the more digital the world becomes the more there will be a need and demand for non-digital, real things of quality. 

1 hour ago, Democorruptcy said:

I kept all my vinyl but have relative who told me it was done years ago...

That relative was right, vinyl is done!

Idiots with too much money are building "collections" they will never listen to, in order to display as a sign of taste. Some savvy speculators are hyping it to get rich.

As much of a ceremony as putting a vinyl recording on is, how often does anyone actually go through all that? Who has time to regularly listen to a whole LP album these days?

It is up there with "collections" of mass-produced modern Swiss watches IMO.

Give me configurable playlists, or give me death!

4 hours ago, Lightscribe said:

Everyones getting far more disabled as time goes on, amazing with modern medicine and technology.

But but ..... now everyone can work from home 🤣

Bobthebuilder
1 hour ago, Axeman123 said:

Give me configurable playlists, or give me death!

Love a bit of Kennedys me.

I have a lot of vinyl, collected over the years and inherited the FIL stuff, 60s 70s mainly, mono beatles albums and apple records box sets. I have 80s rock, acdc, guns and roses first album, Metallica 10" garage days re revisted etc.

You know, I think the mono records sound better than the stereo stuff, just more power in some way.

Bricormortis

There is 6 nato warships arrived in Devonport yard Plymouth and there has been some uptick of activity re the Forces there. It did raise my eyebrows a bit given the context re Ukraine, now today I am reading Nato are looking at going into the Black Sea to get the grain out.

Now it may not happen, also Russia might back off. However If it gets nasty you have to expect big market volatility.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/uk-s-nato-envoy-warns-royal-navy-may-have-to-battle-russia/ar-AAXXPge?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=eab484ab661b4f6fbc5956b187be4a7d

Alec Shelbrooke, MP and leader of Uk parliament delegation to Nato said...

“This would be a dangerous task, and we must be prepared that we may need to engage in lethal defensive force against the Russian Naval sea blockade. This would certainly run the risk of escalating the war in Europe, and a high risk of death to British service personnel serving in any Joint Expeditionary Force.

“If we do not properly consider such a mission, then I believe we risk hyperinflation on food prices at home, and starvation in the third world, which will undoubtedly lead to yet further influxes of refugees into Europe.

43 minutes ago, Bobthebuilder said:

Love a bit of Kennedys me.

I have a lot of vinyl, collected over the years and inherited the FIL stuff, 60s 70s mainly, mono beatles albums and apple records box sets. I have 80s rock, acdc, guns and roses first album, Metallica 10" garage days re revisted etc.

You know, I think the mono records sound better than the stereo stuff, just more power in some way.

I have a 1970’s radiogram in the dining room. Not used much but a great sound for vinyls. Undertones, Blondie, The Jam were my top 3 back in the day so I have them on vinyl. Bat out of Hell (obs), Human League, Squeeze….and some nice collectibles.

But outside vinyl I like to drift around you tube linked to a speaker with a huge eclectic range from Leadbelly, John Denver, Dean Martin to the Dead Kennedy’s and SLF. I just like great songs….😉

I have seen decent LPs for £2 but in the same shop the range is massive. Bowie, Beatles etc ie ‘perceived cooler stuff’ going for £30. 

reformed nice guy
10 minutes ago, Bricormortis said:

further influxes of refugees into Europe.

Putins greatest weapon

Erdogans biggest bargaining chip

1 hour ago, Bricormortis said:

There is 6 nato warships arrived in Devonport yard Plymouth and there has been some uptick of activity re the Forces there. It did raise my eyebrows a bit given the context re Ukraine, now today I am reading Nato are looking at going into the Black Sea to get the grain out.

Now it may not happen, also Russia might back off. However If it gets nasty you have to expect big market volatility.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/uk-s-nato-envoy-warns-royal-navy-may-have-to-battle-russia/ar-AAXXPge?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=eab484ab661b4f6fbc5956b187be4a7d

Alec Shelbrooke, MP and leader of Uk parliament delegation to Nato said...

“This would be a dangerous task, and we must be prepared that we may need to engage in lethal defensive force against the Russian Naval sea blockade. This would certainly run the risk of escalating the war in Europe, and a high risk of death to British service personnel serving in any Joint Expeditionary Force.

“If we do not properly consider such a mission, then I believe we risk hyperinflation on food prices at home, and starvation in the third world, which will undoubtedly lead to yet further influxes of refugees into Europe.

Perhaps this should be in the war and conflicts section. I am no military expert but doesn't Ukraine have only one port left, Odessa? Wouldn't Russia just bomb the f..k out of the port? What am I missing?

Bricormortis
9 minutes ago, Bilbo said:

Perhaps this should be in the war and conflicts section. I am no military expert but doesn't Ukraine have only one port left, Odessa? Wouldn't Russia just bomb the f..k out of the port? What am I missing?

It might come to nothing, if it gets violent who knows what happens. I do know the Russians greatly fear RN submarines though. Aircraft Carrier seen off Plymouth late last week also.

5 minutes ago, Bilbo said:

There are sea mines around the port.  Ukrainian ones....

Unsurprisingly merchant ships (and insurers) are not too keen on them playing minesweeper.

Alec Shelbrooke also misses minor things like the Montreaux convention that means Turkey can block naval ships at a time of war, which funnily enough they have done so, ain't no NATO or Russian warships going through into the black sea.  

In a message to constituents, Mr Shelbrooke said that a challenge to Boris Johnson’s leadership would be “an indulgence” at a time when the prime minister is playing a prominent role in the global response to Vladimir Putin’s invasion.

War and sabre rattling is good for keeping politician parties during covid off the headlines.

Archived