DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Decent drops

Wight Flight

Where will avg mortgage rates (NOT the base rate) peak in the next 5 years?  

106 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Posting this one because it shows hope versus reality - the bathroom photo hints it a probate sale but the initial price reflects the current prices landlords are hoping for.

Rental would be £500 so personally it's still got £10,000 to drop.

image.thumb.png.6490c6fa6b6fe86259ae38a9a5cdc243.png

edit - checked rental prices

Democorruptcy
1 hour ago, eek said:

None work on Safari and so on ipads or similar.

I've never stretched to an "i" thing. This is a classic case about why Whitby is gentrified. People who can afford "i" things aren't bothered about the house price history, they have the means to just buy what they want, when they want.

Bobthebuilder
2 hours ago, eek said:

The old way to work out rental investment used to be yearly rental X 15 years to get the full return on investment, as its been reduced from that (£90k ish) to current 10% yield. That would have been a bargain for a BLTer in years gone by, how times have changed in such a short period.

Huge reduction on that, keeps me hopeful for the wider national market.

2 hours ago, eek said:

Posting this one because it shows hope versus reality - the bathroom photo hints it a probate sale but the initial price reflects the current prices landlords are hoping for.

image.thumb.png.6490c6fa6b6fe86259ae38a9a5cdc243.png

edit - checked rental prices

Where?

With a crooked smile

Where are these drops you are all talking about? Using actual local sold data I'm just not seeing it.

Screenshot_20230228_205217_Chrome.jpg

5 hours ago, Democorruptcy said:

I've never stretched to an "i" thing. This is a classic case about why Whitby is gentrified. People who can afford "i" things aren't bothered about the house price history, they have the means to just buy what they want, when they want.

Cheaper than a laptop and I can do 99 percent of what I need to do on it.   It’s there instantly, unlike a windows thing which takes time to boot up then has to go through its bloody upddate thing too.  

Democorruptcy
1 minute ago, One percent said:

Cheaper than a laptop and I can do 99 percent of what I need to do on it.   It’s there instantly, unlike a windows thing which takes time to boot up then has to go through its bloody upddate thing too.  

I have a windows laptop but I never turn it off, just close the lid so it's back up straight away when I re-open the lid. It also can't remember the last time Windows Update ran because I block it with a batch file.

Archived