DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Troubling times at the EA office indeed

spunko

1 hour ago, wherebee said:

The model should have been that - 200 quid up front, with 2% commission, or 1000 quid up front with 0.5% commission, or 3,000 quid up front and 0.25% commission. Most people would have gone for the 1000 quid, thinking they had a 'bargain'. Add in a professional photographer for 250 quid - kerching.

Just goes to show almost everyone involved in the estate agency business are thick cunts.

I'm not sure if most would have gone for that model, isn't the average UK bank balance 30 quid or something? :CryBaby:

17 hours ago, spunko said:

I'm not sure if most would have gone for that model, isn't the average UK bank balance 30 quid or something? :CryBaby:

yeah, but that figure they quote is bollocks because it includes all the near dormant accounts.  I have over half a dozen bank accounts here in Oz; 4 have less than 100 bucks, I use two for everyday.  Why?  So I can move money rapidly away from a bank in trouble or which looks like it might freeze my money for saying the wrong thing on social media.

The mode wealth range across all my accounts is probably under 100 bucks, but I am not skint...

• Agree 1
  • Informative 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/05/2023 at 10:09, Andersen said:

The downsides for the seller is it takes a lot longer and potential buyers start to ask why it's been advertised for so long and not sold yet.

This is what happened to me.

Sibs went for kite flying EA who hugely overvalued. 8 months on not sold.

• Agree 2
  • Informative 1

On 17/05/2023 at 14:53, spunko said:

Strike's model looks interesting <snip> If you opt for their basic free package, it does appear to be genuinely free, though I'm sceptical if you can sell a house in 2023 without being on Rightmove...

Things might have changed but about 5 years ago several of my local EA's stopped using Righmove as the fees were too high (pot, kettle ?? 9_9)
The EA's were using alternative websites + hosting their own websites. They seemed to be getting instructions and selling ok without Righmove.

• Informative 2

@tlc suggest you check the exemptions at your local council, I sorted out the sale of a deceased estate a few years ago, rules then were no council tax (CT) payable for the first 12 months. If same in your area your CT exemption will be ending soon.

Water board were amazing (or cocked up?), we explained the situation and they marked the account "Deceased account - property being sold" and sent no more bills :Beer: 

• Informative 1
  • Cheers 1

On 07/06/2023 at 11:31, Darude said:

Rightmove increasing fees to estate agents by 17%:

https://propertyindustryeye.com/rightmove-defends-17-fee-hikes-as-estate-agent-says-no-option-but-to-pay/

I'm not ashamed to admit that the comments underneath from estate agents complaining about Rightmove bleeding them dry brought a tear to my eye.

On the positive side, look what they get for their money:

Automated fall-through process makes your properties available again post-fall through within 60 minutes NEW

https://customerfaq.rightmove.co.uk/support/solutions/articles/7000069451-i-ve-had-a-sale-fall-through-on-a-property-i-need-it-re-listed

https://customerfaq.rightmove.co.uk/support/solutions/articles/7000069460

My property doesn't qualify for re-listing - what else can I do?

• Changing the first photo
  • Adding words along the lines of "back on the market" to the summary description
  • If the vendor would be flexible on the price, consider reducing the price by more than 2% for the property to be automatically sent out in email alerts as a price reduction

xD

Edited by apples
  • Lol 1

On 10/04/2023 at 17:09, Austin Allegro said:

Mrs Beeny is/was one of the less-bad pwwwoperty types. I heard her speak at a conference once and she came across quite well and not one of those get rich quick types.

Her show was designed to muse over whether people would have still made money without doing any work in a rising market.

• Agree 3
  • Informative 1

Frank Hovis
17 hours ago, sarahbell said:

Her show was designed to muse over whether people would have still made money without doing any work in a rising market.

Yes, I saw a London flat where the buyer had spent two years not working but instead "doing things" to the flat.

Not the obvious but things like handpainted murals which had taken ages.

On the revisit for valuation the flat value was up say £200k and the owner was well pleased.

Sarah left it to the valuing EA to say that it would have gone up by this anyway and all the work put in hadn't added anything to the value.

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1

Democorruptcy
On 07/06/2023 at 16:45, Andersen said:

Things might have changed but about 5 years ago several of my local EA's stopped using Righmove as the fees were too high (pot, kettle ?? 9_9)
The EA's were using alternative websites + hosting their own websites. They seemed to be getting instructions and selling ok without Righmove.

I knew of some a few years ago but they all seem to be back on RM or OTM now. Can you remember who these firms were?

• Agree 1

11 hours ago, Democorruptcy said:

I knew of some a few years ago but they all seem to be back on RM or OTM now. Can you remember who these firms were?

Local EA's. They were high profile in the area they covered but unknown 20 miles away so names are not useful unless you live where I used to live.

Checking the EA my family used earlier this year, they're still off RM. Screengrab shows who they use (no points for spotting my diy typo)

List.jpg.32a988286f15e861d7fb3b8c9cb4b3be.jpg

• Informative 1
  • Cheers 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Estate agents are "property hero's" (sic) "here to save the day": :wanker:

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/138478388#/?channel=RES_BUY

Property description

"I need a hero, I'm holding out for a hero 'til the end of the night"... No need to hold out any longer as the property hero's at JDP are here and with a fantastic two bedroom bungalow in Tittensor! Perfectly positioned and tucked away at the end of the cul-de-sac, this ground floor level accommodation is the answer to all of your property struggles. Ideally located with excellent commuter links, great schooling and plenty of amenities close by, its sure to tick every box. The bungalow comprises of a breakfast kitchen to the front along with a generous lounge with a modern feel. To the rear are two bedrooms including a master with fitted wardrobes and a further double bedroom with French doors opening out into the rear garden. Externally, the property offers driveway parking to the front along with a carport to the side and a garage to cater for all of your storage needs. There is a pretty rear garden that is of a good size boasting a patio area where you can sit out as well as lawn space too. This super bungalow has everything that you need and is perfect for those who are looking for an brilliant accommodation that is all conveniently set on one level. The JDP property Hero's are here to save the day so contract our Stone office to arrange your viewing now!

Emphasis mine. Does this shit attract buyers? o.O
Edited by apples

leonardratso
1 hour ago, apples said:

Estate agents are "property hero's" (sic) "here to save the day": :wanker:

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/138478388#/?channel=RES_BUY

Emphasis mine. Does this shit attract buyers? o.O

it attracted me, i love a hero.

Yeah right, words and bullshit, who even thinks like that unless they are padding it out like the useless fuckers they are.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, spunko said:

Someone should start a similar website to layoffs.fyi , but for EAs going under. There's going to be loads.

I think theyve mostly already gone.

The offices in the  EA roads have been rpettyempty since 2007.

Running on OO and a team of PT and Saturday wimmin

Farcially OTT runnign costs.

Theres 25 sales recorded for Whitby this June.

There are 6 EAs. A couple have about ~10 in the office.

• Agree 1

On 27/09/2023 at 01:17, Stuey said:

Not when interest rates start being cut from their highs very shortly. ;)

I know I post laugh emoticons at your messaging that inflation is OVER, but please keep posting it with supporting data points.  It's really important to have contrarian views on a contrarian board...

On 27/09/2023 at 04:09, Sugarlips said:

Stuey hasn't banked Epstein and facilitated sex trafficking tho, has he?

• Informative 1
  • Vomit 1