DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 3)

spunko

• Replies 30k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, Plan-b said:

Luckily the tab was still open

image.thumb.png.52206fb3a6e61a0d9d90a00c5c69da4d.png

image.png.d9b43fbebab5c5821846cc42e13459e9.png

Suddenly brought back memories of early 1980 when unemployment was getting to 10%.

Stories of bricklayers having to lay 1000 bricks for £100.00 including labour to mix mortar.

1 minute ago, Bilbo said:

Suddenly brought back memories of early 1980 when unemployment was getting to 10%.

Stories of bricklayers having to lay 1000 bricks for £100.00 including labour to mix mortar.

Though its not as bad as Yosser Hughes' wall in Boys from the Black Stuff from about that time. Something Like "whats the holes for?" Yosser "Ventilation" bloke moans so Yosser sticks the nut on him, Classic. xDA Scary Culture (The Last War in Albion Part 36: Skizz, E.T., and ...

Think I'll search the series out and re-watch it.

27 minutes ago, nirvana said:

ok but it's been making LHs since that high and looks like it's fallen through a support level to me....but I prefer much lower timescales so I'll leave you to it....good luck!!

ok I had a closer look, it failed to retake 218 and someone sold the shit out of it on friday!!! similar to that candle when someone sold the shit out of it in June O.o

Disclaimer: just messing with tradingview for fun.......I was wondering if I could draw a pitchfork but going downwards.....

ArcoLinux_2022-08-22_21-35-53.png

52 minutes ago, Plan-b said:

Luckily the tab was still open

image.thumb.png.52206fb3a6e61a0d9d90a00c5c69da4d.png

image.png.d9b43fbebab5c5821846cc42e13459e9.png

They used a picture of Durham Cathedral on their brochure for that development,its in not quite the same workmanship.Its actually in Hetton-le-hole next to Hetton Bog.Its a good location and just such a shame that its wasted on such utter crap.If you drive just up the road a few yards there is a row of ex council houses called North Road i think,about ten times the house than these and they used to go for £30k.

1 minute ago, nirvana said:

ok I had a closer look, it failed to retake 218 and someone sold the shit out of it on friday!!! similar to that candle when someone sold the shit out of it in June O.o

Disclaimer: just messing with tradingview for fun.......I was wondering if I could draw a pitchfork but going downwards.....

The other side of those sells are the buys,millions by the directors into their Tax haven registered trust fund.

3 minutes ago, DurhamBorn said:

The other side of those sells are the buys,millions by the directors into their Tax haven registered trust fund.

never met a nice South African, and that's not bloody surprising mun

40 minutes ago, nirvana said:

A buy at 194 would be better but I had fomo so content with a few pence higher. Could always ladder, but I'm in now.

Here's your downfork, however I wouldn't be overly trustworthy of anything with this data as the low liquidity opens seem to push random highs/lows. Rough lines are better.

Fingers crossed it's an expansion of a bigger swing. The entire chart should be 1 swing to higher up. Time will tell.

image.thumb.png.df1dfdf7cdfc03b4280996ae89229654.png

reformed nice guy
1 hour ago, Craig said:

Tempted to buy some Turkish Lira. This is insane:

If you bought gold 5 years ago and now turned it into Lira:

image.thumb.png.11062c3be29eea0e790fbb532be4fb07.png

1 hour ago, One percent said:

Christ I can lay bricks better than that.  O.o

I mean, I can count the number of bricks I've laid in my life on my fingers and yet I'm genuinely confident that we could both do a lot better than that. Just puzzling.

How was that bricklayer hired? 

How did nobody kick him off the job after his first couple of layers?

How did the site manager sign it off?

How did someone get to the point of a 'dispute' with the housebuilder? It's not exactly hidden and who would buy that?

Just now, Boglet said:

I mean, I can count the number of bricks I've laid in my life on my fingers and yet I'm genuinely confident that we could both do a lot better than that. Just puzzling.

How was that bricklayer hired? 

How did nobody kick him off the job after his first couple of layers?

How did the site manager sign it off?

How did someone get to the point of a 'dispute' with the housebuilder? It's not exactly hidden and who would buy that?

Probably bought off-plan. 

the only bricks I’ve ever laid was a dwarf retaining wall in the garden. Had a curve on it and everything. Not professional standard but much better than that. 

house builders just won’t care.  There is a new estate going up near me and it looks to be built with a softwood frame. That’ll weather well in a nrth east winter with sea salt and driving rain coming straight off the sea. 

Noallegiance
45 minutes ago, Boglet said:

I mean, I can count the number of bricks I've laid in my life on my fingers

I don't need any fingers to count the number of bricks I've laid. And not many more to count the number of women.

leonardratso
41 minutes ago, Noallegiance said:

I don't need any fingers to count the number of bricks I've laid. And not many more to count the number of women.

pull your finger out.

1 hour ago, One percent said:

Probably bought off-plan. 

the only bricks I’ve ever laid was a dwarf retaining wall in the garden. Had a curve on it and everything. Not professional standard but much better than that. 

house builders just won’t care.  There is a new estate going up near me and it looks to be built with a softwood frame. That’ll weather well in a nrth east winter with sea salt and driving rain coming straight off the sea. 

Don't want your dwarfs escaping

Another late night mumsnet chuckle... Shazza is that you?

https://www.mumsnet.com/talk/am_i_being_unreasonable/4617154-things-have-changed-so-much-so-quickly?page=1

A great life on disability benefits, but now going as the kids get older.

It'll probably be deleted by the morning, as a few of the mums are asking uncomfortable questions.

Think there will be quite a few more people in this position, the higher bills haven't even hit yet.

3 minutes ago, Boon said:

https://www.mumsnet.com/talk/am_i_being_unreasonable/4617154-things-have-changed-so-much-so-quickly?page=1

A great life on disability benefits.

It'll probably be deleted by the morning, as a few of the mums are asking uncomfortable questions.

Think there will be quite a few more people in this position, the higher bills haven't even hit yet.

Bluebells12 · Today 19:11

Yanbu. Life was very good in Europe for a long time.

Then Trump decided to shred American power so he could be Mr Big, and Boris decided to shred British power and get rid of European cheap labour / cheap holidays / cheap imports / cheap food so he could be Mr Big, and meanwhile Putin wasn’t scared of Trump’s America or the Brexit-weakened EU and decided to invade Ukraine so he could feel like Mr Big, and meanwhile no one was tackling climate change, and so animal germs started mutating enough to pass to humans more often, and so covid cost us all a fortune, and suddenly everything was a bit shit. So Boris went on holiday.

It isn’t bad luck though, it’s bad management. The history books are going to have a LOT to say about world leaders in our time, and none of it will be complimentary. And meanwhile what’s China doing? Pondering whether to invade Taiwan. 🙄

Bloody hate men being in charge sometimes. We need fewer boys dreaming of being Mr Big and instead more managers. In fact no one should be allowed to stand for public office unless they’ve excelled at a basic manager job.

2019852503_lowvoltbrainlet.png.ea980233d5e5c8ee4ce897250ef9bb90.png

Bus Stop Boxer
7 minutes ago, Boon said:

HOLY FREAKIN GOD.

"Bluebells12 · Today 19:11

Then Trump decided to shred American power so he could be Mr Big, and Boris decided to shred British power and get rid of European cheap labour / cheap holidays / cheap imports / cheap food so he could be Mr Big, and meanwhile Putin wasn’t scared of Trump’s America or the Brexit-weakened EU and decided to invade Ukraine so he could feel like Mr Big, and meanwhile no one was tackling climate change, and so animal germs started mutating enough to pass to humans more often, and so covid cost us all a fortune, and suddenly everything was a bit shit. So Boris went on holiday.

It isn’t bad luck though, it’s bad management. The history books are going to have a LOT to say about world leaders in our time, and none of it will be complimentary. And meanwhile what’s China doing? Pondering whether to invade Taiwan. 🙄

Bloody hate men being in charge sometimes. We need fewer boys dreaming of being Mr Big and instead more managers. In fact no one should be allowed to stand for public office unless they’ve excelled at a basic manager job".

8 minutes ago, Boon said:

I agree single mum of 4 here with a mortgage. I was doing well and working and making a start for me and the children 3 years ago. Now I'm working out how far food can go. When my fixed term mortgage ends next year I'm screwed. My side hussle has also ended due to the economy. I've halted all buying.

Investors anxious about recession should look to allocate cash into mining and energy stocks, which “may be the only thing safeguarding capital in the years to come”, according to New York fund manager Goehring & Rozencwajg.

In the paper here in Oz today.  Get ready for a rush into miners and oilies from retail investors - they've been told for years how evil both are, and now the propaganda is, I think, going to shift.

I had dinner with old friends about 12 months ago, the wife invests a lot, and I said then that oilies and commodities were the place to be with the inflation coming.  Saw them last month.  They had stayed in tech stocks....

leonardratso

if theres one thing the world needs to set it right, its definitely more managers, esp. female managers, no, its more, entitled stupid female managers, now that would sort it all out.

7 hours ago, Bus Stop Boxer said:

HOLY FREAKIN GOD.

"Bluebells12 · Today 19:11

Bloody hate men being in charge sometimes. We need fewer boys dreaming of being Mr Big and instead more managers. In fact no one should be allowed to stand for public office unless they’ve excelled at a basic manager job".

You can’t blame them. It’s like a 5 year old interpretation of an amalgamated mishmash of BBC propaganda summed up in a paragraph.

It is however an important reminder for us. This is what the nation mostly consists of. That’s why there will be no austerity and pulling socks up to save the economy. The FT reader comments doesn’t even understand that and calls for more bennies. 

We are well and truly fucked. If you can, leave the country.

M S E Refugee

Archived