DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 8)

spunko

Castlevania
1 minute ago, Mandalorian said:

I've been out of this chat for 4 hours.

I'm having withdrawal symptoms.

It’s been painful.

• Agree 2
  • Lol 1

Bobthebuilder
1 minute ago, Mandalorian said:

Good for you, its Easter bank holiday Sunday, so tell us a egg joke you boring cunt.

• Lol 5
  • Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, Bobthebuilder said:

@Democorruptcy said earlier that taking money from H&L income account might have a different result.

Maybe the income account isn’t ISA wrapped and the divi’s are being paid out of the ISA and you (maybe automatically) are then sticking them back in. No point trying to guess what’s happening without more detail. 

Look, don’t do a withdrawal tomorrow it might aggravate the matter but get some details from HL first thing on Tuesday find out what’s happening. Ask their team to review the warning messages and get details of how dividends have been paid and what is going on in this case. Then give me the details in 3/4 short sentences by Wednesday afternoon.

Wait sorry……I thought I was back at work for a moment, whoosh, that was over 5 years ago now 😂

Good luck matey…sure you will sort when you chat it through with them 😉👍

Edited by Pip321
  • Lol 2
  • Cringe 1

Bobthebuilder
2 minutes ago, Pip321 said:

Maybe the income account isn’t ISA wrapped and the divi’s are being paid out of the ISA and you (maybe automatically) are then sticking them back in. No point trying to guess what’s happening without more detail.

That's the most stupid thing you have ever said.

• Lol 3

Castlevania
3 minutes ago, Bobthebuilder said:

Good for you, it’s Easter bank holiday Sunday, so tell us an egg joke you boring cunt.

What happens when you tell an egg a joke?

10 minutes ago, Castlevania said:

Are we still on ISA withdrawal chat? 

Welcome to the night shift!

• Love / Hugz 1
  • Lol 3
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Bobthebuilder said:

That's the most stupid thing you have ever said.

Bollocks….i have said much more stupid things than that. You should check out some of the other threads. 😉

• Agree 1
  • Love / Hugz 1
  • Lol 5
  • Cheers 1

Bobthebuilder
1 minute ago, Castlevania said:

What happens when you tell an egg a joke?

I don't know, what happens when you tell a egg joke?

• Lol 1

Just now, Bobthebuilder said:

I don't know, what happens when you tell a egg joke?

More importantly is it more grammatically correct to say the yolk of an egg IS white or the yolk of an egg ARE white?

Castlevania
2 minutes ago, Bobthebuilder said:

I don't know, what happens when you tell an egg joke?

It cracks up!

• Love / Hugz 2
  • Lol 3
  • Cheers 1

29 minutes ago, Shamone said:

Can you take money from the income account? I thought it only came out of the capital one.

All that seems a HL concept/practice, not so with all the other providers we use (or it is rightly an internal thing kept from us).  Just the one account for them.  We do however see that and other such stuff in our HL SiPPS.  It's good that they keep and drawdowned SiPPs in a separate account to keep track of things unlike the pooled approach used by others.  But all this income and capital stuff.....!

Edited by Harley
  • Informative 2

2 minutes ago, Castlevania said:

It cracks up!

I come here to ovoid shit like this.

• Agree 1
  • Bogged 1
  • Lol 5
  • Cheers 2

Castlevania
1 minute ago, AWW said:

I come here to ovoid shit like this.

Well you could have spent the last hour reading about withdrawals of dividends from ISAs 

• Agree 1
  • Lol 3

17 minutes ago, Pip321 said:

Look, don’t do a withdrawal tomorrow it might aggravate the matter but get some details from HL first thing on Tuesday find out what’s happening. Ask their team to review the warning messages and get details of how dividends have been paid and what is going on in this case. Then give me the details in 3/4 short sentences by Wednesday afternoon.

Wait sorry……I thought I was back at work for a moment, whoosh, that was over 5 years ago now 😂

Good luck matey…sure you will sort when you chat it through with them 😉👍

May be easier if Bob just goes back to work and forgets all this "living off the div" malarkey!

2 minutes ago, Castlevania said:

Well you could have spent the last hour reading about withdrawals of dividends from ISAs 

And questioned your sanity!

Edited by Harley
  • Agree 1
  • Bogged 1
  • Cheers 1

leonardratso

arent yolks yellow?

eggplant joke from twitter, involving BTC grifters;

image.jpeg.49c023593f7cb4a5821dafb5a6e641ca.jpeg

Edited by leonardratso
  • Lol 2

Bobthebuilder
2 minutes ago, Harley said:

Bob, I have some FU money just for times like this.  How much for all this to go away?

Or you could try talking to HL customer service......!

You disappoint me, I thought stuff like this was important, but I am learning recently it is probably not. In your words I'm out.

All this came from one post about ISA transfers, I didn't expect the Spanish inquisition.

• Informative 1
  • Love / Hugz 1
  • Bogged 1
  • Lol 3

leonardratso
4 minutes ago, Bobthebuilder said:

You disappoint me, I thought stuff like this was important, but I am learning recently it is probably not. In your words I'm out.

All this came from one post about ISA transfers, I didn't expect the Spanish inquisition.

But general consensus is that what HL are doing to you is against the grain, so you are in effect losing a chunk of tax free allowance, which is as good as cash in hand, even if you dont invest it and just leave in there as cash it would still be earning interest tax free.

• Agree 2
  • Cheers 1

16 minutes ago, Bobthebuilder said:

Whoops, sorry, just me being stupid.

Would love to know the answer given the "fun" we've had with HL systems and customer service in the past.

We moved several accounts due to issues (spoiler: the others are a bit shite too, just in other ways).

Interesting because I doubt many here are withdrawing money and would like to know about it.

And if DB is fine and you've not knowingly paid in then there must be something special of interest happening.

Edited by Harley
  • Agree 2
  • Cheers 1

Castlevania
11 minutes ago, leonardratso said:

arent yolks yellow?

eggplant joke from twitter, involving BTC grifters;

image.jpeg.49c023593f7cb4a5821dafb5a6e641ca.jpeg

I’m sure that you love a ripe cucumber 

Heart's Ease
2 hours ago, M S E Refugee said:

https://www.inflationtool.com/british-pound/1970-to-present-value?amount=1&year2=2024&frequency=yearly

This is interesting, I had worked out an old £1=240 pennies would have copper worth £15.52 in them.

Now according to this inflation calculator a £1 in 1970 would be worth £15.60.

Happy memories reading the comments on zerohedge all those years ago where canny US stackers collected pails of silver coins from going through rolls and rolls of coins from the banks and finding the good ones.

Same folks were making their own ammo from scrap lead from car wheel balancing weights.

Be interesting to see what gets turned up out of the cupboards when copper runs. 

• Agree 3
  • Informative 3

Bobthebuilder
5 minutes ago, Harley said:

Whoops, sorry, just....

My take away from today on this thread is that I reckon a lot of posters are in flexible cash ISAs and have hardly any skin in the game.

Most talk a different language from me, and fair enough, I am not going to criticise anyone.

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1
  • Cheers 1

wherebee
1 hour ago, Calcutta said:

I love HL, it's like they're not even trying sometimes. My kind of company. Just give us the fucking money and fuck off. 

My ex wife worked for them for a while, years back.  She had exactly the same attitude to me....

• Cheers 1

Axeman123
36 minutes ago, Funn3r said:

More importantly is it more grammatically correct to say the yolk of an egg IS white or the yolk of an egg ARE white?

broken or unbroken?

wherebee
50 minutes ago, Mandalorian said:

stick with it, the conversation will pay dividends...

• Lol 8
  • Vomit 1