DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

The Sunday evening 'week ahead' thread

Loki

1 minute ago, Loki said:

BTFD

bruv what's that black swan called? I seriously can't bloody find it! google ain't what it used to be o.O :Old:

2 minutes ago, nirvana said:

bruv what's that black swan called? I seriously can't bloody find it! google ain't what it used to be o.O :Old:

Don't know fren

1679083317967429.jpg

• Lol 1

actually joking apart it was an interesting week......ie the SVB and First Republic Bank fiasco (the FED and/or the US treasury bailed em out yesterday morning) there was a big bounce in their stonk but it continued the decline today.....

NOW serious q, was this a planned attack by the likes of Goldman Sachs and the other 'big boys' cos they need this FED pivot or was it a proper black swan event???? woooooo Taleb wrote about that, i was blown away when I read his first book but after a while I decided he was just another bullshitter xD

Anyways frens, wednesday big day, FOMC, that's when the FED will announce the next interest rate decision....

and all eyes on the press conference for Powell talking shite eh

the swan has awoken eh?

1614182096500.jpg

• Love / Hugz 1
  • Cheers 1

this is bizarre lol, the MOVE index......also JGB 10 year is behaving very strange......might have to watch the Jap markets tomorrow night cos my life is just so bloody exciting xD

edit to add, apparently the price action here is rivalling 1987 Black Monday stuff :ph34r:

Screenshotfrom2023-03-1818-38-31.thumb.png.b56480914cbbf5fd7a34bcf4dd3246e9.png

Edited by nirvana

22 minutes ago, nirvana said:

edit to add, apparently the price action here is rivalling 1987 Black Monday stuff

Sounds like things could get spicy in two weeks :Jumping:

29 minutes ago, Loki said:

Sounds like things could get spicy in two weeks :Jumping:

you'll have to fill me in, is that the next full moon? o.O

nft.jpg

1 minute ago, ashestoashes said:

possible they're raising money to finance the banks from the crude sell off ?

don't think it's that contrived/correlated.....Oil has been 'smelling'/pricing in, a recession for a while now.....

this weeks banking issue is due to rising IRs and the banks can't handle it, despite what they've all been telling us about banks being 'safer than ever' O.o....wasn't the SVB sell off cos they couldn't secure another round of funding? those tens of billions have just become 'too expensive' lol

• Informative 1

ECB are signalling more hikes to come....

Inflation in the euro zone is proving tougher to crack than expected and the European Central Bank will likely need to raise interest rates further, possibly above 4%, Austrian central bank chief Robert Holzmann said on Saturday

• Agree 1

reformed nice guy
50 minutes ago, nirvana said:

Frjn96taEAAiTu5.jpg

It looks like model pieces, something like Airfix, on the floor.

Hopefully the chart is his real portfolio value over 10 years.

That frog is living the dream.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, reformed nice guy said:

It looks like model pieces, something like Airfix, on the floor.

Hopefully the chart is his real portfolio value over 10 years.

That frog is living the dream.

to be fair to a selection of pepes, some of em are good at catching 'short term surf'.......markets move in waves bruv :)

Screenshot from 2023-03-19 13-08-42.png

the Credit Suisse bagholders are in trouble......German volatility has increased markedly this last week.......

if you still don't believe in PA (price action) look where the BIG bounce happened :P

7492e2_502c5507be9a470ca35748558761a1ae~mv2.png