DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 6)

spunko

King Penda
1 hour ago, Calcutta said:

Living in a shared house isn't so bad, bit cramped when the kids are round, and I have to be pretty meticulous when it comes to storage space.

You never know who you'll end up living with, most of the time it's EEs who work weird shifts and I hardly ever see. There's a black guy downstairs who has his room just so he's got somewhere to hide from his girlfriend and an old guy whose grandkids live round the corner that gets drunk and falls down the stairs from time to time.

It's not ideal, but a damn sight better than living with a bird hassling me or making a mess I have to clean up.

If I was skint, or lonely, then I suppose it would be pretty grim. But tbph if I was skint or lonely I'd fuck off back to India and live on a train station platform till I'd figured out another plan. Or find some fat Shaz and ponce off her Tony Tokens for a bit.

I tell any young lad who'll listen, nothing keeps you warm at night like a pile of cash. Everything else is easy fixed.

It’s true zero debt and enough cash to last you 12 months and there’s no fear of anything .I simply don’t care if I work 12 or 60 hours a week.

• Cheers 2

Yadda yadda yadda
30 minutes ago, DurhamBorn said:

And its bennies causing it.I did a quick look at how rate increases will work compared to bennies and government spending.3% increase in rates removes £45 billion from spending.Government inflation linking across all spending increases £110 billion.I think terminal rates are 6.3% to cancel out government inflation creation.Thats not counting the private sector.The private sector needs around 2.8% at the moment on my model,but falling at the moment due to energy pull backs (could be short lived),so BOE rate now to force out inflation should be 9.1% on my model.Everything below that level is "distribution" so at the moment we are consuming around 4% of saved wealth,thats cash,pensions (the gilt bit) and soon housing equity.Until those numbers reverse houses are no go investments.

When do you expect the terminal rate to hit? Do you, like me, expect rates to rise beyond 6% and then reduce for a while before ramping back up well beyond 6% peaking in 2025-26?

Is there a strong possibility that there is some kind of rates induced financial crisis that causes rates to be temporarily slashed, perhaps later this year?

3 minutes ago, King Penda said:

It’s true zero debt and enough cash to last you 12 months and there’s no fear of anything .I simply don’t care if I work 12 or 60 hours a week.

Make it 12 years bro. And even that is not really counting bennies, interest on savings B|

King Penda
1 minute ago, Stuey said:

Make it 12 years bro. And even that is not really counting bennies, interest on savings B|

Impressive 

King Penda
9 minutes ago, Yadda yadda yadda said:

When do you expect the terminal rate to hit? Do you, like me, expect rates to rise beyond 6% and then reduce for a while before ramping back up well beyond 6% peaking in 2025-26?

Is there a strong possibility that there is some kind of rates induced financial crisis that causes rates to be temporarily slashed, perhaps later this year?

We might get a cut has a Christmas present then reversed in January just has the credit card bills land on doormats 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, King Penda said:

We might get a cut has a Christmas present then reversed in January just has the credit card bills land on doormats 

Yeah I think that's feasible, a bit of festive GDP stimulation and morale boosting

• Agree 1
  • Lol 1

Long time lurking
5 minutes ago, Yadda yadda yadda said:

I think most in the game have 6% pencil in by the end of the year,i`m seeing 7-7.5% being quoted by the end of next year ,but  3-5 year fixed term savings don`t reflect that they are in fact on par or even below what you can get on 1-2 year now the best ISA`s are now 5-5.4%  1-5 year fixed term 

• Informative 1

Lightly Toasted
30 minutes ago, DurhamBorn said:

And its bennies causing it.I did a quick look at how rate increases will work compared to bennies and government spending.3% increase in rates removes £45 billion from spending.Government inflation linking across all spending increases £110 billion.I think terminal rates are 6.3% to cancel out government inflation creation.Thats not counting the private sector.The private sector needs around 2.8% at the moment on my model,but falling at the moment due to energy pull backs (could be short lived),so BOE rate now to force out inflation should be 9.1% on my model.Everything below that level is "distribution" so at the moment we are consuming around 4% of saved wealth,thats cash,pensions (the gilt bit) and soon housing equity.Until those numbers reverse houses are no go investments.

As I see it, they have two traditional tools for managing recessionary periods, when the economy needs to contract following a period of excess:

1. increase interest rates, supposedly to reduce "excess" demand.

2. hand out more benefits, to put a floor under that demand in order to prevent a depression -- a so-called "automatic stabiliser" mechanism. This (+ political cowardice) is the reason for inflation-linking benefits.

Neither tool addresses domestic supply-side problems and because of this, they only work during normal times, i.e. when there's plenty of foreign supply expansion, printer paper, resources and Western credibility left. The authorities have not realised (or wilfully ignore) that we are no longer in normal times.

It brings to mind a Larry Niven fantasy setting in which Aborigines (having progressively used up all their continent's non-renewable magic) chant/wave defunct spells and sticks in the centre of Australia, doing stuff that used to work but doesn't any more.

• Agree 9

King Penda

I’ve just checked my bin it’s bin day tommorow and it made me chuckle . When I say I spend less than 20 a week on food I’m not actually joking . No waste in my bin next doors is aready full of takeaway wrappers . Im not inflation proof but I’ve more resilience to it than most people.

1FB04C75-F5AE-465A-AF9B-C23808E82721.jpeg

• Agree 1
  • Lol 2
  • Cheers 1

Noallegiance

First it's bags of nothing at the LME, now this.

Our society is a thin veil for the rife corruption and theft.

Screenshot_20230705-121115_Twitter.jpg

• Agree 2
  • Informative 3
  • Lol 5

Noallegiance
1 minute ago, King Penda said:

I’ve just checked my bin it’s bin day tommorow and it made me chuckle . When I say I spend less than 20 a week on food I’m not actually joking . No waste in my bin next doors is aready full of takeaway wrappers . Im not inflation proof but I’ve more resilience to it than most people.

1FB04C75-F5AE-465A-AF9B-C23808E82721.jpeg

I think this of myself, too.

Five people in my house. Every week the same - half full cardboard, food caddy, one plastics bag, one black bag. That's it.

I look down our street every morning and it's like people have had another Christmas.

• Agree 6
  • Informative 1
  • Lol 1

King Penda
5 minutes ago, Noallegiance said:

I think this of myself, too.

Five people in my house. Every week the same - half full cardboard, food caddy, one plastics bag, one black bag. That's it.

I look down our street every morning and it's like people have had another Christmas.

We don’t recycle anything but I put everybody’s bin out has I’ve got a key to the gated access. The Muslim Kurds next door have started drinking ironically 

• Lol 9

15 hours ago, belfastchild said:

Saturday? Saturdays are strictly DD access only.

I hear ya player. I'll come suitably dressed. Wouldn't want the other marina boomers to think you're a poof or anything.

Freddie mercury queen GIF - Find on GIFER

• Lol 4
  • Cheers 1