DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Property crash, just maybe it really is different this time (Part 3)

spunko

spygirl

Funny one.

First-time buyers face toughest test for 70 years

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c87zgx42m5go

Modern housing market has only been a thing since mid 70s.

The BSA's report, written by housing analyst Neal Hudson, suggests home ownership among younger people has been in decline over the last 20 years.

First-time buyers faced the dual affordability struggle of raising a deposit to buy a home as well as paying a mortgage.

Thats Brown for you.

• Agree 1
  • Lol 1

Eventually Right
6 minutes ago, Democorruptcy said:

I didn't think this looked much house for £275k

spacer.png

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/147058790#/?channel=RES_BUY

"A Charming Blend of Tradition and Opportunity"
Discover this listed traditional Welsh cottage offering endless potential. Nestled in a serene rural setting, Pant Y Crintach exudes charm and history. This unique property is a treasure trove of traditional features, offering a glimpse into the past while providing the comforts of modern living.

From its cosy rooms to its rustic exterior, Pant Y Crintach is a testament to timeless Welsh architecture. The property's rural location offers peace and tranquility, making it a perfect escape from the hustle and bustle of city life.

But the beauty of Pant Y Crintach extends beyond its traditional appeal. The property also presents a fantastic opportunity for its new owners. It could serve as a delightful home or continue its current role as a successful holiday let.

offering a glimpse into the past = You'll feel like you're in the 1700s

cosy rooms = no cat swinging

Pant Y Crintach = Local pharmacist will sort you out with a cream for that. (bit of a drive though)

• Agree 1
  • Lol 2

Long time lurking

It`s getting close now i can remember this happening around 2009-10 before zirp came to save the day ,i seen huge increases in asking price indexes in my neck of the woods 

• Agree 2

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-68874847

Homeowner pain as major banks hike mortgage rates

Some of the UK's biggest banks are raising mortgage rates as expectations of when the Bank of England will cut interest rates are pushed back.

Barclays, HSBC and NatWest are all increasing some costs on fixed-rate mortgage deals from Tuesday.

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1
  • Cheers 1

Democorruptcy
1 hour ago, onlyme said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-68874847

Homeowner pain as major banks hike mortgage rates

Some of the UK's biggest banks are raising mortgage rates as expectations of when the Bank of England will cut interest rates are pushed back.

Barclays, HSBC and NatWest are all increasing some costs on fixed-rate mortgage deals from Tuesday.

Apparently that was on the BBC 6 o'clock news and they said the BoE aren't expected to cut rates now until August. That could have been some leveraged folk choking on their tea (and supper if it's repeated at 10pm?).

• Agree 1

One percent
4 minutes ago, Democorruptcy said:

Apparently that was on the BBC 6 o'clock news and they said the BoE aren't expected to cut rates now until August. That could have been some leveraged folk choking on their tea (and supper if it's repeated at 10pm?).

But no one watches the bbc, especially the news, so how would they know?   

• Bogged 1

One percent
4 minutes ago, HousePriceMania said:

This is cheap.

It’s huge. A massive money pit…

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, One percent said:

Listed too.  More ££££ when work is needed

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1

One percent
1 minute ago, Loki said:

Listed too.  More ££££ when work is needed

I also don’t like that on the aerial view, the red line showing the boundary doesn’t appear to include the drive and most of the back yard. 

• Agree 1

HousePriceMania
10 minutes ago, One percent said:

yes, definitely.  These old houses need a fortune spending on them

However, in 2021/2022 people were paying £400 per sq ft for houses that needed renovating, so it is refreshing to see.

I have first hand experience of this as we offered on one around £300 per sq ft and almost proceeded with the purchase, we are very happy we didn't now.

Edited by HousePriceMania
  • Informative 1

With a crooked smile
5 minutes ago, HousePriceMania said:

yes, definitely.  These old houses need a fortune spending on them

However, in 2021/2022 people were paying £400 per sq ft for houses that needed renovating, so it is refreshing to see.

I have first hand experience of this as we offered on one around £300 per sq ft and almost proceeded with the purchase, we are very happy we didn't now.

You'll NEVER buy a house. Psychologically you wouldn't be able to deal with the process of buying.

7 minutes ago, One percent said:

I also don’t like that on the aerial view, the red line showing the boundary doesn’t appear to include the drive and most of the back yard. 

Very common with old farm yard splits, shared access to a number of houses, often quite a few more, they often squeeze 4 or 5 out of them.

Right on the A36, busy trunk road.

• Informative 1

Mandalorian
58 minutes ago, Democorruptcy said:

Buttering the proles up for August.  Then September.  Then next year.

We see how it works.

• Agree 2
  • Cheers 2

7 minutes ago, Mandalorian said:

We see how it works.

A lot of the remaining ready / willing / desperate cash or large deposit buyers will have been sucked in over the last few months of promises of interest rate drops, green shoots, spring bounces and gamboling (gambling ?) lambs. 

• Agree 1

One percent
13 minutes ago, Mandalorian said:

We see how it works.

Jam tomorrow 

shit today

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1
  • Lol 1

One percent
2 minutes ago, onlyme said:

A lot of the remaining ready / willing / desperate cash or large deposit buyers will have been sucked in over the last few months of promises of interest rate drops, green shoots, spring bounces and gamboling (gambling ?) lambs. 

Depends whether they go down the bookies or not. 

• Agree 1

Chewing Grass
31 minutes ago, Mandalorian said:

We see how it works.

Bit like flights to Rwanda and the Vaxxed dropping dead en-masse.

• Agree 3

Bobthebuilder
1 hour ago, With a crooked smile said:

You'll NEVER buy a house. Psychologically you wouldn't be able to deal with the process of buying.

What, instructing a solicitor to do all the work you are not legally allowed to?

When I bought a house I didn't have the option of doing it myself. I said to the estate agent "I will have it", and that was it, did nothing else than transfer some money to the solicitor.

No psychology involved at all.

Mandalorian
51 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

Bit like flights to Rwanda and the Vaxxed dropping dead en-masse.

I suspect not a single flight will ever take off - even after the nonsense in parliament tonight

• Agree 2

HousePriceMania
"  1 hour ago, With a crooked smile said:

What, instructing a solicitor to do all the work you are not legally allowed to?

When I bought a house I didn't have the option of doing it myself. I said to the estate agent "I will have it", and that was it, did nothing else than transfer some money to the solicitor.

No psychology involved at all."

@Bobthebuilder, I think he's trolling me, he's been at it for a while since the loon that was practically stalking me was told to stop by @spunko.  He must be the troll's biatch or something, it's pretty odd behaviour, trolling by proxy is even sadder than trolling.

It's really quite sad and pathetic especially given we moved quite recently :Old:

The troll loons can say/think what they want, it's their prerogative but I'd recommend they seek help they clearly have some mental health issues.

image.png.90626de804956db812d29b5134bafbc6.png

Edited by HousePriceMania