DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

The Friday punt

BWW

full time scores:

me down 200 quid

chancellor cunt up 45 quid ( his is guaranteed too)

dog shitting blood, 3 lots since we came out making 6 today.

provided the dog is better by next week, i dont care about the rest.

but as per my rules i am adding extra time so we'll see what next week does.

• Bogged 1
  • Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, nirvana said:

you're mad buying today, markets been a sell since CPI yesterday.....

Disclaimer: I don't follow UK market particularly :P

- haha just checked the price, it's down and I didn't cheat......I just knew from Nasdaq behaviour.....probability Mr Gambler, probability :D

well in total i'm up on the day. the oil gains exceed the total of losses on rhe rest.

• Cheers 1

some nice looking blokes there.

Get some catroot in the dog, bung him/her up a bit.

Edited by leonardratso

11 minutes ago, nirvana said:

that's Shiba Inu bruv....

Inu is Jap for dog......

and shiba is jap for shitting.

shitting dog in french.

3 hours ago, Stuey said:

It's interesting though.

My favourite anecdotes about something I noticed while trading prompt power (very short term as in 30 to 360 minutes ahead).

1) models would use Cloud Cover forecasts to predict demand from electric lighting. Good Science, right? Throw it into the model and forget about it.

However, fog is (correctly) classed as zero cloud cover as it is suspended vapour rather than formed clouds. But in reality acts as 100% cloud cover. But the models using algo weather models don't know that.

Therefore ahead of time I would go long electricity when fog was forecast. All those models would be expecting low demand. Instead people put their lights on as it was gloomy. Fog still causes system issues. 

1-0 @Stuey

2) novice traders would be put on shift 23rd Dec to 3rd January (as the experienced had booked leave before they started). They'd have stricter risk policies.

To be within the risk policies they'd trade at extremely minimal +ve expected P&L. But with high volatility. I'd take the slight -ve at the right times and clean up.

2-0 @Stuey

3) Rainfall. Weather-energy models don't really use this well and usually ignore it. They tend to focus on i) temperature, ii) wind chill, iii) solar gain. Other stuff is right down the list right?

But a persistently rainy day wicks away heat from buildings.

I spotted a trend that rainy days in London led to increased power demand. Why London? It's obviously a bit power user, but also the skyscraper bodyskin is a huge area to wick away heat from.

If I saw a persistently rainy day in the south in a couple of days, again I went long.

3-0 @Stuey

Sure I have more but this is why I am on £163k. 

sounds like you're more of a weather analyst, why pretend to be a trader

• Lol 1

20 minutes ago, ashestoashes said:

sounds like you're more of a weather analyst, why pretend to be a trader

Hes an anal-yst.

• Lol 2

2 hours ago, Bobthebuilder said:

He was probably implying that he earns 167K in a job, he is so good at trading that he needs a full time job for income.

Wish someone would pay me £3200 a week to talk shit.

I talk shit for far less

• Agree 2
  • Lol 1

side bet, just purchased ca 10k of ashm.

not a day trade but attempt to trade the downward channel. see my post from fri on ashm. Harley upvoted it so must be on the right track.

strategy ... its on the low side of the channel so hold until it hits the topside line and sell for a fastish buck.

buy justnow at 171.35 or 172.3 including c.cunts grAbbing on behalf of govscroungers.

at this rate you may get a free pint or 2 out of it, or lose a car, either way the dinghy divers can crank the heating up to 25 deg C.

now up 100+ so could cash out with todays aim of gettin more than c.cunt met.

getting fridays start price ... not there yet.

suspect if i let it run its going up more although shares like abdn dont usually move more than 3% in a day.

in the spirit of my own rules ought to close the friday punt today since i can do so at a profit.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, leonardratso said:

should have done spol for a day trade

A. Picking something that's already gone up and posting after the event is not an allowable cheat.

B. i dont hold any spol, its not friday, and any number of reasons  why it doesnt fit my criteria in op.

Todays allowable cheat ... I should be cashing out here with 130 profit according to the plan in op but I reckon it'll go up again tomorrow so I'm gonna wait.

27 minutes ago, BWW said:

A. Picking something that's already gone up and posting after the event is not an allowable cheat.

B. i dont hold any spol, its not friday, and any number of reasons  why it doesnt fit my criteria in op.

Todays allowable cheat ... I should be cashing out here with 130 profit according to the plan in op but I reckon it'll go up again tomorrow so I'm gonna wait.

Golden rule, don't get greedy :D

• Lol 1

Bobthebuilder
5 hours ago, BWW said:

side bet, just purchased ca 10k of ashm.

6 hours ago, BWW said:

yay i could sell for a profit .... 20 quid note.

I know you are trading these, but you have got these with a 9% to 10% divi.

2 hours ago, Bobthebuilder said:

I know you are trading these, but you have got these with a 9% to 10% divi.

well abdn i hold anyway. if it plummets i will justhold the extra shares and then gett he divvie. that was partof the selection criteria in op.

side bet ashm i intend to trade the downward channel so when it hits the top of the channel i will sell. if an ex dev date comes i'll get the div. actually ashm i will probably only sell after its hit the top trendline and turned back down. long term id like to hold some but would prefer to wait with lth until trend has turned.

anyway this thread as title implies is sort of lighthearted and play afaiac. learning play maybe.

unless it plummets will sell the abdn tomorrow so i can play again friday. :)

• Cheers 1