DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Dealing with the Polymetal delisting and moving holding to Kazakhstan

sancho panza

You can't buy Poly anymore unless you call up do a back flip recite the alphabet backwards and allow you're partner to be roasted by ten Albanians. What's that tell you. Possibly that Institutions have your back and don't want you to lose you're shirt....and ain't that the truth.

On 05/06/2023 at 18:04, Cosmic said:

I'll have to ring them tomorrow and see if I can transfer just the Poly shares from II in my ISA. Don't want to transfer the whole ISA from II>AJ due to the GAZPROM shares sitting in II :(

They certainly allow you to request a transfer of only selected holdings ISA to ISA. Gov.UK says partial transfers are permitted.

AJB also allow / gave a quote for a buy order today.

Now considering size of cohones. I may have twanged the gambling bits in my brain. Reckon 10k in now is likely to give back 30-60k soon but then how about 100k or 300k? Tbh 60k would not affect my life. 1m would. Hmmm.

Dyor of course. Whatever is put in may also be lost completely.

• Lol 2

Thanks for the thread. I'm late to the party but I have some with Interactive Investor and Freetrade. 

I assumed II would be okay but sounds like you are all trying to transfer to AJ. Or is this something to do with HL? 

Edited by 23rdian

I only have a small amount in a HL sipp. I already have an AJ Bell sipp. Do I benefit from transferring? I can’t sell in either if I hold?

On 04/06/2023 at 07:35, JimmyTheBruce said:

Just had this confirmed by HL.  

Basically if you're holding them in SIPP or ISA with II then you're fucked >:(

With II? Why? 

What's it got told to with II

Sorry confused. 

Cold Cold Ground

I have managed to open a freedom finance account and just seeing about setting up a transfer. Think I might keep some in HL and some in FF accepting I might lose the lot. Definitely don’t want to buy any more here but does feel like a good opportunity.

• Agree 1

sancho panza
16 hours ago, Shamone said:

I only have a small amount in a HL sipp. I already have an AJ Bell sipp. Do I benefit from transferring? I can’t sell in either if I hold?

From memeory and I'd check back posts.HL are only not allowing transfers in.

Both me and @JimmyTheBruce have initatied transfers to AJB who are tkaing transfers until 30 june.Ours are outside SIPP/ISA.I'll psot up on how it goes

Whilst on the topic wooc.com have got back to me and are setting up accoutns for UK holders where you cna both buy and sell.I think we're gonna stick with AJB but I might set up wood.com account as a plan B,but I'll need to have a chat or two within the family before we make a deciiosn to go with them.

AJB is UK regulated there is some comeback to a degree,wood.com is Czech if memory serves.

17 hours ago, 23rdian said:

Thanks for the thread. I'm late to the party but I have some with Interactive Investor and Freetrade. 

I assumed II would be okay but sounds like you are all trying to transfer to AJ. Or is this something to do with HL? 

HL not taking transfers.AJB picking up lot of new business.Fair play.

Account set up was easy,transfer initatied within a day when I'd liaised with my broker where the shares are.Jimmy did his in 15 mins.

II look like they'll be seeling your stock

dyor natch

37 minutes ago, Cold Cold Ground said:

I have managed to open a freedom finance account and just seeing about setting up a transfer. Think I might keep some in HL and some in FF accepting I might lose the lot. Definitely don’t want to buy any more here but does feel like a good opportunity.

was it diffiuclt?

When I tried i got a opage where it was all in Kazakh....:ph34r:,couldnt get any further.

• Cheers 1

Cold Cold Ground

I did it through the app and it was all in English. It does seem to be the global business   listed in Kazakhstan so seems to be going okay. I did have to provide my name in cryllic as the final step. There doesn’t seem to be a direct translation so I have assumed a close approximation is okay. It’s not like I have any legal documents with a different cryllic spelling. Taking it step by step and may end up going AJ by the end of next week.

• Informative 2

sancho panza
13 minutes ago, Cold Cold Ground said:

I did it through the app and it was all in English. It does seem to be the global business   listed in Kazakhstan so seems to be going okay. I did have to provide my name in cryllic as the final step. There doesn’t seem to be a direct translation so I have assumed a close approximation is okay. It’s not like I have any legal documents with a different cryllic spelling. Taking it step by step and may end up going AJ by the end of next week.

You know what they say about assumption...

Ours is a 5% position by potfoilio value(a free bet from other goldies profits in Sept 2020 and feb 22).,

There's enough risk in the holding witouht adding to it via brokerage issues imho.Hence why I've chickened out and gone with AJ Bell rather than wood.com

• Agree 1

53 minutes ago, sancho panza said:

Account set up was easy,transfer initatied within a day when I'd liaised with my broker where the shares are.Jimmy did his in 15 mins.

dyor natch

Thanks for the response. Sorry to keep being thick but is the problem with Interactive Investor (II) with them being in an ISA?  They have said that it's only a problem to get certs from SIPP, PENSION TRADING or JUNIOR ISA accounts in correspondence so far. 

Can I go the AJB route? 

Edited by 23rdian

sancho panza
25 minutes ago, 23rdian said:

Thanks for the response. Sorry to keep being thick but is the problem with Interactive Investor (II) with them being in an ISA?  They have said that it's only a problem to get certs from SIPP, PENSION TRADING or JUNIOR ISA accounts in correspondence so far. 

Can I go the AJB route? 

I'm not with II.From what I remember @JimmyTheBruce saying II were going to sell all Poly AIUI.You need to check with him or ring them yourself to clarify.

HL will act on behalf of current customers with POly but not take transfers in apparently.

AJB are acting on behalf of current custom,ers and taking new transfers

Like I said,you really need to sepak to II to find out what their policy is as a forced sale may be done at a poor price.

dyor etc

26 minutes ago, Cold Cold Ground said:

Yeah, I accept that. Which is why I might spread around a bit. There is no clear way forward here.

agred.there are a lot of potential issues whatever you do

holding with AJB means no selling until Kaz gets opened up(which I hope it will0

Edited by sancho panza
  • Agree 1
  • Cheers 1

3 hours ago, sancho panza said:

From memeory and I'd check back posts.HL are only not allowing transfers in.

Both me and @JimmyTheBruce have initatied transfers to AJB who are tkaing transfers until 30 june.Ours are outside SIPP/ISA.I'll psot up on how it goes

Whilst on the topic wooc.com have got back to me and are setting up accoutns for UK holders where you cna both buy and sell.I think we're gonna stick with AJB but I might set up wood.com account as a plan B,but I'll need to have a chat or two within the family before we make a deciiosn to go with them.

AJB is UK regulated there is some comeback to a degree,wood.com is Czech if memory serves.

dyor natch

was it diffiuclt?

When I tried i got a opage where it was all in Kazakh....:ph34r:,couldnt get any further.

Many thanks. So if I’ve got this right, I may as well keep them in my HL sipp (happy I can’t sell them) since I wouldn’t gain anything by transferring to my AJ sipp since you can’t sell from there anyway? It’s a few hundred pounds so I’m not all that bothered anyway lol.

• Agree 1

JimmyTheBruce

You can certificate from trading and ISA accounts with II, you can't from your SIPP account.

Be aware that, last thing on Friday, II have just sent out a communication saying they're moving the deadline for Polymetal transfer out requests from 25th June to 11th June.  Which is Monday.  Utter cunts.

They've obviously already been inundated with transfer requests due to their refusal to keep holding them, and now they're fcking anyone over who wants to transfer out.  If you don't get a request in from another broker before Monday (which will be difficult) the only remaining option is forced liquidation.  Utter cunts.

• Bogged 3

34 minutes ago, JimmyTheBruce said:

You can certificate from trading and ISA accounts with II, you can't from your SIPP account.

Be aware that, last thing on Friday, II have just sent out a communication saying they're moving the deadline for Polymetal transfer out requests from 25th June to 11th June.  Which is Monday.  Utter cunts.

They've obviously already been inundated with transfer requests due to their refusal to keep holding them, and now they're fcking anyone over who wants to transfer out.  If you don't get a request in from another broker before Monday (which will be difficult) the only remaining option is forced liquidation.  Utter cunts.

The 11th is Sunday, which assuming they don't deal in transfers over the weekend, deadline is effectively today ?

I've had a transfer form sent to me so I hope this counts as initiated

Not filled it all in yet as I need to hear back from AJ Bell about a few details to put on the form

Edited by lid
  • Agree 2

sancho panza
38 minutes ago, JimmyTheBruce said:

Thanks for the clarification JImmy.

Couldnt agree with you more ref II.We have an account with them but with all this,I feel like closing it even tho we have no poly with them.

That's shocking service and if I had Poly with them in  I'd be filing a complaint about that with the FCA and I'd urge anyone affected to do so.There's no reason they can't copy AJB and allow until 30th.

• Agree 3

19 minutes ago, sancho panza said:

Couldnt agree with you more ref II.We have an account with them but with all this,I feel like closing it even tho we have no poly with them.

That's shocking service and if I had Poly with them in  I'd be filing a complaint about that with the FCA and I'd urge anyone affected to do so.There's no reason they can't copy AJB and allow until 30th.

Beyond a piss take especially with this message about the weekend 

DSC_0757.thumb.JPG.7849033224bf46be40ff4f8fe898388c.JPG

• Agree 1

33 minutes ago, lid said:

The 11th is Sunday, which assuming they don't deal in transfers over the weekend, deadline is effectively today ?

Not filled it all in yet as I need to hear back from AJ Bell about a few details to put on the form

Can I ask how you requested the transfer form? 

The Bear of Doom
1 hour ago, JimmyTheBruce said:

You can still get the shares in Certificated form, but the deadline for that is moving from the 30th of June to the 16th!

23 minutes ago, 23rdian said:

Beyond a piss take especially with this message about the weekend 

DSC_0757.thumb.JPG.7849033224bf46be40ff4f8fe898388c.JPG

Yeah, I was going to mention that as well :CryBaby:

I will probably go down the Certificated route and see if I can set something up with the Tabys App. Has anyone tried that yet? or does anyone know whether it is possible to transfer Certificated Shares into Freedom Finance, Wood etc?

• Informative 2

JimmyTheBruce
1 hour ago, lid said:

Yeah, I've had confirmation from AJ Bell that they've initiated the transfer with II, so I'm hoping it will get processed.  But II's behaviour over this has really wound me up, especially moving the goalposts without notice.  Every interaction I've had with them on this subject has left me with the distinct feeling that they're trying to engineer a particular outcome.

• Agree 2
  • Informative 1

JimmyTheBruce
1 hour ago, sancho panza said:

Agreed.  I've got a complaint open with them.  I'll be escalating it with the ombudsman regardless of what they come back with. 

• Agree 1
  • Love / Hugz 1
  • Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, JimmyTheBruce said:

Yeah, I've had confirmation from AJ Bell that they've initiated the transfer with II, so I'm hoping it will get processed.  But II's behaviour over this has really wound me up, especially moving the goalposts without notice.  Every interaction I've had with them on this subject has left me with the distinct feeling that they're trying to engineer a particular outcome.

This seems futile but can't see anything else I can do tonight. Can I register for an AJB ISA even if I have made contributions to II this year? 

_20230609_202729.JPG

JimmyTheBruce
18 minutes ago, 23rdian said:

This seems futile but can't see anything else I can do tonight. Can I register for an AJB ISA even if I have made contributions to II this year? 

_20230609_202729.JPG

Yes you can still open another ISA if you just intend to transfer to it.

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1

Talking Monkey
10 hours ago, Shamone said:

Many thanks. So if I’ve got this right, I may as well keep them in my HL sipp (happy I can’t sell them) since I wouldn’t gain anything by transferring to my AJ sipp since you can’t sell from there anyway? It’s a few hundred pounds so I’m not all that bothered anyway lol.

Im keeping mine in the HL Sipp and Isa as my understanding is that its no different than it being in AJ Bell once the thing gets delisted. 

• Agree 1