DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 8)

spunko

M S E Refugee
5 hours ago, Joxer said:

Australia only has 3 destroyers to defend 20,000 miles of coastline.

It will be obvious in hindsight that Australia didn't stand a chance of repelling a Chinese invasion and all Australian shares were a dodgy investment choice.

With the benefit of hindsight I would have just converted every penny I had into Gold and Silver and kept it outside the financial system.

With the upcoming financial repression, our money won't be safe whatever financial institution its kept in, regardless of what Five Eyes Countries we're invested in.

• Agree 10
  • Cheers 1

Calcutta
20 minutes ago, DurhamBorn said:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2024/04/07/death-of-north-sea-oil-disaster-for-britain/

They hate us.The Tories will wonder why they are wiped out at the election,yet not once have i seen them argue the reality on anything.I never saw them argue a new tax would kill the industry and cost more.Never saw them argue more bennies means higher inflation and over time more poverty.Never saw them argue that more migrants who then get housing bennies means working young people cant afford their rent or buy.They really have been a disaster of a government.Starting the day Blair was elected between that Labour government and this latest Tory one we have seen around 1400 years of toil,stuggle and sacrifice destroyed.

Talking of oil my olive oil stash at £2.39 a bottle has ran out,its now £5.09 in Lidl ,i bet @Cattle Prod still has big tins of the stuff stored though.

Lard is still 50p in Aldi. I mean don't try and grate it on a salad but for cooking it's fine.

• Agree 6
  • Lol 5

Castlevania
14 hours ago, Jesus Wept said:

I think the 5.0% is gross

you pay the fee outside of this. 0.59% on H&L (plus the £13.95 dealing fee). 
Here are the charges information from H&L: (so effectively 4.41% per annum return). 

Am I correct? 
IMG_1395.thumb.jpeg.1f1ae84108e36b877a9bf0576356abdf.jpeg

Rewind! Have HL increased their dealing charges? It was £11.95 per trade, no? 

• Informative 1

leonardratso

Didnt AJ bell(end) just drop it from 9.95 to a crisp great british fiver per trade?

• Agree 3
  • Informative 2

15 minutes ago, Cattle Prod said:

That is such an excellent quote, I wish I could spread it far and wide somehow. Maybe try it in my work Outlook signature; although have to hide it inside some "my pronouns are" so that HR don't notice.

• Agree 2
  • Love / Hugz 1
  • Lol 4

2 hours ago, DurhamBorn said:

Talking of oil my olive oil stash at £2.39 a bottle has ran out,its now £5.09 in Lidl ,i bet @Cattle Prod

And the rest! Just now bought a bottle in Lidl. A lot of empty spaces on shelves in there today and I had to buy their "Light" versión but it's usually same price.

IMG_20240407_124446.jpg

• Agree 1

ashestoashes
5 minutes ago, Funn3r said:

And the rest! Just now bought a bottle in Lidl. A lot of empty spaces on shelves in there today and I had to buy their "Light" versión but it's usually same price.

IMG_20240407_124446.jpg

what's with the wine ? It's only £7 a bottle

• Lol 1

2 minutes ago, ashestoashes said:

what's with the wine ? It's only £7 a bottle

They make us recycle glass. Can't put them in the rubbish. You have to save up the bottles then take them to a recycling point. In my flat I have literally nowhere to save the empties so avoid buying anything glass wherever possible.  Also the recycling skips are always full to overflowing for some reason and I feel bad dumping the bottles in the carpark like everyone does.

• Informative 2

ashestoashes
24 minutes ago, Funn3r said:

That is such an excellent quote, I wish I could spread it far and wide somehow. Maybe try it in my work Outlook signature; although have to hide it inside some "my pronouns are" so that HR don't notice.

when half your sandwich is stolen by nonworkers before it gets to your mouth, it's time to give up working

• Agree 7
  • Cheers 1

ashestoashes
1 minute ago, Jesus Wept said:

I think he means you have paid £18.99 for it ! Maximum dosbod price is £7.

(Actually 3 bottles of Portuguese Douro is £18 from Morrisons £6 a bottle ! - and I can’t tell the difference between it and a £30 bottle of wine).

assumed it was a box of wine

• Agree 1
  • Lol 1

Castlevania
53 minutes ago, Funn3r said:

IMG_20240407_124446.jpg

£19 for a bottle of wine! Look at you Mr Moneybags.

• Lol 3

ThoughtCriminal

Brought to us by first by @Cattle Prodmany moons ago. 

Seems to be a panic building that the widely shared assumption shale oil was going to ride to the rescue may not in fact be the case.

• Agree 2
  • Informative 6

belfastchild
3 hours ago, DurhamBorn said:

Talking of oil my olive oil stash at £2.39 a bottle has ran out,its now £5.09 in Lidl ,i bet @Cattle Prod still has big tins of the stuff stored though.

Still have 2x4 litres of the stuff in storage. Bought another tray of corned beef tins during the week 47 quid (12 cans). Last tray I bought was 21 quid.

Cook mainly with butter now (or lard as others suggested).

Got a booker voucher for 25 quid off a 100 quid (minus vat I think) spend this week. Havent been in in years so that brought the corned beef down to nearly what I paid in the past. Was very selective to make up the rest with things I normally use that either havent gone up much or are back down to reasonable levels again. I see the cheaper coffee beans are getting harder and harder to find and the ground decaf ones have doubled in price in less than 2 years.

• Agree 1
  • Informative 2
  • Cheers 1

belfastchild
1 hour ago, Cattle Prod said:

Last one, unfortunately. Now I know why Vito Corleone killed people over the stuff. 

Who is Adrian Rogers? Clearly a dosbodder. 

Mate told me last night that him and the wife are now just taking 30k a year out of their salaries as the kids have now got jobs of their own. Everything else goes in to the pension so they are both maxing out the contributions the last year.
They are sick paying tax for fuck all return and watching other people do nothing for it.
They figure 3 more years of that on top of what they have already put in and thats them done. They will be around 55 at that point.
Im 55 later on this year and Ive about 7 close friends all around the same age bracket give or take a few years and by the end of this calendar year only 2 of them will still be working (the ones with younger and teenage kids). I say working as one of my mates who jacked it in 2 weeks ago is now bored of being on 'holiday' and has applied for a summer job in his local garden centre!

1 hour ago, Funn3r said:

They make us recycle glass. Can't put them in the rubbish. You have to save up the bottles then take them to a recycling point. In my flat I have literally nowhere to save the empties so avoid buying anything glass wherever possible.  Also the recycling skips are always full to overflowing for some reason and I feel bad dumping the bottles in the carpark like everyone does.

Save up or lift 30 of them. Buy the kit (couple of buckets, sanitiser, bottle brush, bottle filler) and a wine making kit (40-120 quid) and make 30 bottles. Give it a go and see, dont like it, resell kit and bottles to someone else.

• Agree 4
  • Informative 3
  • Cheers 2

3 hours ago, Calcutta said:

Lard is still 50p in Aldi. I mean don't try and grate it on a salad but for cooking it's fine.

I use dripping from our meat for free like my mum did.

Any idea how long you can keep it for?

Edited by Harley
  • Informative 1