DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 3)

spunko

8 minutes ago, Noallegiance said:

For me it's fine.

There's so much going on at the moment.

Gold is doing it's job. The gradual debasement of currency is being accounted for as far as is possible under the current derivative price paradigm. The day that changes is when everyone behind the curve will be looking to buy what I'm gonna be selling. My exposure is in the miners and they're doing well. If DH is correct and GDX & J double/triple from here for gold to $2500, I'm looking forward to a post-bust steady climb in the physical price. Miners will be cash machines.

Sudden moves are trader moves.

Outside of the flight to safety spikes on news, a new floor is being established for the longer term. There's a gradual creep into the new cycle. We're ahead of the game.

I'd hate for it to go bananas too quick. I'd prefer the slower crawl in the physical price rather than racing off on an unsustainable path to have to back-fill price gaps. That behaviour is too volatile for what gold is.

Comparatively speaking, against everything else PMs are boring. For traders conditioned by the last 40 years this thread is boring. That's just fine.

Handle my cup baby!

Capture.PNG

If this war persists Russia might start dumping their gold.

• Replies 30.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HousePriceMania
17 minutes ago, Harley said:

Have you received their two alerts too about the "crisis".  I thought them very professional.  CYA sure but still very professional.  Off to open my ISA account today.

Yes, it's a good service, would recommend it.

hmm, surprised, managing to get quotes on evr and gaz also sell quotes, havent got much in either, and evr looks fooked anyway so might as well leave them be, glad i didnt bother with poly(wants a cracker), i notice MOS shot its load last week as well, up that is.

1 hour ago, Cattle Prod said:

God that 25% divi on Poly is an evil temptress. Don't forget that bit @Hunty if you're feeling down, there has been no divi cut, no reason to cut it, and although the water is murky right now, you haven't been told you're not going to be paid it out.

Good luck HL are playing silly buggers with the price and won't sell

Sell: 405.00p | Buy: 344.60p | 413.40p (51.78%)

FTSE 100: 1.10%

Live share price | FTSE 100 delayed by at least 15 minutes | Preferences

The selling price currently displayed is higher than the buying price. This can occur temporarily for a variety of reasons; shortly before the market opens, after the market closes or because of extraordinary price volatility during the trading day.

16 minutes ago, Sidd said:

Do you still see a point where you cash out of the miners when the $2500 price hits and then buy back in lower post bust?

I'll play it by ear.

My position is fortunate.

Yes, I could have done with the knowledge I have now 10-20 years ago. But I'm also still young enough to take advantage of the knowledge I now have, even if I miss some profit-taking. But I'm aiming on having plenty of dry powder for potential bargain basement blood on the streets shindiggle.

I'm under little pressure compared to others at different stages of life. Me and the woman have managed things to be exactly that way. So, perhaps my position isn't fortunate. Perhaps I've played things quite well so far, overall.

Anyway...

If stock markets start to hockey stick then once my sphincter puckers I may begin taking chips off the table both in value shares and miner ETFs.

If I miss the up-leg and find myself in a bust, I may take what I can.

I'm pretty certain I'll get at least some of my profits off the table but my core position will remain. I wont sell out completely from anything.

HousePriceMania
5 minutes ago, Loki said:

Good luck HL are playing silly buggers with the price and won't sell

Sell: 405.00p | Buy: 344.60p | 413.40p (51.78%)

FTSE 100: 1.10%

Live share price | FTSE 100 delayed by at least 15 minutes | Preferences

The selling price currently displayed is higher than the buying price. This can occur temporarily for a variety of reasons; shortly before the market opens, after the market closes or because of extraordinary price volatility during the trading day.

I've put in a buy order for POLY at 350 with Interactive Brokers, risking £200.  I feel like a desperado up the bookies trying to win his money back.

4 minutes ago, DurhamBorn said:

This thread has become like an Opium den,but poly is your drug of choice :ph34r: ,Im tempted to buy £200  though just to be in the group hug ."The Russian share"

so we have the 'share that shall not be named' replaced then?

4 minutes ago, DurhamBorn said:

This thread has become like an Opium den,but poly is your drug of choice :ph34r: ,Im tempted to buy £200  though just to be in the group hug ."The Russian share"

I've just mainlined 1000 Poly into my carotid artery. Should be enough to keep me going till tomorrow.

Just now, moneyscam said:

I've just mainlined 1000 Poly into my carotid artery. Should be enough to keep me going till tomorrow.

I just had to settle for a Fill or Kill order...only £600 worth.  If this is the best HL can do (At £11.95 per trade) I think I need to look elsewhere.  What's the point in a broker that shuts down live trading when madmen want to be buying?

HousePriceMania
1 minute ago, moneyscam said:

POLY should be taken as a suppository, for all the good buying them will do now, you might as well shove them up your arse.

12 minutes ago, ThoughtCriminal said:

If the fundamentals of poly haven't changed then all of this is just noise.

They're still making the same product with the same demand.

Not a 'recommendation' that we can money from this share because its sooo volatile and I have no idea how the retail punters will end up.....but I bet someone in Russia is rubbing their hands and hoping to buy this business and many other high dividend, inflation busting, asset interesting businesses.

I guess that's how the rich get richer. 

394p as I type...its up!

1 minute ago, Pip321 said:

Not a 'recommendation' we can money from this share because its sooo volatile and I have no idea how the retail punters will end up.....but I bet someone in Russia is rubbing their hands and hoping to buy this business and many other high dividend, inflation busting, asset interesting businesses.

I guess that's how the rich get richer. 

394p as I type...its up!

I was in at 368p, did I win? Anyone do better? Whatever happens I’ll be selling on the bounce back this afternoon if it materialises.

Yadda yadda yadda
16 minutes ago, DurhamBorn said:

I'm glad I resisted the urge on Friday. Went with Abrdn instead. Phew.

My Gazprom have shit themselves though. Nevermind.

Might end up evens when the miners I have in US open.

Yadda yadda yadda
15 minutes ago, Noallegiance said:

Swapping it for what?

With whom?

Dollars and me. :Jumping:

Might be a massive buying opportunity if they do sell a big load. I won't be taking much but lots of people will. They'd have to route it via China I suppose but when a bargain is to be had there will be a buyer. Probably a connected buyer, of course but it would spillover into the wider market.

Yadda yadda yadda
16 minutes ago, moneyscam said:

Not good. That means you've done all the vessels in your arms, legs, feet and belly. Good luck.

25 minutes ago, DurhamBorn said:

Sorry DB, I’ve helped turn it into a day trading speculative crypto thread again.

A10EB493-E077-4FB9-B5CC-A7B3279E8559.gif.46bc87361a632d24fd8d46dc2dcf6552.gif

28 minutes ago, DurhamBorn said:

I will ask them to convert my losses into used kalashnikovs after this shit show is over. I'll then add a post to the prepper thread about how everyone needs one.

Former colleagues on my contractor WhatsApp group all discussing how to disable RUB trading and disconnect Russian Banks from their trading platforms this morning. Sysadmins get twitchy when told to uncheck boxes that have always been checked in production...

Archived