DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 8)

spunko

M S E Refugee
11 minutes ago, Calcutta said:

The deliveroo thing is definitely not just London. It's the western economic disease in microcosm. Government won't stop the benefits so they import brown people to deliver sugar and seed oils to the claimants.

It's totally fucked up.

My alcoholic benefit claiming neighbour broke her hip a couple of months ago, she sends her African carers across the road to buy bottles of wine.

And in the past two weeks she has called the Ambulance out three times, I assume she does it when she's totally shitfaced.

My Father in Law had to wait four hours for an Ambulance when he broke his hip, no wonder he had to wait so long with knobheads like my nuisance neighbour. 

• Agree 11
  • Bogged 2

Good job no chance of wars breaking out and we don;t have governments actively shutting down farmland and energy production otherwise we might have an inflation/interest rate problem.

image.thumb.jpeg.e32647787690835347346877d4653456.jpeg

• Agree 4
  • Informative 6

2 hours ago, M S E Refugee said:

The Corner shops also have immigrants delivering shopping to the really lazy benefit cunts who can't be arsed walking to the shop in their pyjamas.

I am amazed that some mornings I see a food delivery guy picking up ONE COFFEE from the cafe down the road and tootling off in the car to someone.

*brainmelt*

• Agree 2
  • Bogged 3
  • Lol 4

59 minutes ago, M S E Refugee said:

My Father in Law had to wait four hours for an Ambulance when he broke his hip, no wonder he had to wait so long with knobheads like my nuisance neighbour. 

My ambo mates tell me they get used as taxis - some people call for an ambo to get taken to hospital in town; they have to take them due to some regulation - they get to town, person says they feel better and tootle off to the shops.

• Agree 2
  • Informative 2
  • Bogged 2
  • Vomit 1
  • Cheers 1

Transistor Man
14 minutes ago, Calcutta said:

These are people from the poorest most corrupt country in Europe and they can't believe we live like this. I'm sure there's poverty in Ukraine but afaik if you work hard you can afford to heat your home.

District heating. That’s what she will have had growing up. 

• Agree 8
  • Informative 3

8 minutes ago, wherebee said:

I've met these types - if you ask them about gilts, international gilt markets, and public sector borrowing, and what impact increases in public debt has on investor demand for gilts... they have no fucking idea.  seriously. they think foreigners will always want to buy UK debt, because it's UK debt.

Idiots.  

Because foreigners always have bought UK debt….just check. Ever since I have been looking it’s ALWAYS been the case.

Oh wait, the earth wasn’t created in 1968…..what happened to reserve currencies and debt (I assume always the dollar) before that………..just checking…..just Googling….hmmm British Empire….……….oh fuck.

It’s like a 5 year old….some get told about fire and stay away. The daft ones have to touch it for themselves 😉

• Agree 6

Axeman123
1 hour ago, ThoughtCriminal said:

Cameron and Hunt want to use it for Ukraine, but the Americans are reluctant as they fear de-dollarisation will occur rapidly once it's seen that America will not only freeze your assets, they'll steal them and give them to your enemy.

There is the possibility that this is all chess.

The US will happily suffocate Europe with its sanctions "against Russia" indefinitely, and Europe may actually be happy to see the US hegemony implode via dedollarisation so they can get into bed with Russia for cheap energy and commodities. Both countries will inflict unlimited pain onto third parties for principles they don't want to suffer for themselves.

Pushing the US to do something it doesn't want to points out the hypocrisy of its position, and could also be an attempt to get the US to back off energy sanctions in order to save Europe from a depression.

• Agree 5
  • Informative 5
  • Love / Hugz 1

Axeman123
1 hour ago, wherebee said:

I've met these types - if you ask them about gilts, international gilt markets, and public sector borrowing, and what impact increases in public debt has on investor demand for gilts... they have no fucking idea.  seriously. they think foreigners will always want to buy UK debt, because it's UK debt.

Idiots.  

I agree.

They place great faith in the idea that the govt never having defaulted on local currency bonds before means markets will always want them. It is impossible to hard default on a currency you print Inflation of course, but inflation of the money supply is a soft/stealth default. When markets catch onto that and only want USD bonds, or insane yields on local currency ones, the spiral starts.

• Agree 11

11 minutes ago, Axeman123 said:

I agree.

They place great faith in the idea that the govt never having defaulted on local currency bonds before means markets will always want them. It is impossible to hard default on a currency you print Inflation of course, but inflation of the money supply is a soft/stealth default. When markets catch onto that and only want USD bonds, or insane yields on local currency ones, the spiral starts.

To compare Sterling to the Argentinian Peso is quite frankly......hold my beer!

• Agree 5
  • Lol 1
  • Cheers 3