DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

The Sunday evening 'week ahead' thread

Loki

4 hours ago, sancho panza said:

Think we're maybe differing on the basis of what we define as narrow.In terms of US Senate there's normally barely a seat or two in it the last few years

It's not unusal for Presidents to have the 'trifecta' in their first year or two, but then go lame duck.

I don't seea  way Dems keep either hosue or senate.

I was thinking more "narrow" as in vote margin per seat, and implications for the next elections. A new congressman or senator with a wafer thin margin would be far more wary of a divisive voting record if they wanted to be confident of re-election, compared to one with a stonking one IMO.

As you say 51-52 senators is likely the Republican best hope, and just like with Manchin and Sinema for the Dems it only takes a few awkward squad among that number to logjam it. Trump was very keen to eliminate RINO candidates and sitting congressmen/senators by supporting other cadidates for their primaries, Liz Cheney being the best example.

I also can't see the Dems holding house or senate without obvious cheating.

• Agree 2

Trading 212 numbers are changing - they will still be numbers, but better numbers which represent value

Introducing - Last Trade Price

In the next 10 days, we’ll be rolling out our latest feature - Last Trade Price (LTP).

LTP, also known as market price, is the price of the most recent transaction for a product. It reflects a product’s value better than buy/sell prices, which indicate supply and demand.

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1
  • Lol 1

4 minutes ago, Loki said:

Trading 212 numbers are changing - they will still be numbers, but better numbers which represent value

so they say

the ony important numbers are buy price and sell price, portfolio value i take as just being an estimate.

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, leonardratso said:

so they say

the ony important numbers are buy price and sell price, portfolio value i take as just being an estimate.

I read it about 5 times to make sure of what I was seeing then posted it here for lulz 

The most recent transaction is surely either a buy or a sell xD

• Lol 1

4 minutes ago, Loki said:

I read it about 5 times to make sure of what I was seeing then posted it here for lulz 

The most recent transaction is surely either a buy or a sell xD

I think 212 build in spread, particularly for less liquid shares. I can never buy immediately on limit order at what they display as sell price. 

Edited by Bear Hug
  • Informative 1

3 minutes ago, Bear Hug said:

I think 212 build in spread, particularly for less liquid shares. I can never buy immediately on limit order at what they display as sell price. 

I only dick about with CFDs (Blue Colour) on there - do you use the 'proper' trading? (Orange colour xD)

Edited by Loki

Just now, Loki said:

I only dick about with CFDs (Blue Colour) on there - do you use the 'proper' trading? (Orange colour xD)

I use three! The third one (red) is ISA. 

• Lol 1

1 minute ago, Bear Hug said:

I use three! The third one (red) is ISA. 

I already had my HL ISA set up, how do you find it?  I thought they'd be a fly-by-night operation, I fully expected to lose my 'play' capital but they've actually been pretty good.  

8 minutes ago, Loki said:

I already had my HL ISA set up, how do you find it?  I thought they'd be a fly-by-night operation, I fully expected to lose my 'play' capital but they've actually been pretty good.  

I like it. There are only hidden spread charges (probably) , so I can do "ladders" in tiny amounts. Like buy/sell £20 worth of shares. So could setup a buy order for each 1% drop etc. 

Addictive really, can trade all day in small amounts. 

Edited by Bear Hug
  • Agree 1
  • Informative 2

i put this years ISA in t212, its been ok, still got my old lloyds one that i sold down, but its coming back to a years worth cos its mostly oil, there was just some stuff i couldnt get on lloyds and vice versa with t212, its just to spread it around like manure really, dont want to rely on 1 provider too much.

• Agree 1

also shoved a ton in ford money - just the 1 year account @ 4.22%PA (monthly interest  option) cos i couldnt find a cash isa doing better anywhere, so even if i get taxed on it, it was still better than a shitty cash isa.

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, Loki said:

Anyone else watching this FTX thing unfold with unconstrained hilarity? 

They've discovered anti-numbers 

I'm finding myself watching the whole list of crypto nosedive. Just another episode in the end game and one for the grandkids as I tell them stories while they're waiting for me to sew up their potato sack for sleeping in. I tell them that their Nanny would be doing it but she's out on the game to see if she can secure a leek for breakfast tomorrow.

Next job once the kids are asleep is to piss in a tin cup with a few scrounged coffee granules in it.

Ah. Bliss.

Perhaps the next day I could finally succesfully shoot a pigeon for supper with my one remaining crossbow bolt. Doesn't go far between the 9 of us but I'll just feed it to the person who has the best chance of survival.

• Agree 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Noallegiance said:

I'm finding myself watching the whole list of crypto nosedive. Just another episode in the end game and one for the grandkids as I tell them stories while they're waiting for me to sew up their potato sack for sleeping in. I tell them that their Nanny would be doing it but she's out on the game to see if she can secure a leek for breakfast tomorrow.

Next job once the kids are asleep is to piss in a tin cup with a few scrounged coffee granules in it.

Ah. Bliss.

Perhaps the next day I could finally succesfully shoot a pigeon for supper with my one remaining crossbow bolt. Doesn't go far between the 9 of us but I'll just feed it to the person who has the best chance of survival.

...You DID buy PMs right?

2 minutes ago, Noallegiance said:

Swapped them for a crossbow mate. Them pigeons won't shoot themselves.

Well now you have a working crossbow.  If things are that bad, electricity and comms are a distant memory anyway

• Agree 1

I need to get this update out early as I will be engaged all weekend investing this weeks profits

This week started out showing a number inversion to the lower side but after a miss on the inflation numbers, those numbers moved over to the numbers that aren't boring, which in turn also went UP

Some of the numbers from that pretend internet money thing that went pop might end up there too, but you will need to purchase a premium "YOLOKI" subscription to see my thoughts on that

Edited by Loki
  • Lol 3

We still can't finish discussing last week's main topic which was the mid terms because they all filled results yet. 

Simply incredible in this century 

Time magazine projecting dems keep senate.

well i got that wrong

https://time.com/6230857/midterm-election-results-2022-latest/

Edited by sancho panza
  • Agree 1

53 minutes ago, sancho panza said:

We still can't finish discussing last week's main topic which was the mid terms because they all filled results yet. 

Simply incredible in this century 

Time magazine projecting dems keep senate.

well i got that wrong

https://time.com/6230857/midterm-election-results-2022-latest/

They are making me look bad - their number abilities are far out ahead of my own.  Even I can't just fabricate them into reality :Jumping:

But yes I've seen several comments from various places online how xxxxx country counted tens of millions of paper votes overnight.  It all stinks.  But it's not surprising either 

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, Loki said:

They are making me look bad - their number abilities are far out ahead of my own.  Even I can't just fabricate them into reality :Jumping:

But yes I've seen several comments from various places online how xxxxx country counted tens of millions of paper votes overnight.  It all stinks.  But it's not surprising either 

I think first past the psot is a really poor reflection of how the electorate feel and doesn't really represent what people want-mainly due to the fact that genreally,you have to vote for one of the top two parties for your vote to count meaning a lot of votes are negative ie rather voting against a party rather than positive voting for a party.

Having said that,in teh UK at least you cna be relatively sure that the amount of ballots cast accurately reflects how people voted.There's a small opportunity for potal ballot ahrvesting but I cna't imagine it has much of an impact outside a couple of seats that are within 100 votes.

The US though-different world.There are numerous countries in the thrid world that count paper ballots faster.Teh scope for the electronic records to be tampered with is also significant.

It doesn't matter who you vote for ,the public need to ahev faith in the system.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/catherine-cortez-masto-defeats-adam-laxalt-in-nevada-clinching-control-of-senate-for-democrats-031701272.html

Incumbent Sen. Catherine Cortez Masto has defeated Republican challenger Adam Laxalt in Nevada by the slimmest of margins, ensuring that Democrats will keep control of the U.S. Senate.

While Laxalt led narrowly in the vote count for much of the week, his rural firewall was ultimately not strong enough to withstand Cortez Masto’s two-to-one advantage among the tens of thousands of eleventh-hour mail voters from in and around Las Vegas and Reno whose ballots were counted last.

With more than 95% of votes counted, the Associated Press called the race for Cortez Masto late Saturday. Her margin of victory was approximately half a percentage point, making Nevada 2022’s closest Senate contest.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/catherine-cortez-masto-defeats-adam-laxalt-in-nevada-clinching-control-of-senate-for-democrats-031701272.html

• Agree 1
  • Lol 2