DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 9)

spunko

ashestoashes
12 minutes ago, Noallegiance said:

And yet the S&P is 500pts higher than Dec 2023.

PPT

Noallegiance

BBC reckons 90 MPs are standing down at this election.

Anyone know just how unusual this is?

Seems like a lot.

• Agree 4

Noallegiance

Any views on the slight upward move over the last weeks/months in the Reverse Repo?

Screenshot_20240524-210412_DuckDuckGo.jpg

• Agree 1
  • Informative 3

M S E Refugee
27 minutes ago, SpectrumFX said:

Is there really anybody who hasn't got three days worth of odds and ends in their cupboards?

Millions of fat lazy cunts haven't, they prefer to use just in time inventory management.

1a72662c-a59e-11e6-8898-79a99e2a4de6.jpg.710cda4e68037f5b927259c6eeb7859f.jpg

• Agree 7
  • Lol 2

montecristo
11 minutes ago, M S E Refugee said:

Millions of fat lazy cunts haven't, they prefer to use just in time inventory management.

1a72662c-a59e-11e6-8898-79a99e2a4de6.jpg.710cda4e68037f5b927259c6eeb7859f.jpg

Do they deliver potassium iodine?

• Lol 1

roundhouse
On 23/05/2024 at 10:04, sancho panza said:

I was reading about the HL take over and then saw the follwoing name-Alison Platt.Name rang a bell.

Tis she...........CEO of Countrywide 2014-18.

We were renting via Countrywide agent at the time she took over the reins,she came in,their fees went through the roof,they overpaid to take over small EAs and pretty much ran them into a wall. the bracnh we rented through had gone from a book of 200 rentals before here to about 20 after.ALl the LL's left them.They were shocking.

The c*nts even tried,presumably under her direction( because she needed mroe fees to cover the losses) to raise our retn without the permission of our LL.Our LL went mental,ditched them.

Now she's at the top of Hargreaves.wtf....

How do people get rewarded with ncie little non exec roles for such abysmal performance? @Harley you've swum in these waters iirc

https://www.hl.co.uk/about-us/board-of-directors

CEO Countrywide 2014-2018

image.png.3a786d0983bd1c36e425aca5b3473594.png

image.png.b9071b6ec5fb52781af3e4e3fb92138c.png

https://www.estateagenttoday.co.uk/features/2020/1/countrywide-two-years-after-platt-time-for-the-last-rites

Countrywide, two years after Platt - time for the last rites?

No moment was more dramatic than precisely two years ago when Alison Platt was ousted from the role of chief executive on January 24 2018, less than 18 months after being bought in from private care firm BUPA to return an ailing estate agency to good health.

Little did people know that by the time she was shown the door, the company had moved into intensive care - and since then has been almost continuously on life-support.

Platt’s time in office, if people need reminding, was torrid.

Six months after her arrival, the managing director of estate agency and the group commercial director stood down at short notice. Something was clearly up at Countrywide and within weeks many other experienced hands departed - some pushed, others jumping.

In came many executives with little or no agency background to fill jobs with titles of little or no meaning. The ‘Managing Director, Retail’ for example joined from Dixons Carphone and led an ill-fated online experiment; meanwhile a marketing head was bought in from the BBC and a HR chief from BUPA.

Yet the most obvious statistical record of Platt’s failure at the post was Countrywide’s share price. Before her arrival it had hit a phenomenal high of 686.00p; a series of falls meant that by late 2016 the listing was dropped from the FTSE 250 and had fallen below 170.00p. As Platt walked out of Countrywide for the final time, it hovered around 100.00p.

But here’s the thing - and I imagine you’re ahead of me now: is Countrywide actually any better without Platt than it was with?

Let’s get the share price embarrassment out of the way first. Before a consolidation process just before New Year, which had the aim of disguising Countrywide’s performance, the share price was little more than 5p on some days.

image.png.55e92ee410977aced888a66069e2822b.png

Didn't know that about Countrywide 2014-18... so thank you. I nearly bought a house via one of their agents but was shafted big time and refused to play/grovel, that magical something you need to feel in your gut when buying had just been killed stone dead by him. 

At the time there seemed a culture of shafting cash buyers once survey was done. Talked to two acquaintances who'd had the same, one had tried 14 times before a sale "was allowed" to proceed. The other was a farmer's lad who gave up after three attempts and instead renovated a barn on family land. Can't say all the agents were Countrywide ones, but mine certainly was. Put in a complaint to HO, but did they care, no. 

Def regret not getting the house though! 

• Informative 3

7 minutes ago, Calcutta said:

There's countryside not far from here

Here be hissy things

Turn back traveller 

• Informative 1
  • Lol 2

ashestoashes
9 minutes ago, Calcutta said:

If it comes down to it, once all the shops have been looted, I shall just start eating the neighbours. Unless the muzzers have worked out a halal alternative. 

I remember having the discussion with my ex about who we should eat first when COVID looked like it might be a real thing.

She suggested the fat family across the road, I figured they'd be all gristle and was more tempted by the lean, well seasoned Asian family a few doors down.

Since then I've had somewhat of an emotional journey tho, first of all I think Islam might actually be the best way for goyim civilisation to survive going forward - meaning eating a human is probably a bit naughty but acceptable under circumstances. Mainly tho I'm reconsidering my options as human meat is supposed to be very similar to pork, so toxins stored in the fat (lard smells of piss when you burn it) and running the gauntlet of getting worms.

I don't know if it's just me getting old and soft but the thought of having to butcher people for food just doesn't appeal like it used to.

Water I'm still on the same plan, get it out the river and boil it, I can handle that. But once the shops and factories have been looted and the weak hunted and exterminated wtf am I supposed to eat?

There's countryside not far from here, can I just boil a hedge and eat the green mush? There's a hedgehog in my garden but I'm quite fond of him and let's face it, he'd make a light breakfast once I'd finished pulling all his needles out.

do you really need 2 arms and legs ? eat yourself before someone else does

• Lol 3

roundhouse
13 hours ago, sancho panza said:

I was chatting with my mate who drives with the agencies last night and he was of the firm opinion that the street economy in the UK is in much worse shape than the GDP figures would have it.

Launceston (Cornwall) seems mixed fortunes. Walking through town a week ago, saw a saddler shop had opened (an ancestor was a saddler, so good I thought). And then a new album/record shop, yay! But... two large historic pubs have closed leaving only four small pubs in the town centre. One large one was in a residential area - now dry. I heard their lease was up, the rent tripled so they walked. The other pub is in the town square, that landlord moved elsewhere (don't know why). Next to the pub the deli is closing - they've been there several years taking over the site from local butchers who wised up and moved to the edge of an industrial estate, also by the A30 junction. They've expanded twice since their move. 

I did also chuckle seeing Launceston now also has a Thai masseuse place!

• Lol 1
  • Cheers 1

roundhouse
1 hour ago, SpectrumFX said:

Is there really anybody who hasn't got three days worth of odds and ends in their cupboards?

Lodgers. 

Denied space.

sancho panza
12 hours ago, Axeman123 said:

If that is nominal rather than real...it looks like the pips are squeeking about now.

retial sales stats are nominrla

image.png.693f08ed0bb06c2f7ff05868f686da82.png

image.png.465151194924ff33497a42423f532a83.png

3 hours ago, Noallegiance said:

BBC reckons 90 MPs are standing down at this election.

Anyone know just how unusual this is?

Seems like a lot.

Its a record since 97 when WEF wannabee got in

https://theconversation.com/why-the-conservative-mps-standing-down-at-this-election-are-a-huge-electoral-threat-to-rishi-sunak-230381

At the last count, 118 MPs have announced they will not contest July’s general election. The vast majority – more than 75 – are Conservatives (or former Conservatives who have been suspended from the party).

Of course some MPs step down at every election. Some decide to pursue other interests, some just want to step away from the national political scene. However, we do tend to see spikes in the numbers of MP stepping down ahead of general elections where a subsequent change of government is likely, particularly from the incumbent party. For example, in 1997 the highest proportion of MPs standing down were Conservative, whereas in 2010, Labour MPs represented the highest proportion of those quitting.

• Agree 1
  • Informative 8

Bien Pensant
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Errol said:

Saudis getting out of US stocks:

The basis of the deal between the Saudis and the Americans is that the US will protect HoS and, in return, the Saudis will buy US treasuries, thereby effectively ensuring the US a line of credit.

In the past, Saudi has used the threat of treasury sales to show their discontent at US policy - such as when they threatened to sell $750 bn if Congress passed a bill allowing them to be sued over 9/11.

Of course, we're talking about stocks not treasuries here but presumably this is as much a political decision as an economic one.

P.S. Saudi has also traditionally used oil prices against Iran - pumping more and depressing the price to hurt them.

Edited by Bien Pensant
  • Informative 5

ThoughtCriminal

MBS to visit Tehran. Unthinkable only a year ago.

The "fuck you" count just keeps building for the US.

• Agree 4
  • Informative 4

Calcutta
12 hours ago, Loki said:

Here be hissy things

Turn back traveller 

It's that weird buzzing sound that really gets me. Once the traffic and noise pollution of industry is gone there's nothing but insects and the voices. It's like being in an MRI.

• Lol 3

Joncrete Cungle
4 hours ago, BadAlchemy said:

Everyone should have 3 days worth of food stored by, of course, but the message being received is that our government cannot guarantee us a supply of food, just as they cannot guarantee us a supply of affordable energy. Therefore, I already have a big log pile in the garden and lots of food stored by in the house. 

Also my water supplier is now about to fit a compulsory meter because I am in a 'water stressed' area (er yeah, that's because they're ramming the new arrivals in where there is not enough infrastructure for them) so I will soon want to add harvesting rainwater to my preppy plans.

The thing is it takes quite a bit of work to manage all of that. I've recently slipped up and created conditions for a rodent problem in amongst the log pile and nearby compost heap. From there, they've found their way into the garage.  I've just now checked the security of the food stash (in the house), made sure there is no easy access from outside to it and checked  no expired or spilled items that might attract the vermin, then I'm spending the day sorting out the issues in the log pile and garden and learning what I've done wrong.

Long winded point I'm trying to make is that if the masses start doing dosboddy things like this then expect vermin issues to rise. Most of us have lost these skills and, even so, with the best will in the world we all make mistakes. It's kind of a basic job of government/politicians.. you know, to run an organized society with working supply chains, infrastructure etc.. and if they can't do that then they have completely failed and will at some point likely find themselves attached to a lamp post with a length rope. And we will have to do that for them as well.

Buy some traps and learn how to set them correctly and how to use them. Fenn traps are still fairly cheap. I have a few permanently set in the garden, picks off the odd rat passing through before they set up shop and start breeding.

• Agree 3
  • Informative 4