DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 8)

spunko

6 minutes ago, darkmarket said:

Big moves across the curve and Sterling smacked back down to a 125 handle, Euro being heavily sold as well.

The time when politically unpopular measures are needed to defend currencies is nigh.

Gold dipping too....still over $2000, just. 

I think its about time I ladder into those PM miners......snorkel on, I might be going in. 😂

• Lol 2
  • Cheers 4

Bobthebuilder
12 minutes ago, Pip321 said:

snorkel on, I might be going in

A snorkel will not be enough, you are going to need some SCUBA gear and a dry suit.

Technical Dive Sites - Thai Wreck Diver

Edited by Bobthebuilder
  • Lol 4

1 hour ago, goldbug9999 said:

Operating any business involves difficult to quantify risks of various sort of run in with HMRC, everybody running a business needs insurance against this - what is so fucking difficult to grasp about this ?.

Can you two please take this up to the other forums...I come 'down' here to get away from the bitchyness, rudeness and expletives, knowing that I will get reasoned [and courteous] argument.

• Agree 1
  • Lol 5

20 minutes ago, darkmarket said:

Big moves across the curve and Sterling smacked back down to a 125 handle, Euro being heavily sold as well.

The time when politically unpopular measures are needed to defend currencies is nigh.

UJ up above the 150 handle too.....$ not dead yet despite what the experts say o.O

13 hours ago, goldbug9999 said:

Contracting is a business and you should therefore have appropriate insurances.

Do you know any insurer that will provide cover against retrospective legislative changes? I don't.

All I wanted to do was pay salary up to the NI threshold, then divi everything else. Not illegal and no chance of becoming illegal. That particular approach is now closed off for most due to IR35.

I've not much sympathy for anyone who joined a scheme that used written-off loans, or loans in synthetic currency that was then devalued, who then found HMRC come knocking. Those schemes resulted in 97% take-home and were quite obviously going to be sunk at some point, with a non-trivial risk of the legislation being retrospective, which it was. We've had retrospective tax legislation since the 70s, it's not like there wasn't precedent. Unfortunately, the fix is to vastly simplify the tax code, which isn't going to happen.

• Agree 5

18 minutes ago, montecristo said:

Any recommendations?  I'm striking off my Ltd this year.  Knowing my luck HMRC will trigger an investigation just before.

ignore the fukkers, what can they do......

• Agree 2

20 minutes ago, montecristo said:

Any recommendations?  I'm striking off my Ltd this year.  Knowing my luck HMRC will trigger an investigation just before.

How much cash is in the bank? You might be better off with a MVL rather than a strike-off.

• Informative 1

21 minutes ago, Pip321 said:

Gold dipping too....still over $2000, just. 

I think its about time I ladder into those PM miners......snorkel on, I might be going in. 😂

bulls will defend 2k..........i'd say that dip was probs 'worth a buy' but with a tight stop loss......

as always, depends on yer deep pockets and yer timescales

bon courage comrade

• Cheers 1

leonardratso

but its dead cat bouncing

image.png.386b9d534847e1ad979d89978d389126.png

EDIt ; 10 mins later dead hahaha, my lifes savings pissed away in under 30 minutes.
I had a good time. Adios cruel world.

Edited by leonardratso
  • Informative 1

montecristo
29 minutes ago, AWW said:

How much cash is in the bank? You might be better off with a MVL rather than a strike-off.

about £2k :) a couple more invoices to send so plan to have around £6k after SIPP contributions.  Just enough for accountants fee and corp tax.

32 minutes ago, nirvana said:

ignore the fukkers, what can they do......

bankrupt you if you don't pay.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, montecristo said:

bankrupt you if you don't pay.

not if it's a Ltd......just empty the cash out......

jokin apart I think one of the reasons the Uk is so fukked cos gimmigrants and other robbers just set up Ltds here there and everything and rob the system blind.........

I recall when I was contracting and some wide boys were filtering their proceeds through the Isle o man.......told me to 'get onbooard' but back in those days I was a dumb assole who thought the banking system and the government stood for something.......more fool me eh

GGFEBABWUAAQV0H.jpg

• Agree 3
  • Lol 2

montecristo
10 minutes ago, nirvana said:

not if it's a Ltd......just empty the cash out......

jokin apart I think one of the reasons the Uk is so fukked cos gimmigrants and other robbers just set up Ltds here there and everything and rob the system blind.........

I recall when I was contracting and some wide boys were filtering their proceeds through the Isle o man.......told me to 'get onbooard' but back in those days I was a dumb assole who thought the banking system and the government stood for something.......more fool me eh

GGFEBABWUAAQV0H.jpg

Mmm.  Is a HMRC tax demand against the director or the Ltd?

13 minutes ago, montecristo said:

soz above my paygrade that one......if you get any hassle and god forbid ever wanna come back just change yer name to Mr Cristo xD

• Lol 1

1 hour ago, Bobthebuilder said:

A snorkel will not be enough, you are going to need some SCUBA gear and a dry suit.

You might want to use something more sewage-proof.

Picture of Respirex GTL Lightweight Gas-Tight Suit - Type 1A-ET - RE-GTL

BTW, SSR Mining is down 50% this morning due to... errr... this:

Got your suit on already?

image.thumb.png.04df159ba12babec4210097992c81518.png

Edited by kibuc
  • Agree 2
  • Informative 2
  • Bogged 1
  • Lol 2

actually if you wanna buy Gold that there might be ok........why? well a higher low shows some buyers are back in town plus it's an interesting level from back in time........or history should I say.......remember time doesn't exist, change does, time is a human construct so we can draw nice patterns on charts......O.o

so you still don't believe in charts eh? well let's revisit our fave share BATS......it was a TITTY PATTERN at ~£25 and now it's ~24 quid.......ah but that's less than a £1 down nirv u dipshit........leverage my boy, leverage :PxD

Edited by nirvana
  • Informative 2
  • Lol 1

1 hour ago, montecristo said:

Both, in this case. The company for unpaid corporation tax. The director for unpaid income tax (assuming this "plan" involves simply transferring the money to yourself and not declaring it). As to how they would find out...

• Informative 1
  • Lol 1

While not intending to make this into a HMRC and tax thread, I will put this here as it's inline with the theme of reducing tax and starving the beast.

I've not been able to find a clear answer to the interaction (if any) between tax relief for VCTs and SIPPs. VCT's becoming more popular for those who are hitting on pensions limits @DurhamBorn

For example, you have an income tax bill of £3,000. You put £10,000 into a VCT and you get your £3,000 tax back, you have paid zero income tax - hat tip to @Frank Hovis

In the same tax year you put £15,000 into your SIPP and automatically get the 20% relief, i.e. £3,000.

It appears that the relief is doubled?

• Agree 1

AND as it was predicted, the Gold went up, and they were at peace with the world xD

FAKEMEDIPEPE.gif

• Cheers 2