DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Property crash, just maybe it really is different this time

haroldshand

1 hour ago, AWW said:

it was an example, and I'm not sure why it's a ridiculous one. There are plenty more examples, but your mind is obviously made up. Some bits of London have integration issues. Most places don't. My neighbour is first generation Gambian. He drives a London bus for a living. He shuns the benefits he could easily claim. Loves his new country. Third world? Yeah. Turning the place into a shithole? No.

My original point, that people who don't live in a London are so keen to tell everyone how bad it is, still stands. I don't go around telling everyone that e.g. Bradford is a shithole.

Saying someone who attends a festival in another country is now as much from that country as anyone else is completely retarded. I've been to Oktoberfest, so now I'm German apparently.

I'm from London and spend a lot of time there as my work is there and a lot of my family still live there, so I see what it's like first hand. Used to walk around Finsbury Park at lunchtime and after work and seen ethnics getting up to a lot of shit. 

But if you know some dude from Gambia who is a bus driver then I guess none of that must be happening.

• Agree 4
  • Lol 2

Wight Flight
1 minute ago, Bobthebuilder said:

I find Dorset to be changing rapidly, much more so than London, I am turning into a grumpy old man, the world has turned and left me here.

I really don't like leaving the Island anymore. It is like looking in to the future that will eventually happen here.

• Agree 2

Bobthebuilder
3 minutes ago, Wight Flight said:

I really don't like leaving the Island anymore. It is like looking in to the future that will eventually happen here.

I hear you.

I never thought it would start to happen in the rural areas where I grew up, but it is. The farms are now being bought up by Arabs, the days of Jack Hargreaves are, alas a fading memory.

• Agree 4
  • Informative 2
  • Bogged 1
  • Vomit 2

Wight Flight

I hear you.

I never thought it would start to happen in the rural areas where I grew up, but it is. The farms are now being bought up by Arabs, the days of Jack Hargreaves are, alas a fading memory.

And to drag this back on topic, very sadly i think this is why house prices will continue to rise here.

Chance of a drop, let alone a crash, is zero.

• Agree 2

King Penda
5 minutes ago, Wight Flight said:

The left and the Marxists in particular won’t be happy until the whole country is communicating with each other in a form of has yet undecided argot . They would probably favour nadsat but I’d put my money on pigeon english 

• Agree 1
  • Lol 1

King Penda
13 minutes ago, xyz said:

Saying someone who attends a festival in another country is now as much from that country as anyone else is completely retarded. I've been to Oktoberfest, so now I'm German apparently.

I'm from London and spend a lot of time there as my work is there and a lot of my family still live there, so I see what it's like first hand. Used to walk around Finsbury Park at lunchtime and after work and seen ethnics getting up to a lot of shit. 

But if you know some dude from Gambia who is a bus driver then I guess none of that must be happening.

It’s not individuals that’s the problem it’s the collective millions of these individuals that alters the fabric of society. Do you want to work with people that spend 50% of their time at work talking Urdu or Philippino or french to each other . ?

• Agree 8

Lightscribe
8 minutes ago, Wight Flight said:

And to drag this back on topic, very sadly i think this is why house prices will continue to rise here.

Boomers have all the paid off assets and houses. 54% of the country doesn’t pay tax. PAYE workers keep the machine oiled and running, keeping the boomers pensions being paid out each month.

The average pension pot is £100k. The boomers are sucking the last of it dry.

https://12ft.io/proxy?q=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ft.com%2Fcontent%2Fffbf82c0-73e8-4cd3-9b42-5f026bccf2e3

Those same highly leveraged younger generation are now struggling. (700k missed their mortgage/rent payments last month) If the base of the pyramid collapses so does the top.

There will be a house price crash rippling out from London and South outwards. Yes cheaper areas up north will have the cash rich buying in their swathes. But the south is hopelessly over leveraged and will suffer the biggest correction in line to earning multiples.

The entities hoovering up will be the big banks and pension funds.

• Agree 6
  • Informative 1

31 minutes ago, xyz said:

It's not the same thing though, is it? Forget the coronation, that was just an excuse. It was a street party. Loads of Londonders all getting pissed together and getting along fine.

Finsbury Park is a massive transport hub and those places have always been hotbeds of petty crime.

26 minutes ago, Wight Flight said:

If everyone who comes here is an uneducated scrounger from a third world shithole, one thing they won't be doing is paying a million quid for a house.

London is currently crashing hard, having largely gone nowhere for years.

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1

Wight Flight
10 minutes ago, Lightscribe said:

Boomers have all the paid off assets and houses. 54% of the country doesn’t pay tax. PAYE workers keep the machine oiled and running, keeping the boomers pensions being paid out each month.

The average pension pot is £100k. The boomers are sucking the last of it dry.

https://12ft.io/proxy?q=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ft.com%2Fcontent%2Fffbf82c0-73e8-4cd3-9b42-5f026bccf2e3

Those same highly leveraged younger generation are now struggling. (700k missed their mortgage/rent payments last month) If the base of the pyramid collapses so does the top.

There will be a house price crash rippling out from London and South outwards. Yes cheaper areas up north will have the cash rich buying in their swathes. But the south is hopelessly over leveraged and will suffer the biggest correction in line to earning multiples.

The entities hoovering up will be the big banks and pension funds.

Yes, but don't forget we are starting from a lower base. Surrey could drop 30% and we could go up 30% and the boomers could still move here to a comparable house. They just won't get the cash bonus anymore.

• Agree 1

Wight Flight
4 minutes ago, AWW said:

If everyone who comes here is an uneducated scrounger from a third world shithole, one thing they won't be doing is paying a million quid for a house.

A LL might do if he can pack a dozen of them in paying £500 a month each.

we didn't really have HMOs here five years ago as most people could afford their own flat.

They seem to be the fastest growing market now.

What is that theory about rocks then pebbles then sand in a jar and it still isn't full?

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, AWW said:

It's not the same thing though, is it? Forget the coronation, that was just an excuse. It was a street party. Loads of Londonders all getting pissed together and getting along fine.

Finsbury Park is a massive transport hub and those places have always been hotbeds of petty crime.

So a tiny part of London has mostly European immigrants getting along, therefore hordes of third worlders that are the majority of immigrants aren't a problem. Not buying it I'm afraid. Where is this small slice of utopia you live in by the way?

It's not just Finsbury Park is it? I've got relatives from Bethnal Green, West Ham, Ilford and various other parts of East London that were all majority white when they were born and are all ethnic shitholes now.  

• Agree 5

One percent
2 minutes ago, xyz said:

So a tiny part of London has mostly European immigrants getting along, therefore hordes of third worlders that are the majority of immigrants aren't a problem. Not buying it I'm afraid. Where is this small slice of utopia you live in by the way?

It's not just Finsbury Park is it? I've got relatives from Bethnal Green, West Ham, Ilford and various other parts of East London that were all majority white when they were born and are all ethnic shitholes now.  

I can attest to that. I lived there and witness it change.  Very quickly. It started with a slow drip, drip but the last ten years i lived there the change was phenomenal. It’s not surprising that people are witnessing it everywhere now as london is completely overrun.  

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, One percent said:

I can attest to that. I lived there and witness it change.  Very quickly. It started with a slow drip, drip but the last ten years i lived there the change was phenomenal. It’s not surprising that people are witnessing it everywhere now as london is completely overrun.  

It's absolutely fucking everywhere now, just the numbers arriving is completely off the scale. People saying "no worries lads, I know a someone from Gambia who drives a bus" are starting to boil my piss.

I don't want to be the only white person living in a third world shithole and I couldn't give a fuck if these cunts start calling me Hitler.

Anyway I'll shut up as it's getting this thread off track. 

Back on topic, 600k+ net population in a year (I would guess it is at least double) must put a floor on house prices, particularly in the cheaper parts of the country. The prices in the SE so look mental though even with all the extra bodies.

• Agree 6

Bobthebuilder
2 minutes ago, xyz said:

Back on topic, 600k+ net population in a year (I would guess it is at least double) must put a floor on house prices, particularly in the cheaper parts of the country. The prices in the SE so look mental though even with all the extra bodies.

They are not all in the SE, far from it.

One percent
3 minutes ago, Bobthebuilder said:

Bollocks is it.

Large parts of it are. I worked in newham, it was mainly white working class. Now, it’s got to be 70 percent ethnic. I know some places aren’t yet but a lot are. 

• Agree 1

Bobthebuilder
Just now, One percent said:

Large parts of it are. I worked in newham, it was mainly white working class. Now, it’s got to be 70 percent ethnic. I know some places aren’t yet but a lot are. 

You might be talking 20 years ago, I am referring to the last few years like 606.000 last year. I can tell you for a fact most of them are not in London.

• Informative 1

Bobthebuilder
3 minutes ago, Phil said:

Lots more here in tamworth. 

And Bournemouth, Leicester, Scotland, Durham etc, etc.

• Agree 1

One percent
Just now, Bobthebuilder said:

You might be talking 20 years ago, I am referring to the last few years like 606.000 last year. I can tell you for a fact most of them are not in London.

I think they are starting to push them out more now, agree.  I’m seeing them here, more each week. They will not be happy when it’s dark at 3.15 and the wind is whipping off the north sea.  xD

King Penda
35 minutes ago, Wight Flight said:

A LL might do if he can pack a dozen of them in paying £500 a month each.

we didn't really have HMOs here five years ago as most people could afford their own flat.

They seem to be the fastest growing market now.

What is that theory about rocks then pebbles then sand in a jar and it still isn't full?

Councils will love hmos and the government will encourage them to love them. Less funding required the more the councils can take for themselves. Congestion charges are the same principle 

Edited by King Penda
  • Agree 1

Bobthebuilder
4 minutes ago, One percent said:

I think they are starting to push them out more now, agree.  I’m seeing them here, more each week. They will not be happy when it’s dark at 3.15 and the wind is whipping off the north sea.  xD

This is the thing I find interesting talking to folk around the country, people are starting to notice, where I don't see much difference in London. As I've said many times, if you thought recent immigration was a London problem, then think again.

No big house price rises here over the last few years.

• Informative 1

One percent

This is the thing I find interesting talking to folk around the country, people are starting to notice, where I don't see much difference in London. As I've said many times, if you thought recent immigration was a London problem, then think again.

No big house price rises here over the last few years.

I think people outside of the conurbations thought they were safe. They could virtue signal from afar. I think they are going to be incredibly surprised.   

• Agree 2