DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 6)

spunko

3 minutes ago, Starsend said:

Perhaps a price worth paying.

I remember when they smashed rates down to near zero for years, my brother was on a tracker, his mortgage payments were laughable, £150 a month or something like that for a nice place. I was paying £800 a month to rent a worse place. That lasted for years. Don't remember a big song and dance about how us poor peasant renters should be helped out with free money.

Well now the boots on the other foot, no mortgage, no rent, just savings - payback's a bitch motherfuckers.

To my brother's credit he did pay his mortgage off while he was gifted such low rates.

I actually worked 20 out of 28 nights so a 60 hour week once I got a lodger I cut it down to 18 ie 54 hours.towards the end I was knocking 6 months of my morgage off a month.I let a nurse at work make the final overpayment 

• Agree 1
  • Cheers 2

Chewing Grass
6 minutes ago, belfastchild said:

Yes, I think thats the difference. I remember buying this house and not taking a holiday other than visiting family/relatives in England for 3 years afterwards. Shitting it about coming off the 2 year fix and rates being higher (which they were). Another 2 year fix and started saving again, only to get oil central heating in etc etc.

Young couple who bought a few doors up from me last year dont seem to have been affected by this at all. He does work all the hours god sends though and she works ft from home too. On their third foreign holiday this year (fair play to them, kids are not at school yet).
Will probably be around this time next year that their deal is up.

My kids were strictly told by me to take the longest fix they could get, the middle one is fixed to 2025 will have to ask the oldest how long his lasts.

• Agree 2
  • Informative 1
  • Cheers 5

6 minutes ago, King Penda said:

I actually worked 20 out of 28 nights so a 60 hour week once I got a lodger I cut it down to 18 ie 54 hours.towards the end I was knocking 6 months of my morgage off a month.I let a nurse at work make the final overpayment 

I'd like to understand the pros and cons of getting a lodger as the £7.5k/year + interest in savings + bennies is liveable for me, if I get binned in the £130k job 

Edited by Stuey
  • Lol 2

3 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

My kids were strictly told by me to take the longest fix they could get, the middle one is fixed to 2025 will have to ask the oldest how long his lasts.

Good parenting! ‘25 will come around quick mind..

• Agree 3

PaulParanoia

I'm thinking about parking some of the cash in my SIPP in UK Gilts.  I'm not 100% certain how they work though.  

Taking 'TREASURY 5% 07/03/2025 (TR25) GILT' as an example.  It's currently selling for £99.69 with a 5.011% yield (clearly 5% / price).  What I don't understand though is how much is paid out on the maturity date 07/03/2025.  I'm assuming it's £100.  However, I wouldn't want to go in with a bad assumption and find I get less back than expected.

Can any of you clever chaps on here clear this up for me please? 

• Agree 1
  • Bogged 1

Milfhunter2021
23 minutes ago, King Penda said:

This is glorious news the worse the uk gets the fewer immigrants will go there to live. I doubt Albania has an imigration problem has an example. Got to look at the posatives milfy

I really like you my friend .... you always see the good side ... 

100% agree as usual . 

• Agree 1
  • Lol 1

1 minute ago, Milfhunter2021 said:

I really like you my friend .... you always see the good side ... 

100% agree as usual . 

It’s the only way we will get any real change.ie hit rock bottom.

• Agree 8

10 minutes ago, Stuey said:

I'd like to understand the pros and cons of getting a lodger as the £7.5k/year + interest in savings + bennies is liveable for me, if I get binned in the £130k job 

I fucked his mum.it’s Malibu woman.you don’t tell the council and just pocket the cash .get a working lodger that stops the heating being on all winter.you probably have to much in savings for uc but you could get carers

Edited by King Penda
  • Lol 1

11 minutes ago, King Penda said:

I fucked his mum.it’s Malibu woman.you don’t tell the council and just pocket the cash .get a working lodger that stops the heating being on all winter.you probably have to much in savings for uc but you could get carers

I can get New JSA (for six months I think) which is contributions based 

• Agree 2

Yellow_Reduced_Sticker
1 hour ago, King Penda said:

Fuck them all. I don’t wish morgage holders any ill will.but they got stress tested they would need to be a retard to expect interest rates to stay so low.it’s well documented on here how I did 54 hours every week and knocked every penny off my morgage.only buying new windows and doors and boiler after I’d paid it off. If a retard like me can see the danger I’ve fuck all sympathy 

Yep 100% AGREE!

...now getting back to the theme of this GLORIOUS thread, with todays 0.50% IR increase, has there been a spike in listings on vivastreet?!:D

leggy.jpg.f483c81c4215899b82397d90927f5e14.jpg

• Lol 5
  • Cheers 2

2 hours ago, Lightly Toasted said:

It's important to align feel-good/feel-bad stories with narrative-compliant racial stereotyping, in order to encourage the required positive and negative feelings about the races concerned.

Yes. Also, why buy products from any company that is racially profiling you? Tbh viewing those types of adverts makes me feel somehow unclean and dirty.

But then perhaps my views have always been on the radical side in regard to advertising (and political) manipulation techniques and the nefarious psychology it gleefully deploys. I'd be happy for 'modern consumer advertising' (yes I know that requires defining, but not a topic for this thread) to be banned - because for me it is a form of propaganda that appears to be mysteriously tolerated, celebrated even.

...Ok this is how zealously against I am... My latest pet peeve is the increasing over-use of slow-motion (not to capture a special effect; but just normal images slowed down, of people walking, smiling gormlessly at viewer, etc) in TV adverts and in TV news reporting - has anyone else noticed this trend, or is it just me being cantakerous?

• Agree 5
  • Informative 2
  • Lol 1

7 minutes ago, Yellow_Reduced_Sticker said:

Yep 100% AGREE!

...now getting back to the theme of this GLORIOUS thread, with todays 0.50% IR increase, has there been a spike in listings on vivastreet?!:D

leggy.jpg.f483c81c4215899b82397d90927f5e14.jpg

Well 136 is still the record .I will monitor it and wait for a large rise

• Informative 3
  • Lol 2
  • Cheers 2

9 minutes ago, TNS said:

I took a 10 year fix at 2.4% ish in 2018, regretted it for a while, do i fuck now though!

don't forget ESA too as recommended by @DurhamBorn !

Is clown alcoholism sufficient for ESA?

• Agree 1
  • Cheers 2

On the brightside for most people fuel prices are droping (I’d not care if they stayed the same I enjoy the country’s collective misery).they are in for a shock if they think I’m going to use that much fuel a year the kids are not here now .

6ED9AA6D-3F88-4858-8665-A4162603FFEC.png

C6ED0623-DD42-48A0-8ED6-343398D1B743.png

• Informative 1

1 hour ago, Milfhunter2021 said:

unlike Britain , the EU has an economy ... 

lets face it your exports are "finance" which produces literally nothing 

Education which produces literally nothing 

Both of which are easily overtaken in the long term future .. 

Spain, Italy and Greece still produce an item ... and more importantly are not run by Jewish Bankers . 

those economies are growing quicker than the UK also .... example is below ... by 2030 Poland will have a better economy than the UK .. 

I'm sorry you cannot see it but ... the UK is the new Romania ,,,, it was Europe propping up the UK not the other way around. 

image.png.b95c4a760c7db0a7f645c0be9ace5244.png

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1773005/guy-hands-poland-gdp-richer-britain

I can see it. I wrote exactly that - the UK is up shit creek economically. Pretty much everyone on this thread agrees. I just don't see why you think EU membership is the answer. I'll ask again, and try to answer without posting a link that nobody will read, without arguing points on which people already agree with you, and without mentioning how fucking brilliant the EU is for Germany. We know all that. What you've not explained is:

If the EU is such a success, why are some of the EU's biggest economies doing worse by all the measures you posted than the UK?

• Agree 4

3 hours ago, ThoughtCriminal said:

I put milf hunter on ignore as soon as I saw its first post.

My cunt detector never fails.

His misguided goose-stepping guff was certainly repetitive, over-bearing and ceaseless...   I can't be sure, but I think he was trying to convey the idea that his personal 'world-view' could go on to last for 1000 years!!??

Edited by JMD
  • Lol 8

Milfhunter2021
13 minutes ago, AWW said:

I can see it. I wrote exactly that - the UK is up shit creek economically. Pretty much everyone on this thread agrees. I just don't see why you think EU membership is the answer. I'll ask again, and try to answer without posting a link that nobody will read, without arguing points on which people already agree with you, and without mentioning how fucking brilliant the EU is for Germany. We know all that. What you've not explained is:

If the EU is such a success, why are some of the EU's biggest economies doing worse by all the measures you posted than the UK?

Some EU countries , not all .. 

but those EU economies are growing , like Poland . 

Some need tourism (which has fucked them) like Italy , Spain ... but they will recover . 

France for example has large borrowing like the UK ... they are not recoverable . 

• Agree 1

Milfhunter2021
13 minutes ago, DurhamBorn said:

The UK has serious problems,systemic ones,but the idea we dont export anything is ludicrous.I worked in a block with 9 rooms,those rooms were around 20 foot by 20 foot each,in those rooms 8 of us produced to the value of over £1billion a year,more profit than over 1000 Chinese factories.If i run a circle 14 miles out around my house we have one of the biggest drug producers in the world,the biggest PVC chemical plant,the biggest face mask plant,the biggest diesel engine plant,two of the biggest heavy machinery plants (CAT and Komatsu) two of the biggest car parts plants,one of the biggest military chip plants for drones,one of the biggest train manufacturing plants,one of the biggest jet paint plants,the biggest garden mower plant,the biggest worktop plant,the biggest kitchen factory,the biggest industrial lighting factory,one of the biggest cardboard box factories,and many many more,within 14 miles of my house,thats not even taking in the biggest chemical areas in Teesside of cars in Wearside.

The UK still produces huge amounts,and has one of the best manufacturing sectors in the world,the fact the polos are useless is a different issue.The reason sterling has not collapsed yet is because our balance of trade is improving,its about all that is,but it is.

Poland is doing well,but all economies have sweet spots when they re tool etc.

Both Germany and the UK would be doing far better if they has not imported a load of dross from around the world.

One thing we wont be able to sell to Germans is style though,they are a scruffy bunch,last time i was in Amsterdam a group my age (then late 40s) were trying to chat up some Slovak women .They were dressed in baggy,faded Def Leppard T shits,mullet hair,jeans 3 sizes too big and too long,pale thin arms covered in hair.I must admit though they did make it very easy for me and my mates,those girls looked like we had saved them from hell when i walked over and said "sorry to interupt,but i wondered if you would like to join us",

English John Smedley Bobby 1,Germany Def Leppard T shirt 0 .

The English "Classy " .... laughing a Nation of Dads Army wannabees .... laughing .. 

your dicks are officially smaller too .. like your brains ... 

31 minutes ago, DurhamBorn said:

The UK has serious problems,systemic ones,but the idea we dont export anything is ludicrous.I worked in a block with 9 rooms,those rooms were around 20 foot by 20 foot each,in those rooms 8 of us produced to the value of over £1billion a year,more profit than over 1000 Chinese factories.If i run a circle 14 miles out around my house we have one of the biggest drug producers in the world,the biggest PVC chemical plant,the biggest face mask plant,the biggest diesel engine plant,two of the biggest heavy machinery plants (CAT and Komatsu) two of the biggest car parts plants,one of the biggest military chip plants for drones,one of the biggest train manufacturing plants,one of the biggest jet paint plants,the biggest garden mower plant,the biggest worktop plant,the biggest kitchen factory,the biggest industrial lighting factory,one of the biggest cardboard box factories,and many many more,within 14 miles of my house,thats not even taking in the biggest chemical areas in Teesside of cars in Wearside.

The UK still produces huge amounts,and has one of the best manufacturing sectors in the world,the fact the polos are useless is a different issue.The reason sterling has not collapsed yet is because our balance of trade is improving,its about all that is,but it is.

Poland is doing well,but all economies have sweet spots when they re tool etc.

Both Germany and the UK would be doing far better if they has not imported a load of dross from around the world.

One thing we wont be able to sell to Germans is style though,they are a scruffy bunch,last time i was in Amsterdam a group my age (then late 40s) were trying to chat up some Slovak women .They were dressed in baggy,faded Def Leppard T shits,mullet hair,jeans 3 sizes too big and too long,pale thin arms covered in hair.I must admit though they did make it very easy for me and my mates,those girls looked like we had saved them from hell when i walked over and said "sorry to interupt,but i wondered if you would like to join us",

English John Smedley Bobby 1,Germany Def Leppard T shirt 0 .

My actual home village has jcb.and staffordshire or I should say the north bit of it very often has 3 of Britains richest people in it .by that metric it’s punching well above its weight

• Agree 2

HousePriceMania
3 minutes ago, King Penda said:

My actual home village has jcb.and staffordshire or I should say the north bit of it very often has 3 of Britains richest people in it .by that metric it’s punching well above its weight

Is the glue factory still in Stafford ?

• Lol 1