DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Property crash, just maybe it really is different this time (Part 3)

spunko

JoeDavola
3 hours ago, HousePriceMania said:

Seems to be a load of Chinese and Indians appearing locally now.

At what level? What kind of price of house are we talking here, give or take £50K.

With a crooked smile
36 minutes ago, Bobthebuilder said:

I bet you a pound to a piece of shit my non property investments have done better than your houses, Mr fucking Penrith.

That's quite possible. I started investing in a Vanguard fund due to advice on here and I'm pleased with the results.

I only.have a pop at @HousePriceManiabecause he seems to rant and rant about this issue.

38 minutes ago, Bobthebuilder said:

No debt either, or air bnbs to fucking clean and wash other peoples shit off the bed sheets.

I pay people to do that, including in the airbnb these days.

• Agree 1

41 minutes ago, One percent said:

A question for an expert if you please. If I buy any old emulsion, even from the known manufacturers, it’s like painting with glue, brush marks everywhere. If i buy the expensive emulsion, f&b, little and brown, etc, it goes on really well. Ive even taken to thinning the cheaper stuff down. It still goes on like glue. 

Not really an expert but I know a few and I have painted many houses. Spend at least a month a year painting…despite being retired because I like it  

Shouldn’t really get brush strokes with emulsion. I cut in with a brush but roller everywhere else….haven't noticed an issue. Might be the combo of cheat paint and maybe a cheap brush? 

I use trade paints from trade outlets only.  Johnson’s, Crown and Dulux only. 

Definitely get what you pay for but I am bias because if I paint I am normally doing a whole house….and shit paint might be okay for a small job but after a few hours it really is worth the better stuff. 

Edited by Pip321
  • Agree 1

One percent
Just now, Pip321 said:

Not really an expert but I know a few and I have painted many houses. 

Shouldn’t really get brush strokes with emulsion. I cut in with a brush but roller everywhere else….haven't noticed an issue. Might be the combo of cheat paint and maybe a cheap brush? 

Definitely get what you pay for but I am bias because if I paint I am normally doing a whole house….and shit paint might be okay for a small job but after a few hours it really is worth the better stuff. 

I’ve always used a brush for emulsion. It’s the texture of the stuff these days. With the expensive stuff, it’s never a problem. 

• Agree 1

Bobthebuilder
2 minutes ago, With a crooked smile said:

I pay people to do that, including in the airbnb these days.

Lovely tax deductible expenses.

Why bother?

Bobthebuilder
4 minutes ago, Pip321 said:

Not really an expert but I know a few and I have painted many houses. Spend at least a month a year painting…despite being retired because I like it  

Fucking amateurs the lot of you, you are supposed to water down expensive paint like F&B for a wash coat, that's what the stuff is designed for and why its so expensive.

Fuck me.

• Lol 1
  • Cheers 1

With a crooked smile
6 minutes ago, Bobthebuilder said:

Lovely tax deductible expenses.

Not in my case for the airbnb. It's part of the house that is informally annexed off (so no second council tax) with it's own entrance. I claim the 7.5k rent a room allowance so can't claim additional expenses. I pay a neighbour round the corner cash to clean it. She knows she can do it anytime between 10 & 3 so it suits her. She also cleans a holiday home in our street but.im pretty sure the rate I give her works out better.

I'd rather pay a bit more and have reliability than anything else.

Edited by With a crooked smile
Sp can to can't

Bobthebuilder
1 minute ago, With a crooked smile said:

Not in my case for the airbnb. It's part of the house that is informally annexed off (so no second council tax) with it's own entrance. I claim the 7.5k rent a room allowance so can claim additional expenses. I pay a neighbour round the corner cash to clean it. She knows she can do it anytime between 10 & 3 so it suits her. She also cleans a holiday home in our street but.im pretty sure the rate I give her works out better.

I'd rather pay a bit more and have reliability than anything else.

Sounds fucking idyllic, I just collect divis every month tax free, fuck all that shit you are doing, totally inefficient.

• Lol 1

With a crooked smile
7 minutes ago, Bobthebuilder said:

Why bother?

This month so far with £500 due in the next few days.

Screenshot_20240421-213148_Airbnb.jpg

With a crooked smile
3 minutes ago, Bobthebuilder said:

, I just collect divis every month tax free, fuck all that shit you are doing, totally inefficient.

Rent a room 7.5k tax free what's divis? £500 now?

Bobthebuilder

Rent a room 7.5k tax free what's divis? £500 now?

Tax free from an ISA, I get about a grand a month (tax free) similar to your debt ridden business,

With a crooked smile
2 minutes ago, Bobthebuilder said:

similar to your debt ridden business,

I think that's a bit of an over reaction tbh. I've had a long day and am going off to sleep. I think you should get on the green and chill a bit!

Bobthebuilder

I think that's a bit of an over reaction tbh. I've had a long day and am going off to sleep. I think you should get on the green and chill a bit!

Run out of green, but you can take as much as you like from a stocks and shares ISA tax free.

JoeDavola

Perhaps if I'd worked harder and invested wiser I could finally live the dream and brag on the internet about my assets and how much money I make to a bunch of strangers.

Seems every other post here these days is some wealth-related dick waving contest. Yawn.

Edited by JoeDavola
  • Agree 6
  • Informative 1
  • Cheers 4

Bobthebuilder
4 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

Perhaps if I'd worked harder and invested wiser I could finally live the dream and brag on the internet about my assets and how much money I make to a bunch of strangers.

Seems every other post here these days is some wealth-related dick waving contest. Yawn.

You do it all the time.

• Agree 1

JoeDavola
Just now, Bobthebuilder said:

You do it all the time.

I don't think I do. I have enough wealth to buy a modest house and I'll still be working until I'm 60+ anyway, which I'm fine with. I have nothing to brag about even if I wanted to.

One percent
Just now, JoeDavola said:

I don't think I do. I have enough wealth to buy a modest house and I'll still be working until I'm 60+ anyway, which I'm fine with. I have nothing to brag about even if I wanted to.

You do exactly what you like, live where you want, have options, millions of options.  You are doing well imho.  

Bobthebuilder
2 minutes ago, One percent said:

You do exactly what you like, live where you want, have options, millions of options.  You are doing well imho.  

While calling other posters willy wavers, is a bit fucking rich IMHO.

• Agree 1
  • Lol 1

Joncrete Cungle
1 hour ago, Pip321 said:

Oh come on…Elephants Breath is unmistakable 😂

First time I ever bought it I asked for Elephants breath….I am trade but the guys at the paint shop had a super skit. Basically they said they couldn’t do it and I was wrong to ask for them to mix a copied colour……then went onto say

”Elephants breath represents the heat of Africa, with a gentle mist from the scorched earth rising from the feet of the majestic elephants as they make their way across the plains. It captures a moment about 20 minutes before the sun drops and you can smell that dry earth with every brush stroke”

“However I can do you a tin of 229…..exactly the same colour but without the speech.” 😂😂

Basically Farrow & Ball own the name…..but of course no one owns a colour.😉

Ps…Its dropped cloth, maybe Stiffkey Blue and shaded white and/or ammonite I use at the moment depending on the property….yep, I definitely know too much about colours. 

Our kid painted inside his house with Elephants breath, at the insistence of his wife. It's a hundred fucking quid a tin! :Old:

• Lol 1
  • Cringe 1

4 minutes ago, Joncrete Cungle said:

Our kid painted inside his house with Elephants breath, at the insistence of his wife. It's a hundred fucking quid a tin! :Old:

Fuck me there I was thinking that name was a piss take.

• Agree 1

Bobthebuilder
4 minutes ago, Joncrete Cungle said:

How many times do I have to say this, if its elephant breath Farrow and Ball, you are supposed to water it down.

47 minutes ago, Bobthebuilder said:

How many times do I have to say this, if its elephant breath Farrow and Ball, you are supposed to water it down.

You are supposed to get it mixed at a trade centre by Johnston’s for a fraction of the price. No one I know buys the real stuff….sorry I should say no decorator i know uses the real stuff  

First coat of Johnson’s can be loosened by water but I don’t normally bother. Bish bosh. 😆

• Agree 1

belfastchild
9 hours ago, Pip321 said:

You are supposed to get it mixed at a trade centre by Johnston’s for a fraction of the price. No one I know buys the real stuff….sorry I should say no decorator i know uses the real stuff  

First coat of Johnson’s can be loosened by water but I don’t normally bother. Bish bosh. 😆

Most of my house is painted in 'farrow and ball' colours. As you say, just get it mixed at the crown decorator centre.
Roller, long pole, room done in no time.

• Cheers 1