DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 9)

spunko

12 minutes ago, Lightscribe said:

Alternative for a better understanding for Dodbods

I thought Greggs created fat chicks 

• Agree 1
  • Lol 3

Lightscribe
8 minutes ago, Loki said:

I thought Greggs created fat chicks 

A result of money printing stimulus transferring index linked stimulus to the benefit classes which is why Greggs stock is this…

IMG_6758.thumb.jpeg.c890606b0922d0e841ce4497dae3ae2c.jpeg

+10 points for Loki, top of the class :D

In the Victorian times they would be on gruel I tell you gruel… :Old:

• Agree 4
  • Cheers 4

Shamone
4 minutes ago, Loki said:

A fucking bakery trading at multiples of K+S AG

Divi today though?

• Lol 2

Ash4781b
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Lightscribe said:

A result of money printing stimulus transferring index linked stimulus to the benefit classes which is why Greggs stock is this…

IMG_6758.thumb.jpeg.c890606b0922d0e841ce4497dae3ae2c.jpeg

+10 points for Loki, top of the class :D

In the Victorian times they would be on gruel I tell you gruel… :Old:

I went there the other day and the big lass in front had a Greggs card thing and it gave her £2 reward at the till so she bought an extra donut. She was buying two so bought three.

Edited by Ash4781b
  • Lol 2
  • Vomit 3

Noallegiance
1 hour ago, Long time lurking said:

What is it now $2.4 trillion ?

For prospective if you spent £1 million everyday it would take 2470 years to spend £1 trillion 

2740 years.

It's fucking mental.

StrugglingMillennial

I'm pretty sure it's over £3 trillion now, well if you Google UK debt clock 👍🏻

• Cheers 1

Noallegiance

Taking Bretton Woods as a starting point, that's equivalent of UK Gov borrowing and spending over £85.5m quid every day for 80 straight years.

#winning

• Informative 3
  • Vomit 1

desertorchid
21 minutes ago, Noallegiance said:

Taking Bretton Woods as a starting point, that's equivalent of UK Gov borrowing and spending over £85.5m quid every day for 80 straight years.

#winning

Over and above what they collect in ALL taxes. It is quite insane when you think about it.

THAT is inflation. 

• Agree 7

wherebee
9 hours ago, Hardhat said:

Turkcell (ADR) has been thundering away the past couple of months.

I'm letting it run for now but big paper profits.

The reason why is confirmation of the thread thesis on telecoms - Turkey has a massive inflation rate, and Turkcell have been repricing their tariffs slightly above inflation.

As long as a telecoms company has regulatory approval in its home jurisdiction to increase prices above inflation, and they respond to inflation by increasing prices, they should be winners in an inflationary environment.

whereas in Australia, Telstra price has dropped sharply due to messups in terms of coverage and news they are cutting 10,000 staff despite huge problems with the network already.  I think the telecoms = good macro view can be derailed quiet easily with poor management/regulatory interference. (I went into Telstra last year, made 5%, got out, because I heard too many stories about how shit the service was from mates, etc)

• Informative 3

ThoughtCriminal

100k in Nvidia in 1999 is now worth 245 million. Most of this from producing AI chips which, as far as I can tell, aren't actually making anyone much money as of yet.

• Informative 2
  • Bogged 1
  • Cheers 1

Noallegiance
8 hours ago, DurhamBorn said:

Here we go,i have been a lone voice on the fact the asset managers as a group were under valued and its started to flush out the bidders at last.I really dont want to see HL go private though because if they do i will transfer to II .I suspect many others would too.Abrdn is hugely under valued too.I suspect M&G and maybe Legal and General or some other big blue chip will consider a counter bid.This will fire the gun,the industry needs to merge down to unleash value and save themselves all been taken out.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2024/05/22/abu-dhabi-launches-5bn-takeover-bid-for-hargreaves-lansdown/

Totally ignorant question here.

What would change if HL gets bought?

• Agree 5

Alifelessbinary
28 minutes ago, Noallegiance said:

In a basic level the owner.

The wider impacts would be felt throughout the business as they could change a huge range of governance and process. From my research HL has always been run in a prudent way that takes reasonable steps to protect its clients money. I’m prepared to pay slightly higher fees to cover this approach.

The main treat of a takeover is the unknowns. My main concern is that in pursuit of higher profits they take riskier bets behind the scenes increasing my third party risk.

I’m now in the lucky position where the fscs protection doesn’t cover my deposits. An Icelandic bank or Blackrock situation is therefore something I fear. Mo money mo problems. 

The simple solution is to spread capital across managers, however this takes additional work and many brands are linked with a single provider.

• Agree 6
  • Informative 4
  • Cheers 1

Pip321
8 hours ago, Lightscribe said:

Not long now men hold firm, clown world is building to the crescendo… ;)

It’s an important message…..65% of black Americans report of being anxious over climate related issues.

Let that sink in…..carefully worded, maybe not a direct lie but gaslighting extreme. 

Not gun crime, knife crime, crime in general, economic issues, immigration, education, health care……nope 65% are worried about climate related issues. 

They are telling us what they want the issues to be…..they are not asking. It’s all bollocks.

Vote “none of the above”

• Agree 11

1 minute ago, Alifelessbinary said:

In a basic level the owner.

The wider impacts would be felt throughout the business as they could change a huge range of governance and process. From my research HL has always been run in a prudent way that takes reasonable steps to protect its clients money. I’m prepared to pay slightly higher fees to cover this approach.

The main treat of a takeover is the unknowns. My main concern is that in pursuit of higher profits they take riskier bets behind the scenes increasing my third party risk.

I’m now in the lucky position where the fscs protection doesn’t cover my deposits. An Icelandic bank or Blackrock situation is therefore something I fear. Mo money mo problems. 

The simple solution is to spread capital across managers, however this takes additional work and many brands are linked with a single provider.

Your lucky position just got 15% bigger..

MrXxxx

PM calls election yesterday, Utilities down this morning..fears that Labour will get in and re-nationalise utilities?

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1

DurhamBorn
49 minutes ago, Noallegiance said:

On the surface nothing,but i wouldnt trust them.

• Agree 8
  • Informative 2