DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 3)

spunko

6 minutes ago, DoINeedOne said:

Bought POLY 5.4 with mini ladder next buy 5 

Whole ball games changed for me now. Staying clear, I took a tiny bit of a hit, but nothing earth shattering. Think we’ll have faaaaar more things to worry about going forwards.

FRES was my main safety play, taking up the slack.

80DD2869-CB65-4515-9F24-032FFB24624C.thumb.jpeg.d0f55134691e29d836a94c63d5233bb7.jpeg

• Replies 30.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Lightscribe said:

My stop loss triggered on POLY, it’s a bloodbath.

I didnt bother, will let it ride.
Any loss has already been covered by BAE, fuck sake, look at that go, you would think theres a war on or something.

On 26/02/2022 at 21:55, Jesus Wept said:

BA. 

Not IAG - haha…. I’d never invest in airlines - too risky for me…

However …. BAe systems is flying - since the trouble started. Defence etc. Nice dividend too. A @DurhamBorn favourite…

5AF8928B-CA78-4211-81B5-CC14E3CDAB77.jpeg

BAE systems Jumped another 13% this morning.

Thank god for a balanced portfolio and hedging. 

10 minutes ago, Lightscribe said:

My stop loss triggered on POLY, it’s a bloodbath.

The trading platforms didn't like any transactions going through. If you don't mind me asking what did it kick in at? ie what price were you able to get out.

Sold half BP, it was 10% of portfolio, now 5%, got 362. 

Keeping gaz and poly for now, think germany wants gas and poly is already hit even though it is a cryus hq company listed in jersey with russian mines. I think it might be blurred enough to lessen risk.

Had bought first ladder in jrs on friday which is also very heavily hit but a small holding. Sold at 25% loss as I feel it quite risky with Jpm and usa involved.

1 minute ago, Pip321 said:

The trading platforms didn't like any transactions going through. If you don't mind me asking what did it kick in at? ie what price were you able to get out.

Around about the 600 mark - (it was around 620 I bought my main ladder anyway) so not a huge deal for me, after taking some out on the Friday jump.

11 minutes ago, Lightscribe said:

Whole ball games changed for me now. Staying clear, I took a tiny bit of a hit, but nothing earth shattering. Think we’ll have faaaaar more things to worry about going forwards.

FRES was my main safety play, taking up the slack.

80DD2869-CB65-4515-9F24-032FFB24624C.thumb.jpeg.d0f55134691e29d836a94c63d5233bb7.jpeg

It wasn't long ago that FRES was the gamble. Now it's paying the bills for me. Muchos gracias! 

10 hours ago, Errol said:

Please note:

This is a reminder seeing people waiting for ATM's as well reminds us to have access to assets cash, physical outside of the system

Sometimes we can get lazy and like convenience 

Just now, Don Coglione said:

Pray for @Hunty.

Yup as @sancho panza said complete respect to @Hunty for posting that most wouldn't 

1 hour ago, nirvana said:

BREAKING: Russian Central Banks jacks interest rates to a record 20% !!!

how about retiring to Russia? :P

Soz @ThoughtCriminalalready posted, I'll STFU for the rest of the week, have a nice Russian lady instead xD

FMXsGJ-WYAEJ0zT.jpeg

Have you seen the GBP- RUB exchange rate, FFS, you might be able to afford her :)

2 minutes ago, Calcutta said:

It wasn't long ago that FRES was the gamble. Now it's paying the bills for me. Muchos gracias! 

2CA5193E-4C92-41FD-9968-FC2392AED58D.thumb.jpeg.d50a3623b1ab946eb91b43b1493196c1.jpeg

DC035DBA-18B0-46E1-9FA7-C16188787A25.thumb.jpeg.098aba23b3d592272677e830f9e47bd4.jpeg

You got to know when to hold them, when to fold them, when to walk away and when to run.

3 minutes ago, Lightscribe said:

2CA5193E-4C92-41FD-9968-FC2392AED58D.thumb.jpeg.d50a3623b1ab946eb91b43b1493196c1.jpeg

DC035DBA-18B0-46E1-9FA7-C16188787A25.thumb.jpeg.098aba23b3d592272677e830f9e47bd4.jpeg

You got to know when to hold them, when to fold them, when to walk away and when to run.

A small glimpse into the meme stock holders world!

M S E Refugee
8 minutes ago, DoINeedOne said:

This is a reminder seeing people waiting for ATM's as well reminds us to have access to assets cash, physical outside of the system

It's a very good idea, I'm going to keep some cash handy just in case.

3 minutes ago, belfastchild said:

A small glimpse into the meme stock holders world!

1D429DD9-3F17-4228-9E46-7B571770761F.thumb.jpeg.5883bcff107223577774a529f85f0ca2.jpeg

Good luck to anyone trying to get a quote on HL. No benefiting from spreads and arbitrage going on at all, nosiree.

2 minutes ago, M S E Refugee said:

It's a very good idea, I'm going to keep some cash handy just in case.

I sent the wife out on friday and today to get a stack of cash.

Second time, the banks asked why.  I had prepared her with the answer:

"Because there might be bank runs because of the russian thing and if you collapse we want our money at home".

Apparently the teller said 'Yes, we've heard that a lot".

O.o

Look at Gazprom! $1.40. Thought I did well at $6.84 xD

Just a bit of small change I threw at it. No more for me. I'll let it ride and might see it again the other side of the tunnel... or not at all. 

4 minutes ago, Lightscribe said:

1D429DD9-3F17-4228-9E46-7B571770761F.thumb.jpeg.5883bcff107223577774a529f85f0ca2.jpeg

Good luck to anyone trying to get a quote on HL. No benefiting from spreads and arbitrage going on at all, nosiree.

HL, won't quote me at all on Poly. Oh well,  probably for the best,  I suspect.

11 minutes ago, Siggy said:

HL, won't quote me at all on Poly. Oh well,  probably for the best,  I suspect.

I bought some at 451 in ii. Currently at 408. Not sure whether to sell more TGA to double down.

FXPO is up today.

Does anyone know of reasons why POLY should be hammered today but not FXPO? Perhaps there are specific threats against POLY. 

Edit:

The FXPO strength seems to be the RNS stating FXPO has managed to dispatch some iron pellets and good communication. I still think the POLY has been very overdone today. 

Alifelessbinary
5 minutes ago, ThoughtCriminal said:

Holy shit 

IMG_20220228_085917.jpg

Lucky escape for me as I sold on Friday. I went from being 68% up to 5% down. Very rarely do I sell shares but I was taken about by the scale of the invasion (as were most Western political leaders by the look of it!).

I’m still a strong believer that the Russian commodity companies are sitting on incredible assets, but I can’t invest at the moment as the political risk is way too much for my risk profile.

Democorruptcy
1 hour ago, geordie_lurch said:

According to hl.co.uk Shell is going up xD BP hasn't moved :/

EDIT: WTAF

image.thumb.png.511833b68d46d4bfaef8457f5565b661.png

Even if you don't want to trade on it (for information purposes only), open a spread betting account at IG and you can see how the market has really opened. Add your shares to a watchlist to see their price movements. If you are thinking of buying or selling on HL, check the way the price is changing on the spreads first.

Just picked up another grands worth of POLY at 405.  I didn't manage to sell at 700ish, so fuckit.  I'll either come out smelling of roses, or the whole lot (5k GBP) will be gone.

If this resolves, 1000 POLY shares could be a nice earner.  If not, well, the other increases will more than cover.

ThoughtCriminal
Just now, wherebee said:

Just picked up another grands worth of POLY at 405.  I didn't manage to sell at 700ish, so fuckit.  I'll either come out smelling of roses, or the whole lot (5k GBP) will be gone.

If this resolves, 1000 POLY shares could be a nice earner.  If not, well, the other increases will more than cover.

You are a crazy bastard and I salute you!

On a serious note, it's the crazy bastards who come out smelling of roses.

14 minutes ago, planit said:

I bought some at 451 in ii. Currently at 408. Not sure whether to sell more TGA to double down.

FXPO is up today.

Does anyone know of reasons why POLY should be hammered today but not FXPO? Perhaps there are specific threats against POLY. 

Edit:

The FXPO strength seems to be the RNS stating FXPO has managed to dispatch some iron pellets and good communication. I still think the POLY has been very overdone today. 

Bought 1k at 403 just now,  let's see if it goes to zero!

Archived