DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

BTL selling up says independent

sarahbell

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
haroldshand

Have to admit from where I am BTL landlords rushing to the exit is now becoming a thing, to what degree and how many of them is now the big question. Endless stories and articles coming from BTL landlords of "the pain and suffering of the tenants because of the pressure they are being put under"xD.

I cannot read enough of the articles where these people are having meltdowns and portraying themselves as Mother Theresa's or the Red Crescent in their caring charity work in putting roofs above these poor wretched tenants, it is fucking hysterical what they are trying to get the public to believe.

I know far more landlords than I feel comfortable admitting and a very  few are better than OK, but in general these people are as from from decent humans as you can get, burn you c***s

53 minutes ago, haroldshand said:

Have to admit from where I am BTL landlords rushing to the exit is now becoming a thing, to what degree and how many of them is now the big question. Endless stories and articles coming from BTL landlords of "the pain and suffering of the tenants because of the pressure they are being put under"xD.

I cannot read enough of the articles where these people are having meltdowns and portraying themselves as Mother Theresa's or the Red Crescent in their caring charity work in putting roofs above these poor wretched tenants, it is fucking hysterical what they are trying to get the public to believe.

I know far more landlords than I feel comfortable admitting and a very  few are better than OK, but in general these people are as from from decent humans as you can get, burn you c***s

I was a landlord for a short while during divorce proceedings (6 months, I think).  the agent was astounded that I charged a below market rent and fixed everything that broke instantly.

He failed to understand that in a divorce, the man should minimise detectable income as much as possible...

Wight Flight
3 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

Where & how do they survey for rents?

They could just ask the rent deposit shcemes?

With a crooked smile
8 hours ago, haroldshand said:

know far more landlords than I feel comfortable admitting and a very  few are better than OK, but in general these people are as from from decent humans as you can get, burn you c***s

Interesting @haroldshand. I'm sure you know more landlords than me as you work in some form of property maintenance I think? I would say tho most people I know who are landlords are pretty normal people that just own 1-3 additional properties. Most of the time you wouldn't even know they were landlords.

I've only ever known one complete arsehole he was a full time landlord buy our falling out had nothing to do with him bei g a landlord it qas just because he was a complete arse.

• 1 month later...
On 06/06/2022 at 23:50, sarahbell said:

They are selling to people who want a house or flat for whatever reason . If they can show income along with a deposit and they show intent then they will go through with the transaction . Job done .

Houses and  flats for sale are relatively limited in numbers compared to say 25 years ago , but things are what they are . There are so many people unable to buy for so many reasons but reality is what it is . Over the last thirty years many have been saying a housing price crash is imminent . Maybe one is around the corner but until or if it happens . Things are what they are .¬¬

There are buyers who will follow through with purchases and it is these buyers who buy from landlords who are selling up.

Sadly it appears house prices are still going up .

Archived