DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 5)

spunko

geordie_lurch
5 hours ago, reformed nice guy said:

To throw in an anecdote, a private business that I know about that I never expected to go under (big margins) has went into administration, being sold as a going concern. "Cash flow difficulties".

What sector @reformed nice guy

Edited by geordie_lurch

HousePriceMania
12 hours ago, DurhamBorn said:

Interesting to see in what order things collapse.So far dentists and the NHS could be counted as gone,what next?.Care homes?.BTL sector so millions looking to rent but nothing there?

Web Forum hosting....O.o

• Bogged 1

15 minutes ago, Starsend said:

I've noticed a massive disintegration of the roads recently, far worse than I've ever seen.

Same here in Surrey. I've never seen it so bad. I drop my speed right down and am often weaving to avoid the holes. Those council Agile Delivery and NHS Lived Experience managers might be useful after all? A bit soft and squishy but would keep some holes filled for a few days perhaps.

• Agree 1
  • Lol 5

I've also noticed some weird shit with road closures over the last year, like they've just given up and don't give a fuck anymore.

I've flown back into Gatwick twice, both times the roads are a fucking disgrace. One time, the M25 was down to one lane for miles and miles, the M4 was shut and the M3 was shut wtf. Who in their right mind would close the M4 and the M3 at the same time!

Locally I've noticed they now just shut main roads and don't bother putting diversion signs out causing absolute chaos.

• Agree 7
  • Lol 1

15 minutes ago, Starsend said:

I've noticed a massive disintegration of the roads recently, far worse than I've ever seen.

Villages could become essentially inacessable without at least a faux 4x4, with bigger wheels/ground clearance/suspension travel (eg 2wd Dacia Duster). Just a little bit more third world leaking in to our reality. This would presumably further stratify the countryside as a place for people with money. In time it might even become a parish council policy to keep council estate marauders in Vauxhall Corsas away (although Pikies tend to have off-roaders already). 

At some point we will probably start seeing actual permanent street signs appear acknowledging that this is the new officially accepted level of things. So for instance, "poor road surface, use at own risk" might become a common sight on less travelled B roads. Similar might appear next to pavements that are never going to be fixed, and perhaps "road prone to flooding" or "underpass prone to flooding" will get the same treatment. In effect: "We know its fucked, but we have no plans to fix it".

• Agree 9
  • Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Axeman123 said:

Villages could become essentially inacessable without at least a faux 4x4, with bigger wheels/ground clearance/suspension travel (eg 2wd Dacia Duster). Just a little bit more third world leaking in to our reality. This would presumably further stratify the countryside as a place for people with money. In time it might even become a parish council policy to keep council estate marauders in Vauxhall Corsas away (although Pikies tend to have off-roaders already). 

At some point we will probably start seeing actual permanent street signs appear acknowledging that this is the new officially accepted level of things. So for instance, "poor road surface, use at own risk" might become a common sight on less travelled B roads. Similar might appear next to pavements that are never going to be fixed, and perhaps "road prone to flooding" or "underpass prone to flooding" will get the same treatment. In effect: "We know its fucked, but we have no plans to fix it".

My partner uses a Duster at work,she does nurse calls out into Weardale and Teessdale over the tops windy moor roads etc

Gave up my motorbikes a couple of years ago. Mainly because I'm an old fart but it was no pleasure in constantly looking for potholes. Now everytime a bike passes me in the dark I think another organ doner. 

Although I think some sort of collapse is on its way l won't think it's due till we get massive layoffs. Perhaps a thread can be started where redundancy numbers can be collated. Think some TV channel had a rolling list in the last recession.

At the moment I only know of two people made redundant and that was from a company that had no hope 10years ago.

Edited by Bilbo
  • Agree 1
  • Informative 1

Bobthebuilder
26 minutes ago, Axeman123 said:

595707380_IMG_20230104_104002(2).thumb.jpg.da335b0d7a18d4ec8720765c14870c8b.jpg

• Lol 3

30 minutes ago, Axeman123 said:

At some point we will probably start seeing actual permanent street signs appear acknowledging that this is the new officially accepted level of things

This is what you used to see routinely in France in the 70s and 80s. A sign saying "Chaussée déformée" meaning busted up piece of road but Gallic Shrug.

• Informative 1

M S E Refugee
26 minutes ago, Bilbo said:

Gave up my motorbikes a couple of years ago. Mainly because I'm an old fart but it was no pleasure in constantly looking for potholes. Now everytime a bike passes me in the dark I think another organ doner. 

Although I think some sort of collapse is on its way l won't think it's due till we get massive layoffs. Perhaps a thread can be started where redundancy numbers can be collated. Think some TV channel had a rolling list in the last recession.

At the moment I only know of two people made redundant and that was from a company that had no hope 10years ago.

I can remember on the ITN News at 10 every Friday Night during the 80's recession Sandy Gall or Alastair Burnet had a Counter that would show how many jobs had been lost and how many jobs had been created.

Amazingly Sandy Gall is still with us!

Edited by M S E Refugee
  • Agree 6
  • Informative 1
  • Cheers 3

43 minutes ago, Axeman123 said:

Inevitable in time unless something changes drastically.

I bet they manage to maintain the speed cameras though.

• Agree 5

37 minutes ago, Bilbo said:

I know of two who were told they were being made redundant in December, def seems to be picking up pace.

• Informative 1

UK Food price inflation hits new high of 13.3%

UK food price inflation hit a new high of 13.3% in December as the price of basics such as pasta and tinned food shot up.

The price of food for shoppers increased by 13.3% in the year to December, up from 12.4% in the year to November, according to the latest BRC-NielsenIQ shop price index.

Fresh foods led the increase in prices – with inflation rising to 15% from 14.3% in November – with the British Retail Consortium trade body warning that the figure “is the highest inflation rate in the fresh food category on record.”

The price of ambient food, such as pasta and tinned food, increased 11% in December against the same month a year earlier.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/food-price-inflation-hits-new-high-000149011.html

• Agree 1
  • Informative 3

bloody weird, I just mentioned the shite uk roads on another thread and came here to see you all whinging about em too.......must be ESP kickin in again xD in other news deflation is rampant :P

FlnxeGmXkAAM2No.png

• Cheers 1