DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 2)

spunko

2 minutes ago, leonardratso said:

31 birrion dorrar

luv yu long time misser, 10 dorrar....

@loki what's that weird site with weird prices? some other geezer posted that...and I saw something about a 'tokenized stock' and thought WTF!

• Replies 34.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bus Stop Boxer
25 minutes ago, sleepwello'nights said:

It also says that VAT is charged on the margin scheme. In which case it should be on the dealer margin. We'll see when my order arrives how much I'm being charged. If I'd bought from Baird I would still have had VAT to pay. So no real difference to the total cost whoever ordered from.

Yeah but did you "shake the market" billy big bollox?

You probably paid more from Coin invest though, in the belief that you would not pay VAT, and now HMRC are going to slap 20% vat on it at your front door.

9 minutes ago, Loki said:

1612132916797.png

Pffft...

horee cwap

29 birrion dorrar

pah, 6% or so, rubbish, will probably be battered back to $27 few hours.

sleepwello'nights
15 minutes ago, Bus Stop Boxer said:

Yeah but did you "shake the market" billy big bollox?

You probably paid more from Coin invest though, in the belief that you would not pay VAT, and now HMRC are going to slap 20% vat on it at your front door.

Pffft...

Whatever the on costs are they won't come near the delivery charge.

The coin I bought will show those market manipulators. :D

7 minutes ago, Harley said:

Just imagine if you'd used that axis on GME.  It'll reach the moon!

Indeed. If we zoom out, the chart is eerily similar to the months prior to the March falls...

953C45DB-9B8C-40AC-8AD8-70E07A92425B.jpeg

Yadda yadda yadda
7 minutes ago, Harley said:

Just imagine if you'd used that axis on GME.  It'll reach the moon!

It won't just reach the moon, it will come back again. It will almost be as impressive as those Elon Musk rockets that land on returning to earth.

Yadda yadda yadda
2 minutes ago, AWW said:

Indeed. If we zoom out, the chart is eerily similar to the months prior to the March falls...

953C45DB-9B8C-40AC-8AD8-70E07A92425B.jpeg

Be nice to see it kick on a little bit further.

In which market are they trading now? I know it is global but last time I looked at anything at this time on a Sunday it was trading in New Zealand.

Bricks & Mortar
1 hour ago, wherebee said:

naw, seriously, I used to know a customs guy in australia and seizure of money and gold for non declaration was one of the easiest wins for them.  There is some limit above which if you don't declare, they can take it immediately and you've got a hell of a fight to get it back.  Same in UK and USA.

I've spent a quick half hour.  Straya has a $10,000 limit on gold or you have to declare above that.  Britain does not appear to have a limit on gold/silver if you carry it in yourself, (but import VAT if you bring it in from Dubai as the example on UK Gov page, and presumably anywhere else.  But maybe not Ireland... see following.
The common travel area appears to allow a british citizen to take as much booze to ireland as they like, provided it was duty and VAT paid in Britain.  Glenmorangie is 50 euro a bottle in Tesco over there.  Famous grouse 27 euro.  I wouldn't be a bootlegger, but if I find a nice bullion dealer, might gift them a nice malt.  For the moment, I'm assuming that's a benefit of the common travel area, (which says "allowed to travel freely"), and would work just the same with bullion going the other way.
So, initial investigation, and I'm thinking I can maybe do this.  If I find any different, I'll post again.

Talking Monkey
2 minutes ago, Bricks & Mortar said:

So, silver's doing that... and you're wanna do that, and... oh boy.

It would be something crazy if the wsb crowd got another stimulus cheque in the next few weeks

Yadda yadda yadda
3 minutes ago, Bricks & Mortar said:

If those paintings could talk what would they say?

"How much?! Fuck sake, I'm going back to my grave to turn over and over and over again."

Bricks & Mortar
1 minute ago, Yadda yadda yadda said:

If those paintings could talk what would they say?

"How much?! Fuck sake, I'm going back to my grave to turn over and over and over again."

"Put a turbine in my grave and I'll give you green revolutions"

Yadda yadda yadda
1 minute ago, Talking Monkey said:

It would be something crazy if the wsb crowd got another stimulus cheque in the next few weeks

Most of the newbies will be nursing their losses by then.

3 minutes ago, Cattle Prod said:

It's only about 20% shorted so it wont be squeezed like Gamestop. But it has much better fundamentals obviously.

I need a bot army to hype HOC for me on Reddit 

5 hours ago, Bricks & Mortar said:

She is right.The cycle dictates the need for massive reflationary sending.There is no other answer,its too late.It was always going to be so at the end of the great disinflation.Only question is how much financial dislocation along the way.This needs fiscal answers,looks like Biden is happy to go along with that.See what we do in the budget.

7 hours ago, Bricks & Mortar said:

I've spent a quick half hour.  Straya has a $10,000 limit on gold or you have to declare above that.  Britain does not appear to have a limit on gold/silver if you carry it in yourself, (but import VAT if you bring it in from Dubai as the example on UK Gov page, and presumably anywhere else.  But maybe not Ireland... see following.
The common travel area appears to allow a british citizen to take as much booze to ireland as they like, provided it was duty and VAT paid in Britain.  Glenmorangie is 50 euro a bottle in Tesco over there.  Famous grouse 27 euro.  I wouldn't be a bootlegger, but if I find a nice bullion dealer, might gift them a nice malt.  For the moment, I'm assuming that's a benefit of the common travel area, (which says "allowed to travel freely"), and would work just the same with bullion going the other way.
So, initial investigation, and I'm thinking I can maybe do this.  If I find any different, I'll post again.

Glenmorangie? Whisky for an Irish bullion dealer? That’s like poking him in the eye.

I think you’ll get further with a nice bottle of Redbreast whiskey. Actually speaking as a person of Irish lineage on my mother’s side, who cares? A bottle of this will suffice.

https://www.masterofmalt.com/whiskies/feckin-drinks-company/feckin-irish-whiskey/

11 hours ago, DurhamBorn said:

Silver is the inflation hedge daddy.Like this thread has always said it is likely to be the cycles best performing asset.The main takeaway from whats going on is that young people are being woken up to the fact silver protects them from printing theft.That is huge,and im very pleased about that.Maybe they put pressure on the shorts by actually buying the physical silver slowly and surely.I must admit,if they did squeeze a big run early it would be quite a moment seeing my son pay his mortgage off before 23 years old,his grandchildren would have a photo of me in their wallets xD

Does your son have an early repayment penalty on his mortgage?

He might be able to repay it and the mortgage in a few months ...

Reddit traders switch sights to silver after equities attack

ETF attracts almost $1bn of inflows after call to arms on discussion board

https://www.ft.com/content/d46e8623-09af-4a1f-b7e5-207616388b0f

If you thought inflation was bad in the late 70s.

Just imagine how bad inflation with mass trades coordinated on the internet is going to be.

5a74cdf0-63ef-11eb-a71d-07f3f5945789-sta

Analysts said it would be more difficult for retail investors to influence the silver price as opposed to that of a single equity, given the large off-exchange market for the precious metal, where banks trade on behalf of clients.

“We are confident that the influence of retail investors on silver will not last all that long,” analysts at Commerzbank said.

Balls.

This isnt a handful of idiots hanging around trading floors, gossiping.

Youve go the entire online world on reddit.

The vast number of retail punters makes up for their individual lack of leverage/cash.

3 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Analysts said it would be more difficult for retail investors to influence the silver price as opposed to that of a single equity, given the large off-exchange market for the precious metal, where banks trade on behalf of clients.

“We are confident that the influence of retail investors on silver will not last all that long,” analysts at Commerzbank said.

Balls.

This isnt a handful of idiots hanging around trading floors, gossiping.

Youve go the entire online world on reddit.

The vast number of retail punters makes up for their individual lack of leverage/cash.

What they don't have is the attention span and/or patience of the institutional players. Redditors need to look like "winning" this one soon (like: this week), otherwise the they'll lose interest and move onto the next mania.

Archived