DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 8)

spunko

Royston

Anyone invested in Lotus Tech (LOT)?

Posted a net loss of £594m on the sale of 7000 cars.

So about £85k per car.

It would have been cheaper for them to just buy a Porsche Taycan for each customer and give it to them:D

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/business-finance/lotus-posts-£594m-loss-2023-ahead-ev-sales-growth#:~:text=Lotus delivered fewer than 7000,objectives over the coming years.

• Bogged 1
  • Lol 9
  • Vomit 1
  • Cringe 1

CannonFodder
48 minutes ago, DurhamBorn said:

Baxi Platinum i think.He changed the valves as well on the radiators so the £300 was including those as well.We have a new woman in now,she left her hubby and kids and moved in with some Jock in Glasgow who died,back here,now on bennies 48,full of carbs,even King Penda would not.Our lass says from now on no Chinese students only women like her,she is still saying i told the Chink it was ok to have the heating on 23c just so she would wander around in little shorts and tight t shirts.

Surely it was only allowed to be 23c when you were present?

Edited by CannonFodder
  • Lol 2

SpectrumFX
4 minutes ago, CannonFodder said:

I suspect a decrease in DIY activity going forwards.

Sounds like he might be round unblocking the toilet.

• Bogged 1
  • Lol 1

leonardratso

id say its ok to have it on 23c for that reason, i believe your missus is being unreasonable. Put it to a vote.

• Lol 1

Red Debt Redemption
21 minutes ago, Bobthebuilder said:

If that is the old style one its a decent boiler, expansion vessel goes flat very quick but you can pump it up every year with a Shrader valve bike pump.

Baxi Platinum 24 Combi Boiler - Mr Central Heating

I reckon he made about £400 on that job.

How do you rate the main eco compact 30kw? Apprantly the same as the old baxi 800 now called baxi platinum compact sans the longer warranty?

Bobthebuilder
2 minutes ago, Red Debt Redemption said:

How do you rate the main eco compact 30kw? Apprantly the same as the old baxi 800 now called baxi platinum compact sans the longer warranty?

I am not a big fan of those, the Baxi model was the first to come out, they don't last long, plastic valves inside that breakdown quickly, I have seen them totally fucked in 4 years. A mate of mine repairs for Baxi, says the 600 / 800 range are a bitch to work on. The old style platinum is the Potterton design from over 20 years ago, they are decent, Main used to make one not sure if they still do.

Just so you lot know, Potterton, Baxi and Main are all the same boilers, they just move the models down a name when new models come out, pattern parts as it were.

• Informative 7

Red Debt Redemption
1 hour ago, Bobthebuilder said:

I am not a big fan of those, the Baxi model was the first to come out, they don't last long, plastic valves inside that breakdown quickly, I have seen them totally fucked in 4 years. A mate of mine repairs for Baxi, says the 600 / 800 range are a bitch to work on. The old style platinum is the Potterton design from over 20 years ago, they are decent, Main used to make one not sure if they still do.

Just so you lot know, Potterton, Baxi and Main are all the same boilers, they just move the models down a name when new models come out, pattern parts as it were.

Cmonnnnn Sibanyeeeee

11 hours ago, Jesus Wept said:

What’s going on here then?

They are not ex-dividend - but both seem to have fallen rapidly in the last hour or so? 

Possibilities: 

Ukraine war coming to an end 😀 ?

Defence contracts pulled? 

Market realised the UK government has fuck all money left to buy arms ? 

Profit taking to invest in silver, EMs and Commodities? 

IMG_1452.thumb.jpeg.6188fce7b134da3d53e275c7afb5a652.jpeg

Glad to be (85% sold) out of RR last week. 

Interestingly I bought BAE back in the 2020 dip around 460p. Sold when it went to about 750p - was amazed at how much it had gone up  (thought all the Ukraine 🇺🇦 excitement was already in the share) -  and then went on to see it hit 1370p a few weeks ago.  

Another case of selling far far too early. 

I am more and more coming around to momentum / trend buying with the macro ideas on here obviously dictating what sectors. 

I notice you say you sell too early, so would you use TA to determine the buy/sell prices for your momentum trades, or would you use a subscription service?

Edited by JMD

Jesus Wept
8 minutes ago, JMD said:

I notice you say you sell too early, so would you use TA to determine the buy/sell prices for your momentum trades, or would you use a subscription service?

Neither just my gut / common sense - market cap / related to PE profit / revenue etc

What’s TA? 

• Agree 1

Castlevania
3 hours ago, DurhamBorn said:

Baxi Platinum i think.He changed the valves as well on the radiators so the £300 was including those as well.We have a new woman in now,she left her hubby and kids and moved in with some Jock in Glasgow who died,back here,now on bennies 48,full of carbs,even King Penda would not.Our lass says from now on no Chinese students only women like her,she is still saying i told the Chink it was ok to have the heating on 23c just so she would wander around in little shorts and tight t shirts.

What happened to the Asian student?

• Agree 1

Lightscribe
33 minutes ago, Calcutta said:

Territorial Army. We should all join, then when one of these bastards gives us our own money back and calls it a dividend we can get down there, lick a couple of rounds off in the lobby.

Actually it’s Teaching Assistant. Basically all this working lark and stocks and shares rubbish is a mugs game.

What he means is that we should have just consulted TA (Teaching Assistants) on how to maximise the ol tax crediteroonies on 16hrs with a couple of ADHDs slid in there.

Win-Win.

• Agree 1
  • Lol 5
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Jesus Wept said:

Neither just my gut / common sense - market cap / related to PE profit / revenue etc

What’s TA? 

Technical analysis (of a stock price chart to reveal future up/down trends).

Edited by JMD
  • Cheers 1

Jesus Wept
8 minutes ago, JMD said:

Technical analysis (of a stock price chart to reveal future up/down trends).

Yep - I do a bit of the old “TA”.

Whats been working really well for me is buying when the line is low down - and the share price is low, and then selling when the graph line goes up - and the share price is high. 
I like to call it a “buy low - sell high” strategy. Seems to be working. 🍻 

• Lol 5

Jesus Wept

Just putting this here. 

Shows how dislocated the economic system is. 

IMG_1469.thumb.jpeg.9c05103804fea068cc6d3c3c66b6f930.jpeg
USA Rents have increased by 160% in real terms since 1985.

In the same time Household Income has gone up 40%.

Something is gonna give soon….

• Agree 3
  • Informative 4

Strangely, that chart correlates (like everything else) to the closure of the gold window ...

• Agree 6
  • Informative 1
  • Lol 1

ThoughtCriminal

NVIDIA's relentless march has come to an end. Interesting to see if it's temporary.

Screenshot_20240410-072257~2.png

Edited by ThoughtCriminal
  • Agree 1
  • Informative 1
  • Cheers 4

AlfredTheLittle
7 hours ago, Jesus Wept said:

Yep - I do a bit of the old “TA”.

Whats been working really well for me is buying when the line is low down - and the share price is low, and then selling when the graph line goes up - and the share price is high. 
I like to call it a “buy low - sell high” strategy. Seems to be working. 🍻 

You've got it the wrong way around, you're supposed to buy high sell low. 

• Love / Hugz 1
  • Cheers 2