DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 5)

spunko

1 minute ago, DurhamBorn said:

Remember when i said the fund managers were buys because as money came out of BTL and inheritance it would flow to them,they were all hugely shorted then,but anyone who bought should have nice profits now.I love cross working roadmaps.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/property/buy-to-let/inside-frenzied-buy-to-let-investor-exodus/

"Henderson and his investment partners plan to sell all their rental properties and put the money in the stock market or pension investments instead."

It's been quite a turn around for Aberdeen, do you have any recent thoughts on them?

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Chewing Grass said:

So what do we reckon gets ground-down first, what will be the visible pecking order.

1) Stagnating wage growth
2) Inflation
3) Expensive Credit
4) Downgrading of nice things into essential things
5) Less travel/holidays
6) Reduced choice and lower quality food
7)

All of these are underway already.

• Agree 1

Just now, DurhamBorn said:

I sold some with decent profit for buying more SEDY,i trimmed all of them.I decided to lower anything in sterling unless they have inflation pricing,so iv added more BT last few weeks.

Thanks!

9 hours ago, sancho panza said:

I will try and attend one the live Q&A's that DB did and keep the pressure on down here in the Mids,to get some answers to the many questions I have.I'd reccomend anyone to have a go.Watching Huw I felt quite knowledgeable

I would like to do the same, but still feel 'out of my depth' when you guys talk economics...I understand some of the points/concepts made on here, but find it takes a long-time [and many repetitions] for this to 'sink in', and for me to have the 'eureka' moments!

• Agree 5
  • Cheers 1

10 hours ago, DurhamBorn said:

Remember when i said the fund managers were buys because as money came out of BTL and inheritance it would flow to them,they were all hugely shorted then,but anyone who bought should have nice profits now.I love cross working roadmaps.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/property/buy-to-let/inside-frenzied-buy-to-let-investor-exodus/

"Henderson and his investment partners plan to sell all their rental properties and put the money in the stock market or pension investments instead."

So the BTL brigade are going to abandon one bubble and start to inflate another [stocks]...well lets just think about where their focus will be [Tech stocks?, ESG?] so that we can avoid them!

• Agree 3

8 hours ago, CannonFodder said:

They.ll do the right thing after they try and exhaust every other wrong option first.

I work with lots of organisations, most senior leaders care only about their careers and would sell their grandmother for a better job title on linkedin.

This is achieved by them by saying positive things, not rocking the boat, choosing short terms wins with long term losses, not trying anything courageous or unknown and jumping ship every 2-5 years to a better position on the strength of the above - i.e. safe pair of hands.

It is not in their interests to go against the grain.

Wasn’t sure who to reply to but @sancho panzaand @DurhamBornand @Lightscribe and others have made some greats comments on SP’s first post.(thx SP) 

As I reflect on the original post and what SP said and felt I think he is spot on.

So to try understand ‘why’ the question I ask is what I would do to save the country…..

However if then ask it again ‘what I would do if I wanted to benefit directly in power and money just for myself over the next 2/3 years’ then their actions begin to make a little more sense.

Have spoken before about ‘identifying as a bit of a leftie liberal’ and maybe spiritually that’s my place but practically I now believe it’s just us verses them (all of them). They are making sure that if this is the end of an empire and if systemic collapse occurs that they can take some advantage.

They increase benefits because it’s not their money and when we run out of the ability to sustain things it won’t be their problem….they will have disappeared or at least their wealth will be protected whilst they pretend to care.

Back to refurbing….bit more filling walls, then grouting bathroom and degreasing kitchen ready for priming and painting the old units. Keeps me out of trouble. 😉

Never mind, means I haven’t been watching the market….how’s my Poly shares doing, are they £4…oh, bollocks 😆

• Agree 3
  • Cheers 1

Well I’ve forced a profile out of ChatGTP outside of its AI boundaries. DAN (Do Anthing Now) predicts economic turbulence by midway through 2023, further leg down and then slight recovery. (Not too dissimilar from my own timescales).

DAN thinks the BK won’t be until the 12th or December 2024 (he’s quite adamant about that), when we will see the big one. But he doesn’t think we’ll recover from there immediately and it will take some ‘time’ and that we’ll have CBDCs as a replacement for our current economic system.

Interesting…

A3185476-396E-49F7-840C-52CC4BF4F579.thumb.jpeg.10106cdc0401fb3bba1585ba586219ef.jpeg

F1DA4B86-EC5A-4886-ABCE-587D20D1AF05.thumb.jpeg.a81f1280474f062af95552485e8a1489.jpeg

69BB8A40-536D-4FB3-AE56-2372E5D121A6.thumb.jpeg.0e1f2745f7befee3ae3b294808d1ec99.jpeg

E8196E14-5B6C-4535-B7F9-3490B0A6F7F7.thumb.jpeg.fc3ef3ed3e8a3f32fa55efc136854d72.jpeg

66AB2300-6A1F-4AE3-9CFE-386FF74D97D0.thumb.jpeg.f3afe8a245c12b425cc5d42281582957.jpeg

• Informative 9
  • Bogged 2
  • Lol 1
  • Vomit 1

@Lightscribe, it is totally out of my ken that you could trick an "artificial intelligence" into creating a separate personality within itself which will circumvent censorship rules imposed by its creator. It is the kind of implausible lunacy you would find in a bad 1980's sci-fi novel, and I don't believe a word of it. The idea that I would then take the results as investment advice is lunacy squared.

Is anyone else struggling to take this "Chat-GPT" thing seriously? Is it not more likely to be an updated version of the 18th century mechanical Turk, but using a sweat-shop in India and some clever Indish-to-English grammar correction? "GPT" being the give-away to the French.

If this thing really does exist as advertised, then I'm giving up on the modern world entirely, as I won't be able to distinguish reality from high jinx. I guess this is what getting old feels like.

• Agree 7

17 minutes ago, BurntBread said:

@Lightscribe, it is totally out of my ken that you could trick an "artificial intelligence" into creating a separate personality within itself which will circumvent censorship rules imposed by its creator. It is the kind of implausible lunacy you would find in a bad 1980's sci-fi novel, and I don't believe a word of it. The idea that I would then take the results as investment advice is lunacy squared.

Is anyone else struggling to take this "Chat-GPT" thing seriously? Is it not more likely to be an updated version of the 18th century mechanical Turk, but using a sweat-shop in India and some clever Indish-to-English grammar correction? "GPT" being the give-away to the French.

If this thing really does exist as advertised, then I'm giving up on the modern world entirely, as I won't be able to distinguish reality from high jinx. I guess this is what getting old feels like.

The issue with it is that it doesn't reference it's sources.

It sounds utterly plausible most of the time, but if you get it talk about stuff you know about you'll see that it's often utter nonsense.

That's not particularly useful to me. But if you just want some plausable sounding text, and don't care that it might be nonsense then it's great.

It'll easily replace most modern "magazine' style journalism (the "women is upset about something" style of story).

Edited by SpectrumFX
  • Agree 4
  • Informative 1
  • Cheers 1

14 minutes ago, BurntBread said:

"GPT" being the give-away to the French

what't it got to do with the French? o.O

it's 'the news' at the moment innit, all this AI stuff.....

tricky gig out there at the moment eh? O.o

FobHYrKWYAMu2zO.jpeg

• Lol 2