DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 5)

spunko

1 minute ago, CannonFodder said:

Regards Poly and friends, Russia will likely launch a major push probably next week - the 10th of Jan would be my bet.

All the talk about Poly.

Asil Nadir

• Lol 1

manservantjerkins

I am up 73% on POLY in my ISA...

...And down 54% on a much larger chunk in my SIPP

Almost achieving net zero.

I finally get it now. Now I want all YOUR money. I think I'll get into politics.

• Agree 2
  • Lol 6

1 hour ago, HousePriceMania said:

How many threads before the UK economic collapse ?

https://www.tickcounter.com/countdown/3628901/uk-economic-collapse

Any revision on the date @DurhamBorn ?

Interesting to see in what order things collapse.So far dentists and the NHS could be counted as gone,what next?.Care homes?.BTL sector so millions looking to rent but nothing there?

• Agree 4
  • Informative 2

8 minutes ago, DurhamBorn said:

Interesting to see in what order things collapse.So far dentists and the NHS could be counted as gone,what next?.Care homes?.BTL sector so millions looking to rent but nothing there?

Even if the btl sector collapses, and I sincerely hope it does, the houses will still be there.  

• Agree 1

AlfredTheLittle
12 minutes ago, One percent said:

Even if the btl sector collapses, and I sincerely hope it does, the houses will still be there.  

Government is giving out tax breaks for turning them into holiday lets.

• Agree 4
  • Informative 1

10 minutes ago, AlfredTheLittle said:

Government is giving out tax breaks for turning them into holiday lets.

Yeah but, no one is going to be able to afford to go on holiday. 

• Lol 2
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, One percent said:

Yeah but, no one is going to be able to afford to go on holiday. 

There'll probably be some sort of holiday allowance for people on benefits. These people have human rights you know.

xD

• Bogged 1
  • Lol 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, SpectrumFX said:

There'll probably be some sort of holiday allowance for people on benefits. These people have human rights you know.

xD

They have more rights than those standing on their own two feet, that’s for sure. 

• Agree 3

19 minutes ago, Axeman123 said:

Road maintenance has been failing for a long time in the UK. I think the next stage will be traffic signals being switched off to save energy, or left unrepaired after failing. Similarly maybe we will see minor foot and road bridges just cordoned off indefinitely once repairs come due.

Just a general third world meets health and safety theme.

The roads is a good call, AFAIK there is still a pretence that potholes might be repaired, but it's really not fooling anyone anymore.

My personal event horizon will be rubbish collections. Around here they've already gone onto fortnightly collections, started missing out as many bins as they can and given up emptying litter bins. It won't be long before they either go on strike or get sacked, then it's a matter of time before the locals discover how much easier and more fun it is to pile up garbage in the street and burn it for warmth. 

That's it then, this is India, game on.

• Agree 5
  • Lol 6

M S E Refugee

With excess deaths running at 1500 per week I am buying Dignity to add to my US funeral provider Service Corporation International.

I'm also buying more Begbies Traynor who deal with liquidation of businesses amongst other things.

Unhappy New Year!

• Informative 2
  • Lol 4
  • Cheers 2

1 hour ago, One percent said:

They will,but i doubt the thousands of southern benefit claiments who keep moving north and renting will be buying them.It will cut off all of those moving north so the sooner it happens the better.Of course the worry is the local ALMOS start buying them.

Edited by DurhamBorn
  • Agree 2
  • Informative 2