DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Crack-up Boom 2022 onwards

Jesus Wept

7 minutes ago, No One said:

Debt cancelation is deflationary

Is it?

I mean, aren't they just going to print the money to pay off the debt.

If so then it isn't. Now the people who were going to pay it back have it to spend.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, XswampyX said:

Is it?

If so then it isn't. Now the people who were going to pay it back have it to spend.

At least they seem to be rewarding those prepared to get off their arse and learn something, rather than the Wayne and Waynetta that we have been chucking money at for years. Students should never have been made to pay for education in the first place. 

3 minutes ago, XswampyX said:

Is it?

It is, because cancelation implies the lender side of the loan, who sees a debt as an asset, gets to write off or make a loss on the printed money. Therefore is deflationary.

This is why in the ancient past in Greece sometimes the state had to wipe the slate clean becuase the system was about to collapse.

Just now, One percent said:

At least they seem to be rewarding those prepared to get off their arse and learn something, rather than the Wayne and Waynetta that we have been chucking money at for years. Students should never have been made to pay for education in the first place. 

9 minutes ago, No One said:

It is, because cancelation implies the lender side of the loan, who sees a debt as an asset, gets to write off or make a loss on the printed money. Therefore is deflationary.

Who is that?

13 minutes ago, No One said:

This is why in the ancient past in Greece sometimes the state had to wipe the slate clean becuase the system was about to collapse.

Should I now load up on debt to the moon, or will there be specific debt type that is cancelled? If , have I missed this boat as well? Ffs .

https://rooseveltinstitute.org/2022/08/17/canceling-student-debt-would-increase-wealth-not-inflation/

18460AE3-5005-4C76-9BB4-5A317FB3C2BA.thumb.jpeg.aa3705e4d4d439b34409c0f9600ed681.jpeg

They say it will “INCREASE WEALTH” and not cause inflation …… ffs ???!!! 

What an utter load of bollocks.

it doesn’t take a 5yr old to realise if you take $10,000 worth of debt away from millions of people they will spend more / demand more, and encourage others to take on more debt causing more inflation in the economy.

The debt hasn’t been defaulted on (which is indeed deflationary), it has been paid in a ‘oner’ by the government. 

In essence it’s another ‘bail out’ ….

36 minutes ago, No One said:

Debt cancelation is deflationary

Nope - Debt default is deflationary. 

The debt hasn’t been cancelled it’s been paid off allowing another avenue for government to print money directly into the economy. Just like the covid cash spent on furlough, vaccines, PPE etc…. 

6 minutes ago, Jesus Wept said:

The debt hasn’t been defaulted on (which is indeed deflationary), it has been paid in a ‘oner’ by the government. 

Yeah. What do the government care... the 'money' has already been created and spent.

Everything else is just bullshit. 

10 minutes ago, Phil said:

Should I now load up on debt to the moon, or will there be specific debt type that is cancelled? If , have I missed this boat as well? Ffs .

Yep, like the majority of dosbodders, you have missed out again on the helicopter money. 

This ‘seeding’ of the MSM that this would happen and would not cause inflation is so obvious it’s comical now.

4DC82572-7E22-4D2D-986D-5384AA7EAE1B.jpeg

9622B96F-DD01-4031-8225-330C1DFD312A.jpeg

74CCCB0E-DFC9-47F4-BE15-80AD6997788D.jpeg

DCABD72E-71CC-499B-938B-D2945BB400F7.jpeg

9E453473-E01B-497A-8E2F-34CB72DD6040.jpeg

I apologise I am an idiot…. My maths must be ‘lousy’….

Wight Flight

If we cancelled £10k of debt for every student that graduated in the UK last year it would not make one jot of difference.

1 hour ago, One percent said:

True but 90% of them should not even be at uni

1 minute ago, King Penda said:

True but 90% of them should not even be at uni

To be fare, what else is there ? At least the uk has lots of good dancers and oboe players and fine art people, and diversity types and…….

Take me buming around geting drunk all the time I might get chance to use some of these soon (if I can toe the line and keep my mouth shut ).in theory I’m a level 2 (maybe band 3 )foster carer with 2 years experience come September.I’ve got loads of different ones but no doubt the council will claim has its kinship fostering it does not count (same courses has there lot take btw).so I could counter argue that I’ve used my time geting drunk to get life skills and better prospects em

70572F38-8DCC-4C86-B126-55E9038A3B36.jpeg

3D34ED32-BC90-49F9-ADDD-56EDF297D142.jpeg

On 30/11/2021 at 09:57, spygirl said:

A topical and timely example - 

MI6 boss warns of China 'debt traps and data traps'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-59474365

He aint Smiley anymore.

A degree in ancient German languages no longer cuts it versus Ruskies and China techo-storm troop.

MI6 chief Richard Moore has warned of China's "debt traps and data traps" in his first live broadcast interview.

Mr Moore - known as "C" - told BBC Radio 4's Today programme these traps threatened to erode sovereignty and have prompted defensive measures.

TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT At GCHQ, we’re proud to offer an inclusive and supportive working environment that encourages open minds and attitudes. As an organisation that values and nurtures talent, we are committed to helping you fulfil your potential. You’re not expected to come to us with a wealth of knowledge or skills on day one. We invest in our people - providing technical mentoring, training and support. ABOUT US As one of Britain’s intelligence agencies, we unlock the complex world of communications to make a real difference to the safety of the nation. We work closely with our partners in the intelligence community to safeguard Britain’s people, interests, and businesses from various threats. Think serious organised crime, such as people and drugs trafficking, or terrorism and cyber-attacks. It’s challenging and varied work that you won’t find anywhere else. At GCHQ, diversity and inclusion are critical to our mission. To protect the UK, we need a truly diverse workforce that reflects the society we serve. This includes diversity in every sense of the word: those with different backgrounds, ethnicities, gender identities, sexual orientations, ways of thinking and those with disabilities or neurodiverse conditions. We therefore welcome and encourage applications from everyone, including those from groups that are under-represented in our workforce. BENEFITS PACKAGE We have an excellent benefits package which includes 25 days holiday as standard (pro rata) increasing to 30 days after five years, various flexible working patterns and part time working options available, generous pension contributions and parental leave, and three days volunteering leave as well as flexibility to move to a new role/area after 2-3 years. THE ROLES Infrastructure Engineer (available in all locations) You’ll design, implement, support and maintain a complex and technologically advanced IT Infrastructure needed to meet the demands and pace of the full suite of missions across the intelligence agencies. Network Engineer (Cheltenham and London only) Designing, building, commissioning and supporting networks and making use of all the Network Management, Automation and Software Defined Network toolset to do so. If you understand how systems are configured, defended and thereby open to threats then we want to speak with you. Software Engineer (available in all locations) To work as part of an Agile DevOps team responsible for maintaining, developing and delivering bespoke software solutions and date-driven web applications. The role will focus heavily on automating manual processes and modernising legacy monolithic applications. REQUIREMENTS We’re looking for enthusiastic and motivated individuals from all backgrounds, with technical skills and a constant desire to stay on top of technology. It doesn’t matter where you are in your career, as long as you are interested in learning or have experience of working in a more technical role. You should be good at prioritising and able to remain focussed under challenging circumstances. A competent communicator you’ll expertly share knowledge and insight, with a range of customers and be comfortable working in small to medium-sized teams. Along with a passion for technology, an essential requirement for this role is - • Relevant work experience in an IT focused role and/or a STEM Degree It would be advantageous if you also have experience and/or interest in any of the following - • Experience of and interest in IT • Powershell, Exchange and M365 & EOP Support Skills • Directory Services, ISODE, DLP and MTAs • On-Premises and Cloud-Based messaging solutions • Programming languages such as Java, JavaScript, C++, Python, Node.js • Virtual Infrastructure such as VMware, Hyper V, AWS, Azure, Citrix, Microsoft RDS • Automated Deployment Technologies such as Puppet Ansible, Terraform • Operating Systems such as Linux, Windows, MAC os • Authentication and Authorisation technologies such as Oauth, PKI and Directory Services. • CISCO, WAN/LAN Technologies • LAN/WAN/Firewall technologies, e.g CISCO, JUNIPER • Agile Development Techniques You must also meet our nationality, residency, and security requirements. You can find more details here. SALARY £30,831 (package includes basic salary and concessionary payment) and we may offer you an additional one-off recruitment bonus which is dependent on skills and experience.

The average price for a property in Cheltenham is £381482 over the last year. Use Rightmove online house price checker tool to find out exactly how much ...

Im actually a bit shocked they are asking for Windows skills - hopefully these are not for inhouse systems.

As @onlyme jiggled this thread alive.

Why on earth would a security org list a load of Windows skills when WIndows is a big gaping hackhole?

Seriously, you cannot secure down and strip away windows enough to make it secure.

mi6 needs to be running the absolute basics and a custom build.

Anyhow, I digress.

Over summer Ive had a huge - and I mean huge - number of security  and defence jobs being pitched to me.

All by ~22yo recruiters, pitching on linkedin.

Now, linkedin does make the whole find someone with x skills a lot easier.

All the jobs have overlapped my listed skills. But none have been in my geographical area i.e. they are only searching on skills.

All have been hopelessly uncompetitive. In fact, all significant less than what I earned when I was employed 10+ years ago.

You cant make a case for a crap attempt to get Indians in -

1) Noone outsources to India anymore

2) Most are vetted British nationals only positions.

US gov owns 92% of student debt. This won't reduce government spending (they'll just print more), but increase the purchasing power of those who have it forgiven. So it my eyes that's gotta be inflationary. 

Archived