DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

What's going to collapse next...

TheCountOfNowhere

• 2 weeks later...
King Penda

I can’t see how things like card shops survive the European mini marts will be ok has they are cleaning bent cash and shifting Counterfeit smokes .

• Agree 1

HousePriceMania
13 hours ago, sancho panza said:

I think John Lewis are screwed ,not least because their bossses ahev near zero retail experience.

Struggling retailer hires ex head of Ofcom and former civil servant to sort out it's retail woes...what could go worng?

https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/john-lewis-boss-faces-showdown-134021568.html

image.thumb.png.fc5a79f35c42ef4a482d5f181be31426.png

image.png.edc25024f6ef20893b68cd861c885350.png

image.png.947b7af2174e5ddc6125b14bbdcc329b.png

She's trying to move the company from the distressed retail market to lending and Build To Rent.

I sincerely hope they collapse, they are now the flagship for all that is wrong with the UK 

• Agree 10
  • Cheers 1

sancho panza
On 08/05/2023 at 14:44, HousePriceMania said:

She's trying to move the company from the distressed retail market to lending and Build To Rent.

I sincerely hope they collapse, they are now the flagship for all that is wrong with the UK 

In the land of the blind the one eyed man etc

https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/john-lewis-staff-vote-ending-171752962.html

image.png.3770d354ffe7ca123780c991d2224baf.png

• Informative 3

HousePriceMania
21 minutes ago, sancho panza said:

There words that explains why JL is fucked and why they are getting into debt pushing and rentier slavery...

TOP CIVIL SERVANT.

A top civil servant is a bit like a  Vauxhall conference goal Keeper 

• Agree 5

Yesterday Local Wilkos totally dead. Seemed to be Running a 10% voucher for next visit if spend £5 in a visit. Low stock too on the shelves. Only 1 of 5 items in stock. A shame as I was looking for yeast to do a homebrew beer batch.

• Agree 1
  • Informative 3

jamtomorrow
43 minutes ago, Ash4781b said:

Yesterday Local Wilkos totally dead. Seemed to be Running a 10% voucher for next visit if spend £5 in a visit. Low stock too on the shelves. Only 1 of 5 items in stock. A shame as I was looking for yeast to do a homebrew beer batch.

Matter of time for Wilkos now - I used to go in for DIY and household  bits because it was cheap, they had a good range of stuff, and they had it on the shelf more often than not.

Complete reversal on that last point of late, to the extent I won't be going back - the latest fruitless trip into town was the last straw.

• Informative 2

4 hours ago, jamtomorrow said:

Matter of time for Wilkos now - I used to go in for DIY and household  bits because it was cheap, they had a good range of stuff, and they had it on the shelf more often than not.

Complete reversal on that last point of late, to the extent I won't be going back - the latest fruitless trip into town was the last straw.

I went to another different one today. Same story.

• Informative 2

On 09/05/2023 at 23:56, HousePriceMania said:

There words that explains why JL is fucked and why they are getting into debt pushing and rentier slavery...

TOP CIVIL SERVANT.

A top civil servant is a bit like a  Vauxhall conference goal Keeper 

She's also on the board of barratt homes. Looks like she's been put in place of JL to asset strip it to barratt, turn all those huge stores into tens of thousands of flats while keeping a tiny partitioned bottom floor as JL "express".

• Agree 2
  • Informative 1
  • Bogged 2
  • Lol 1

15 hours ago, MMax said:

Could it not simply be she is a political/diversity hire, and she lacks the experience and is out of her depth?

she's been a diversity hire all the way through her career, as far as I can see.

• Agree 4
  • Informative 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, desertorchid said:

Seems irrefutable that a company collapsing that supplies the most important of all basic needs to 1 in 4 of the population  is a serious sign of a countries ill health.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2023/jun/28/contingency-plans-reportedly-being-drawn-up-for-thames-water-collapse

Nope - it's a sign of the Government not regulating things properly so the owners borrowed money (to take profits early) and can no longer repay the money old.

The bondholders need to be told sorry but it's your problem..

• Agree 2
  • Informative 1

desertorchid
3 minutes ago, eek said:

Nope - it's a sign of the Government not regulating things properly so the owners borrowed money (to take profits early) and can no longer repay the money old.

The bondholders need to be told sorry but it's your problem..

They probably will take a haircut. 

Thames Water Bond price Unsecured May 2026:

image.thumb.png.42a4b81595ca9982756f8ad8a673cb50.png

• Love / Hugz 1
  • Lol 2

HousePriceMania
1 hour ago, desertorchid said:

Seems irrefutable that a company collapsing that supplies the most important of all basic needs to 1 in 4 of the population  is a serious sign of a countries ill health.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2023/jun/28/contingency-plans-reportedly-being-drawn-up-for-thames-water-collapse

Borrow money, hand it to yourself, go bust...

Private equity involved per chance ?

Chewing Grass
3 minutes ago, HousePriceMania said:

I expect this will be the tip of the iceberg and more will follow.

• Agree 2

desertorchid
5 minutes ago, HousePriceMania said:

Owners looking for a government bailout (Tax Payers money):

Thames Water is owned by Canadian & British pension funds, Abu Dhabi & Chinese sovereign wealth and Australian investors.

You really couldn't make it up

• Lol 2
  • Cheers 2