DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

The Friday punt

BWW

3 hours ago, TNS said:

Golden rule, don't get greedy :D

towards end of day could have taken 199 profit so greedy worked first few hours. may be down 4k tomorrow .. paper loss in that case wont sell ... cest la vie who cares?

one of the things i like about this vague qualitative system with a bit of both human and dog random thrown in is that its not a system you could program a computer to do.

Edited by BWW
eta. do you hold shel ? all time highs. selling or not ??

7 hours ago, TNS said:

Couldn't resist partaking and dumped mine for a quick £80 profit, beer tokens :D 

well I had resolved to sell with the lower profit end of today just to play the game.

But then I headed out with the dog and had a series of minor disasters. First couldnt lock my car after dumping some stuff in it. Assuming it was the fob, headed in to get the spare and the safe woulnt open. Finally finding the key and trying the code one last time, safe opened fine. Not the fob turns out I left a light on so battery which is on life support anyway is flat. Car parked across road but could get away with a quick charge in early hours. But I didnt bring the charger with me. grr Locking the car manually one door at a time headed off with dog who seems to only half recovered from trots. solid bits followed by gloop. Two bags and the second one had a HOLE. grrr Back again to wash my hands and the trio or so of mishaps is done.

Ordered a jump starter from topdon 2000v on amazon direct and picked up a load of dvds from the charity shop end of walk ... complete blackadder collectors ed for 2.50 .. bargain or not?

Not clockwatching so was back at 4.35. close price would give me 52 quid profit down from 200 yesterday so will my disasters give me luck tomorrow?

Edited by BWW
more importantly did you .. anyone sell shel?
  • Agree 1

12 minutes ago, BWW said:

well I had resolved to sell with the lower profit end of today just to play the game.

But then I headed out with the dog and had a series of minor disasters. First couldnt lock my car after dumping some stuff in it. Assuming it was the fob, headed in to get the spare and the safe woulnt open. Finally finding the key and trying the code one last time, safe opened fine. Not the fob turns out I left a light on so battery which is on life support anyway is flat. Car parked across road but could get away with a quick charge in early hours. But I didnt bring the charger with me. grr Locking the car manually one door at a time headed off with dog who seems to only half recovered from trots. solid bits followed by gloop. Two bags and the second one had a HOLE. grrr Back again to wash my hands and the trio or so of mishaps is done.

Ordered a jump starter from topdon 2000v on amazon direct and picked up a load of dvds from the charity shop end of walk ... complete blackadder collectors ed for 2.50 .. bargain or not?

Not clockwatching so was back at 4.35. close price would give me 52 quid profit down from 200 yesterday so will my disasters give me luck tomorrow?

What a day 🤣 hopefully it'll rally to pay for the charger!

Bobthebuilder
1 hour ago, BWW said:

Sounds like it is turning into a long term hold. ;)

Good job you got that 10% divi.

Edited by Bobthebuilder

2 hours ago, TNS said:

What a day 🤣 hopefully it'll rally to pay for the charger!

Yeah the point was when its not a trading system programmed into a computer then stuff gets in the way.

Didnt realise  you bought in as well. Reason it fell today seems to be a combination of jup reporting aum another 0.5 to 1% down .. market reduced their price by almost 10 % plus an rns that abdn were buying their own shares all day yesterday as part of a buyback so guess mr market decides that will have inflated the price too far and it needs to correct down.

silly buggers should have bought friday, was cheaper :Jumping:.

3 minutes ago, BWW said:

Yeah the point was when its not a trading system programmed into a computer then stuff gets in the way.

Didnt realise  you bought in as well. Reason it fell today seems to be a combination of jup reporting aum another 0.5 to 1% down .. market reduced their price by almost 10 % plus an rns that abdn were buying their own shares all day yesterday as part of a buyback so guess mr market decides that will have inflated the price too far and it needs to correct down.

silly buggers should have bought friday, was cheaper :Jumping:.

Yep, it's rigged hence the bail. I hate the system hence the first time I've ever played it. You actually opened my eyes to the bullshit of it all.

18 hours ago, Bobthebuilder said:

Sounds like it is turning into a long term hold. ;)

Good job you got that 10% divi.

studiously (not) ignoring this today. looks like you may be right ...  or not.

• Lol 2
  • Cheers 1

Scoring rule for this game will be if I still hold thurs night because i'm choosing to hold ( part of the plan in op if market moves against me), I'll score the result then.

Result therefore 0-2 down 410 loss.

( 0-1 as was down on fri eve, 0-1 as was down at end).

Eventually noticed that abdn have been doing buybacks every single day for a few weeks. therefore pricr was not trader driven but as TNS says effectively rigged but not in a corrupt way. Lesson need to glance at lse for rns or other reason for price moves.Oh and take the profit when its there/dont be greedy :).

Today, nothing in my list moving significantly against weekly trend realy. Tempted to buy more tga (wouldnt mind some more anyway) but that's just a normal bit of volatility for tga and it's been flattish all week so doesnt really meet criteria in my op.

• Informative 1

Quick look at this today. Dont really have time and nothing stands out as meeting my criteria from op.

best option would be to sell some shel. problem is i dont want to redyce my holding in shel so if mr market moves against me (again), i am not happy tohold position.

also shel announced they executed buybacks yestetday so market price is rigged or at least not natural and cba to investigate vol vs regular vol.

for this thread, i'll inagibe a fantasy trade sell 10k shel )intending to buy back cheaper.

360 at 2761 less cost = 9930.

10 hours ago, BWW said:

Quick look at this today. Dont really have time and nothing stands out as meeting my criteria from op.

best option would be to sell some shel. problem is i dont want to redyce my holding in shel so if mr market moves against me (again), i am not happy tohold position.

also shel announced they executed buybacks yestetday so market price is rigged or at least not natural and cba to investigate vol vs regular vol.

for this thread, i'll inagibe a fantasy trade sell 10k shel )intending to buy back cheaper.

360 at 2761 less cost = 9930.

fantasy trade was up end of day or rather shel price was down so i coudda woudda shudda bought back

360 at 27.005 plus cost = 9780.

i make that 50 for ccunt, 150 for me. scored as a win1-0

totals

real 0-2 -410

fantasy 1-0 +150

aggregate 1-2 -260

• Cheers 1

Has to be an imaginary punt again today as wont be available to sell in the aft.

Wouldn't mind a few more ids (royal mail) and were down 2.15% at 10am.

Imaginary buy 4000 at 255  plus costs = 10,260.

Meanwhile my greedy choice to hold the abdn 3 weeks ago has had patience added and now up 434. side punt ashm has gone exdiv so some divs to come and is up  51 on top.

greed and patience the winning combo or should i call that luck?

who knows an app that will keep track of this and auto record divs?

• 2 weeks later...

1400 mro at 522.

rising in a channel all week. now flat. may hit 540 again so few pct profit. std rules as op will update previous trades later.

also considered mars, has moved against trend but is for a reason today so sitonmehands ... replaced ceo with immediate effect with ex merlin chap suggests new direction.

Edited by BWW
eta buy mro for clarity

Didnt come back inside until after close but this did nothing so was down vosts+ at end of play and even if I'd have seen it would have held.

0-1 loss today. Hopefully will close that position next week. I dont actually want more MRO ( just fancied a fllutter). Was planning to sell what I hold ( defence israel etc ugh).

Previous ficticious trade was evens at end of day inc cists so am scoring it 0-0.

adding todays real 0-1 but no amount yet:

totals

real 0-3 -410

fantasy 1-0 +150

aggregate 1-3 -260

stuff i held +1.035 (5%)

ashm +328
abdn +707

Edited by BWW
eta mars would havw gained me 1.5% so maybe my choices shoukd be taken as cobtrarian indicator. although i still wouldnt have been back in time to take the profit.