DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 9)

spunko

Plan-b
Posted (edited)

IT begins - Ethereum ETFs approved

image.jpeg.71eb30e1c90dc77cee66df8db30bf623.jpeg

The SEC filings list eight Ethereum ETFs from VanEck, Fidelity, Franklin, Grayscale, Bitwise, ARK Invest & 21Shares, Invesco & Galaxy, and BlackRock’s iShares Ethereum Trust, proposed for listing on Nasdaq, NYSE Arca, and Cboe BZX Exchange.

Edited by Plan-b
  • Informative 2
  • Lol 5
  • Vomit 1
  • Cheers 1

sancho panza
8 hours ago, DurhamBorn said:

It amazes me with Japan,what do they borrow so much for?.I dont see millions of ADHD bennie claims etc,so where is it going?

Japan has elderly population and a similar addiction ot deficit spending as the west.It goes a bit further though because they're not shy buying 2x ETFs to get the market moving

image.png.a17e818a00565597e364d4a8e7898f65.png

https://www.mof.go.jp/english/policy/budget/budget/fy2022/03.pdf

image.png.d3b4930b790585079427a35ed87d6749.png

• Informative 9
  • Cheers 1

wherebee

the Japanese public also have huge amounts of savings though, unlike the shitty western consumer.  Much of that is in government debt.  US, Australian debt is favoured.

Another peice of the puzzle why the US has to support Japan - if those old folk have to start selling their savings instruments, the impact on western bond prices would be extreme...

• Agree 7
  • Cheers 1

BurntBread
Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, JMD said:

You've reminded me that I did mean to watch that intriguing Bridgen interview.

Has anyone got a link to the full interview please?

Sorry, on my phone so hard to find and paste here. However you'll find the interview on the website http://www.docmalik.com, and if you search for the Andrew Bridgen thread on Off-topic, you'll find my summary of the 2 hours and, more usefully, direct links.

Edited by BurntBread
  • Love / Hugz 1
  • Cheers 2

PatronizingGit
On 14/05/2024 at 10:10, afly said:

I was in Brazil about 7 years ago and was surprised to see normal daily basic stuff was available on finance. I realized how different the lives of an average brit was compared to the average brazilian

takeaways with klarna

https://deliveroo.co.uk/more/pay-with-klarna

Meanwhile denninger on one of his weekly radio slots a couple of months back was saying that in Argentina barely anyone can get credit for anything, not cars not houses. (his projection for the US unless the deficit is reigned in)

• Informative 5
  • Cheers 1

Castlevania

CEO of Abrdn is stepping down. He’s been largely awful. Hopefully they’ll get someone half decent in and they might then be worth buying.

• Informative 10
  • Cheers 1

Axeman123
1 hour ago, sancho panza said:

Sales are now down 0.8% year-on-year.Sales at household goods stores were down by 5.4%.

If that is nominal rather than real...it looks like the pips are squeeking about now.

• Agree 5

leonardratso

SuperDividend UCITS ETF

monthly divi, not a great capital increase but i do like my monthly divi

• Agree 1
  • Informative 4
  • Cheers 1

Onsamui
A New Era of Abundance is About to Begin for Non-Western Nations

With the accelerating collapse of the dollar, western economies and governments, it's not all doom and gloom. The imminent end of the US

empire will actually unleash a golden age of prosperity across the world as nations and businesses are able to function without being constantly looted, sanctioned, bombed or threatened by the west.

In today's Brighteon Broadcast News, we reveal how to position yourself for the radical changes now under way, which will see western nations like the US, UK and Canada turned into third-world nations while non-western nations like India, Turkey, Russia and Iran flourish.

The world is changing rapidly, and monumental shifts are under way. 

Stay informed with today's full broadcast here.

• Agree 2
  • Informative 1
  • Cheers 4

Calcutta
2 hours ago, DurhamBorn said:

Tell them thats 3% less than retired public sector and bennies got.4% less than bennies after tax.Financial repression on workers right there.

Best way I could think to explain it was as a 4% pay cut. If they don't pay the bonus either that's pretty much 10% down. 

I don't think it bothers the older ones who got houses for 10k but the younger ones are fucked. Suppose I better get back in there and make sure these two idiots haven't gone off the rez.

• Lol 4

King Penda
3 hours ago, DurhamBorn said:

Imagine the size of the falls from the working in the private sector side of the economy.It must be higher than the average.Retired are mostly seeing huge increases in nominal.Mortgaged private sector are where the pain is.The productive taking the pain alone cannot last,something will give.

I got a splendid errection 

IMG_9121.jpeg

• Informative 3
  • Love / Hugz 1
  • Lol 7

King Penda
2 hours ago, Axeman123 said:

If that is nominal rather than real...it looks like the pips are squeeking about now.

They certainly were this morning when a smug English twat said make sure that Rumanian gives you some petrol money.I said she will and whilst on the subject you can buy me some beer .she was like you told me you’ve got loads I’m like free beer tastes nicer . So the bitch bought me fucking carling ffs 

IMG_9122.jpeg

• Lol 8
  • Vomit 2

ashestoashes
23 minutes ago, King Penda said:

I got a splendid errection 

IMG_9121.jpeg

looks to be keeling over

• Lol 7
  • Cheers 1
  • Cringe 2

ashestoashes
19 minutes ago, King Penda said:

They certainly were this morning when a smug English twat said make sure that Rumanian gives you some petrol money.I said she will and whilst on the subject you can buy me some beer .she was like you told me you’ve got loads I’m like free beer tastes nicer . So the bitch bought me fucking carling ffs 

IMG_9122.jpeg

a dosbodder would only cool enough beer for the next session, where is the second fridge ?

• Informative 1

King Penda
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, ashestoashes said:

a dosbodder would only cool enough beer for the next session, where is the second fridge ?

Incorrect the more shit in the fridge the cheaper it is to run it ps I forgot to add my sniffters

IMG_9123.jpeg

Edited by King Penda
  • Agree 1
  • Love / Hugz 1
  • Lol 4
  • Cheers 3

Pip321
6 hours ago, Castlevania said:

CEO of Abrdn is stepping down. He’s been largely awful. Hopefully they’ll get someone half decent in and they might then be worth buying.

It’s galling but I watched Abdn all the way to 136p but didn’t buy. Despite them being something I wanted to repurchase

I am tempted to buy now but feels so difficult at almost 160p……can someone turn the machines into reverse so I can fill up on Abdn at something like 140p please.

I guess…this is fairly normal. Best not let it turn into FOMO and buying something else instead. 🤦🏻‍♂️

• Lol 2
  • Cheers 2

5 hours ago, leonardratso said:

SuperDividend UCITS ETF

monthly divi, not a great capital increase but i do like my monthly divi

Interesting chart on this one (SDIV).

• Informative 1

leonardratso
41 minutes ago, Errol said:

Interesting chart on this one (SDIV).

tons of holdings, i suppose to grab as many divis spread as poss, i see M&G is just about the only uk one, the rest is all over the place, biggest slants to china, although even they are only a few % of total.

• Agree 1

Noallegiance
1 hour ago, Errol said:

Saudis getting out of US stocks:

And yet the S&P is 500pts higher than Dec 2023.

• Agree 4