DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Property crash, just maybe it really is different this time

haroldshand

Bobthebuilder
1 minute ago, One percent said:

I think people outside of the conurbations thought they were safe. They could virtue signal from afar. I think they are going to be incredibly surprised.   

And I think its been planned that way, the blood pressure rises in the shires when this is pointed out to them.

• Agree 3
  • Cheers 1

One percent
2 minutes ago, Bobthebuilder said:

And I think its been planned that way, the blood pressure rises in the shires when this is pointed out to them.

But it’s those very people who tend to see immigration as a ‘good thing’.  

Lightscribe
45 minutes ago, Wight Flight said:

Yes, but don't forget we are starting from a lower base. Surrey could drop 30% and we could go up 30% and the boomers could still move here to a comparable house. They just won't get the cash bonus anymore.

Boomers don’t move or downsize, there lies the rub. They just rattle around in big houses and complain.

They will be forced to once Labour get in through property <insert here> levies/carbon tax/energy tax. 

The top of the tree needs to be shaken because that’s where all the assets lie, and shaken it will be.

• Agree 3

Bobthebuilder
2 minutes ago, One percent said:

But it’s those very people who tend to see immigration as a ‘good thing’.  

Indeed, they have done a good job for the government, they cant complain now, and you wonder why there are so many black faces on the bbc? now you know.

• Agree 2

Wight Flight
9 minutes ago, Lightscribe said:

Boomers don’t move or downsize, there lies the rub. They just rattle around in big houses and complain.

They will be forced to once Labour get in through property <insert here> levies/carbon tax/energy tax. 

The top of the tree needs to be shaken because that’s where all the assets lie, and shaken it will be.

Some must do. Most of our new arrivals are the recently retired, an extraordinary number from the home counties.

There is a very popular facebook group for newbies where they all announce their arrival and then moan about the ferry prices.

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1
  • Lol 2

One percent
22 minutes ago, Wight Flight said:

Some must do. Most of our new arrivals are the recently retired, an extraordinary number from the home counties.

There is a very popular facebook group for newbies where they all announce their arrival and then moan about the ferry prices.

White flight, as you already know. They will quickly run out of places to flee to if government insists on giving out 1.2 million visa a year.  

• Agree 7

31 minutes ago, Wight Flight said:

Red Funnel banned me from those ferries 20 years ago, have never tried since. I can't imagine they'd remember me but I also can't imagine any reason why I'd bother. 

Wight Flight
21 minutes ago, Calcutta said:

Red Funnel banned me from those ferries 20 years ago, have never tried since. I can't imagine they'd remember me but I also can't imagine any reason why I'd bother. 

You can't leave it there. What did you do?

• Agree 2

Wight Flight
33 minutes ago, One percent said:

White flight, as you already know. They will quickly run out of places to flee to if government insists on giving out 1.2 million visa a year.  

The problem is one of the reasons i moved here was to get away from Surrey types.

Fucked up there.

• Lol 1

One percent
4 minutes ago, Wight Flight said:

The problem is one of the reasons i moved here was to get away from Surrey types.

Fucked up there.

You have just described my repeater station mate, who you will be pleased to know, I’ve eventually managed to shake.  Got a bit fed up with the, oh no, in a nasally twang to everything I said.  xD

23 minutes ago, Wight Flight said:

You can't leave it there. What did you do?

Nothing really, from what I remember there was some unpleasantness in the terminal, no serious charges or injuries but apparently Red Funnel think they're special and banned me from their property.

Pricks.

• Lol 1

2 hours ago, Lightscribe said:

Bollox, you're just repeating what you've heard. Boomers do this, boomers do that, Boomers are all the same and all do the same things. Try thinking for yourself instead of regurgitating crap.

We're over run with boomers moving up to the north. They're very happy to buy anything as long as they can move up here.

They don't moan either, they are too busy planning their next social occasion.

I must admit I'm a bit intrigued as to who has bought the houses they have sold.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Lightscribe said:

Boomers have all the paid off assets and houses. 54% of the country doesn’t pay tax. PAYE workers keep the machine oiled and running, keeping the boomers pensions being paid out each month.

The average pension pot is £100k. The boomers are sucking the last of it dry.

https://12ft.io/proxy?q=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ft.com%2Fcontent%2Fffbf82c0-73e8-4cd3-9b42-5f026bccf2e3

Those same highly leveraged younger generation are now struggling. (700k missed their mortgage/rent payments last month) If the base of the pyramid collapses so does the top.

There will be a house price crash rippling out from London and South outwards. Yes cheaper areas up north will have the cash rich buying in their swathes. But the south is hopelessly over leveraged and will suffer the biggest correction in line to earning multiples.

The entities hoovering up will be the big banks and pension funds.

Yes, for example a 30% drop in average prices at the national level does not necessarily mean that drop would be evenly spread across the country. It could easily mean a 20% drop in the North and Midlands of England and a 50% drop in the South.

1 hour ago, Calcutta said:

Nothing really, from what I remember there was some unpleasantness in the terminal, no serious charges or injuries but apparently Red Funnel think they're special and banned me from their property.

Pricks.

7nd106.jpg

Edited by Axeman123
  • Lol 3

Democorruptcy
1 hour ago, Calcutta said:

Pricks.

:Old: Is that a euphemism for you and mate exposed yourselves?

• Agree 1

34 minutes ago, Democorruptcy said:

:Old: Is that a euphemism for you and mate exposed yourselves?

In hindsight it seems like there was a pattern, if it was one of our birthdays we'd drink all day, find nothing interesting to do, start sniffing coke and then find somewhere to fight each other. My 21st just happened to be the day we failed to get to the Pile of Shite.

There are two valid reasons to visit Southampton, one is to board a cruise, the other is to get your cunt punched in by a load of streetrats from Townhill Park.

• Agree 1
  • Lol 1

15 hours ago, Bobthebuilder said:

Yesterday I got a train from Belfast out to what I thought was quite a remote quiet unheard of coastal village.

The first stop after I got on an Indian family of seven got on and sat at my table and the table beside me - they were so noisy shrieking in their native tongue I had to move to a different carriage.

About 40 mins later I get off at my destination….and so did they. Seems it wasn’t as unheard of as I thought.

• Agree 1
  • Lol 1

Bobthebuilder
14 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

Yesterday I got a train from Belfast out to what I thought was quite a remote quiet unheard of coastal village.

The first stop after I got on an Indian family of seven got on and sat at my table and the table beside me - they were so noisy shrieking in their native tongue I had to move to a different carriage.

About 40 mins later I get off at my destination….and so did they. Seems it wasn’t as unheard of as I thought.

I find it quite depressing when I visit areas that used to be unknown, its not even about colour of skin, there's just too many people these days fighting for the same space.

• Agree 9

44 minutes ago, Bobthebuilder said:

I find it quite depressing when I visit areas that used to be unknown, its not even about colour of skin, there's just too many people these days fighting for the same space.

We should have a thread for dosbods approved unknown scenic places. 

Parts of Pembrokeshire are still fairly unknown,  particularly if you have to walk to them. Barafundle Bay is one example: 

Barafundle-Bay-Beach-cliff-view-from-archway-cover-shot.jpg

Never seen it busier than in the photo even in August.

• Informative 3
  • Love / Hugz 3
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, spunko said:

We should have a thread for dosbods approved unknown scenic places. 

Parts of Pembrokeshire are still fairly unknown,  particularly if you have to walk to them. Barafundle Bay is one example: 

Barafundle-Bay-Beach-cliff-view-from-archway-cover-shot.jpg

Never seen it busier than in the photo even in August.

Rhossili Bay is by far the most scenic beach we've ever seen. No picture can do it justice.

We now go to Freshwater East every summer and the beaches in the area are also decent, although they tend to get a bit too crowded for our liking - Barafundle in particular. The tide in Freshwater West is tons of fun, though.

Beautiful place, South Wales.

That being said, Norfolk is no slouch either. I'm writing this from a great, near-empty beach just outside Winterton, and it just goes for miles.

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1

56 minutes ago, kibuc said:

Rhossili Bay is by far the most scenic beach we've ever seen. No picture can do it justice.

We now go to Freshwater East every summer and the beaches in the area are also decent, although they tend to get a bit too crowded for our liking - Barafundle in particular. The tide in Freshwater West is tons of fun, though.

Beautiful place, South Wales.

That being said, Norfolk is no slouch either. I'm writing this from a great, near-empty beach just outside Winterton, and it just goes for miles.

I've not been to Barafundle since covid , a shame to hear that it's busy now. 😕 

belfastchild
3 hours ago, JoeDavola said:

Wasn't Portstewart by any chance?

30 minutes ago, belfastchild said:

Wasn't Portstewart by any chance?

Fucking Whitehead. Why the fuck are there crowds of Indians going to whitehead.