DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 8)

spunko

26 minutes ago, Lightly Toasted said:

He's a sophist, e.g.

We would never describe deposits with a bank as a threat to its viability and something that they must urgently pay back or limit in amount. So, in that case, why on earth are we saying that about this national savings bank?

He must be aware of bank runs, where the fact that there were deposits (and depositors demanding them back) ended the bank. He must be aware that banks can't sustainably use deposits to cover the wage bill or to fund freebies for favoured groups.

Now, I won't deny that he's stupid but I still think he's got a different (wrecking) agenda.

He's an attention seeker. He has no political influence, and no political power. However, through engagement with his guff he becomes part of the false dialectic that enables our 'centrist' political idiocy.

As with hardcore libertarians, commies, gold-bugs, eco-loons and many others, it allows Westminster to point to a fringe position and claim the 'sensible' centre-ground. They can bundle up the valid elements of truth within those positions (ie confidence systems cannot be measured in the same way other systems can) with the extreme aspects of those positions (ie we can direct our entire national output into self-indulgence, decadence and waste). Valid critique can then be dismissed as fringe lunacy with minimal rhetorical effort.

He (most likely unwittingly) throws smoke over the target. In return, engagement on his guff promotes his brand and helps him accrue status/sinecures/fees. 

He's a waste of time.

• Agree 8
  • Informative 1

ashestoashes

maybe Germany will hive off the afd supporting former eastern bit to Russia so that they can get cheap gas and all the energy intensive industry can relocate there

• Agree 2

Noallegiance
36 minutes ago, Plan-b said:

The Military Industrial Complex laid out by RFK jr. Taking the emotion out of investing may allow you to invest in the main player mentioned here - maybe.

A fascinating subject whether true or not.

He sounds very nervous

• Agree 4

18 minutes ago, Noallegiance said:

He sounds very nervous

He has some sort of health condition which affects his voice.

• Agree 4

22 minutes ago, Lightscribe said:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/us/politics/2024/02/11/joe-biden-age-legitimate-issue-says-hillary-clinton/

729375118.265577public.thumb.jpeg.a3030e377a9b7904f5a856c00aef2db3.jpeg

You see when the narrative changes by those with vested interests…

and when you start to see the narrative starting to change being pushed by the media on these shores…

729375272.213712public.thumb.jpeg.6b8b939aed14ade740cfd24fa3702f24.jpeg

You know we’re being set up to reach a ‘certain’ destination. 

That’s why I make bets like this to show up it up for the farce for what it is.

729375969.896101public.thumb.jpeg.c68bfe9b72ac3f7a6b252671324e8d17.jpeg

Just a week ago this was a conspiracy theory by the far right however.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/michelle-obama-biden-karl-rove-b2492483.html

Are you going to cash that one early, or hold it to the end?

If the US machine wants war, a 'contained' Trump presidency would seem to best serve their needs. Although the place is so nuts that anything's possible.

• Agree 1

Lightscribe
8 minutes ago, marceau said:

Are you going to cash that one early, or hold it to the end?

If the US machine wants war, a 'contained' Trump presidency would seem to best serve their needs. Although the place is so nuts that anything's possible.

Im going to cash out as soon as she’s nominated. It’s a close call however to hold.

Trump is a cert to win, but I don’t think he will be ‘allowed’ to win. Ukraine funding would stop overnight and peace talks with Russia would entail. That’s not in the playbook.

• Agree 8
  • Informative 2
  • Cheers 1

Democorruptcy
8 hours ago, Castlevania said:

More clown takes from Richard Murphy with regards to Rishi Sunak’s tax return. He seems to think that people would willingly pay 57% tax and not fuck off offshore.

Hunt's tax:

jezza.jpg

• Informative 1

Democorruptcy
8 hours ago, Noallegiance said:

My parents informed me that a house we nearly rented at £1600pm a year ago has been put on the market for £550k.

Assuming a 10% deposit and 25 years:

At a 4.5% it's £2750pm

Total repayment £826,087

At 6% it's £3190pm

Total repayment £957,967

These figures are a fucking joke.

If I borrowed £100k it would be £556pm to repay £167,683.

Prices this high, along with the well-documented (here) government theft and spending have destroyed what could be a humming British real economy. Imagine the available liquidity without what's been done to us for the last 30 years.

Over 25 years? How quaint. Try at least 40.

• Agree 2

33 minutes ago, Lightscribe said:

Im going to cash out as soon as she’s nominated. It’s a close call however to hold.

Trump is a cert to win, but I don’t think he will be ‘allowed’ to win. Ukraine funding would stop overnight and peace talks with Russia would entail. That’s not in the playbook.

Then again he seems to offer a larger new front with China.  Time to move on says the law of marginal returns, according to Pareto.

• Agree 2
  • Lol 1

Noallegiance
49 minutes ago, sancho panza said:

as @DurhamBorn cosnider a nice range of equities.Maybe DB could add a few to the lsit below.As ever,thanks for rpviding this wodnerful bastion of free speech.I've learned so mcuh down here .mor than I ever did at school.

obviously dyor etc but maybe(at todays prices or thereabouts).I've specifically focused on where I think tehre's value in the amrekt and related the purchase size to percevied value hence eg BAts holding 2x size IMPs,If IMPs were lower on a value basis,Id skew towards them instead.

Baccy              

10% BATs

5% IMPs =15%

oil

10% BP

4% Shell

3% Harbour=17%

EMs

10% SEDY

3% IBZL

3% BRLA

3% TEI=19%

Potash

2% Nutrien

2% Yara

2% Incitec Pivot

2% K&S=8%

Telecoms

BT 2%

Orange 3%

Proximus 2%

AT&T 2%

Telefonica 5%

Vod 5%=19%

Goldies/Extractive

Newmont 5%

Sibanye 3%

Barrick 3%

Ecora(royalty streamer) 2%

Fres 2%=15%

All in all thats 93%.Some of these have very decent ,sustaianble divis.there's risk but then terhe's risk sat in sterling getting 5% interest while CPI runs at 5% and the real rate of inflation runs at 7%.

jsut soem ideas

If I can be of any help PM me.

Ambo goes to a lot of 'frequent fliers'.In fact NHS does.

Huge amounts of moeny are utterly wasted by the top down management style that's motivated by politcal posturing rather than patient care/societal health otucomes.

Take the coof.Senior manamgenet loved the theatre of it.People who in a free market would sink into anonymity were able to tell 98% of the population what they could do and when,that they had to mask their smiles etc.Cue power trip.Then we find out it had the fatality rate of flu and that the dance videos were jsut some sort of bizarre cult display because clincians had no patients because errrrr....it wasnt a global pandemic by any traditiaonl measure.

eg 2 we have laods of diversity coodrinators etc, there are huge queues to see GPs.It's about priorities.

I could go on.It's rather pointless.

(1600x12)/550,000=3.49% gross yield.

you had a good deal there given you offloaded the upkeep to the LL

I sued to think I'd buy one day but unless pour gross yield moves north of 7.5% then I dont think we will.Rather keep  BATs/BP/Shell shares yielding 9%/10%

I've got an even better deal now. Much nicer area. Way better location. Much bigger house. Place was on the market for 4 months at £2200pm. Got it for £1950pm.

For sale it would be £700k+ right now.

• Informative 1
  • Cheers 1

8 hours ago, Long time lurking said:

It`s why they pay her the big bucks xD

common purpose woman in all her glory.  Does she come across to you as a very intelligent, numbers focused brainiax?  Or a pussy pass employee, promoted through several levels due to group identity?

I am going to fucking LOVE the collapse.

• Agree 2
  • Lol 1

sleepwello'nights
19 minutes ago, Noallegiance said:

I've got an even better deal now. Much nicer area. Way better location. Much bigger house. Place was on the market for 4 months at £2200pm. Got it for £1950pm.

For sale it would be £700k+ right now.

How much did your landlord pay for it? What is the yield on his purchase price?

55 minutes ago, Democorruptcy said:

Hunt's tax:

jezza.jpg

That's obscene.  Almost 50% of his income on tax, even with (presumably) good accountant advice.

Add on top of that council tax, VAT, etc, and he's deffo hitting 65% taxation, if not more.

• Agree 8

Yadda yadda yadda
6 minutes ago, wherebee said:

That's obscene.  Almost 50% of his income on tax, even with (presumably) good accountant advice.

Add on top of that council tax, VAT, etc, and he's deffo hitting 65% taxation, if not more.

37.5% of income declared paid as tax. 38.1% if you add in the foreign tax, which we should do.

• Agree 1

Long time lurking
28 minutes ago, wherebee said:

common purpose woman in all her glory.  Does she come across to you as a very intelligent, numbers focused brainiax?  Or a pussy pass employee, promoted through several levels due to group identity?

I am going to fucking LOVE the collapse.

Shes a bought and paid for liar

There`s more than a few that worked with here in the early days of her career and they have all said she is actually very intelligent none of them are the arse liking types either Jeffery Sachs being one of them,this IMO makes it even worse     

Edited by Long time lurking
  • Informative 1

Noallegiance
57 minutes ago, sleepwello'nights said:

How much did your landlord pay for it? What is the yield on his purchase price?

Fuck knows. As far as I know it's mortgage free. They're old. Had it in the family since build in 1980s.

• Informative 1

sleepwello'nights
8 minutes ago, Noallegiance said:

Fuck knows. As far as I know it's mortgage free. They're old. Had it in the family since build in 1980s.

The reality could be that his yield is much higher than the yield you've calculated on the current estimated market price. 

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, sleepwello'nights said:

The reality could be that his yield is much higher than the yield you've calculated on the current estimated market price. 

Indeed - I know someone that inherited a coastal flat in the 90's, had rented it out since then to the same couple.  They are charging below market rates but for a mortgage free property which they might want to retire into sometime, the returns are fine - covers running costs, sinking fund (block of flats, so owners can be liable for big tickets), and the costs of heating, etc, are paid by someone else.

• Informative 1
  • Cheers 1

sancho panza

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2024/feb/12/more-than-11-million-britons-have-less-than-1000-in-savings

More than 11 million Britons have less than £1,000 in savings

More than 11 million working-age people in Britain don’t have basic “rainy day” savings of at least £1,000, according to a report that warns that the poorest households are struggling to build up financial resilience amid the cost of living crisis.

The Resolution Foundation said people across Britain faced a “triple savings challenge” of insufficient savings, an inability to cope financially with major life events such as family breakdown, and inadequate retirement incomes.

It said 11.2 million people lived in households that had savings of less than £1,000, accounting for about one in three working-age households. As many as half lived in the poorest third of households in Britain.

In a report with the abrdn Financial Fairness Trust, the foundation estimated that the UK had a £74bn shortfall of funds saved for emergencies and for retirement compared with a country in which every family had at least three months of income kept in precautionary savings.

• Agree 2
  • Informative 2
  • Bogged 2
  • Vomit 1