DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

The Sunday evening 'week ahead' thread

Loki

On 13/11/2022 at 17:08, Loki said:

It will be interesting if these inflation indicators start to drop slightly as well

Inflation will be plummeting soon. Deflation by next autumn. 

• Agree 1
  • Lol 1

Just putting this in my shitpost thread as i don't want to distract from the budget convo in the reflation thread. Just had to pop down the M3 and the motorways are as busy as ever, i was amongst the slowest traffic.  Ok it's only one tiny anecdote but all those people are going somewhere, doing something etc. Is this what a crack up boom looks like? It's hard to square the pleas of poverty, and the likely upcoming carnage with day to day experience. Traffic during commuting times is still heavy etc. Loads of delivery vans out 

• Agree 3
  • Informative 1

Interesting thing to note from today (in the US markets): Gold down .71% for the day GDXJ up .87%. Only small, and following on from Gold getting above 1780 earlier in the week.

Anyone care to speculate about next week for PMs/miners? I think we might see another attempt by gold to get properly over 1780.

• Informative 1

15 minutes ago, Axeman123 said:

Interesting thing to note from today (in the US markets): Gold down .71% for the day GDXJ up .87%. Only small, and following on from Gold getting above 1780 earlier in the week.

Anyone care to speculate about next week for PMs/miners? I think we might see another attempt by gold to get properly over 1780.

I'd only be guessing. Be nice close the year at or over $2000 though

• Cheers 1

coupel of items for the notebook next week

Tues UK mortgage approvals-be itneresting to see if theyre's any softening of demand.Apporvals in themselves arent'a great forward indicator of the hosuing market because approvals don't = completions.Interested noenthelss

Wed EU inflation.will there be a softening???

• Informative 1

4 hours ago, sancho panza said:

coupel of items for the notebook next week

Tues UK mortgage approvals-be itneresting to see if theyre's any softening of demand.Apporvals in themselves arent'a great forward indicator of the hosuing market because approvals don't = completions.Interested noenthelss

Wed EU inflation.will there be a softening???

Interesting thanks.  DXY dropped nicely today, wouldn't be surprised to see some improvement in 'the numbers'

• Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, sancho panza said:

Thursday 1330 US CPI.WOrth keeping an ey out for this.

Consenus 6.5%

\Could set a lid on the yellow stuff or light the fuel tank

https://tradingeconomics.com/calendar

image.thumb.png.7b3771327470b049cf22aefc577ae349.png

Nice one sancho!  Apparently employment/jobless numbers are important to markets too, but it depends what way the wind is blowing as to whether that's because of a good economy, or because it will result in extra stimmies

• Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...