DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 8)

spunko

4 hours ago, DoINeedOne said:

BodyShop has gone under, actually quite shocked about that one as it always seemed busy and alot people in my family like their products but they did go woke so... Reading up on it since 2006 its been passed round owned by different companies and debt as usual then a private equity firm owned it for the last 3 month Aurelius

I don't think it's totally dead yet.  Going digital rather than bricks and mortar, so they say.

• Informative 2

4 hours ago, Democorruptcy said:

This looks like a disaster waiting to happen

Been on here too long - remember @DurhamBorn and I chatting about this at the time - L&G(?) going in big.

Edited by Harley
  • Agree 2
  • Cheers 1

Democorruptcy
10 minutes ago, Harley said:

Been on here too long - remember @DurhamBorn and I chatting about this at the time - L&G(?) going in big.

L&G seemed to be in a spot of bother during the LDI debacle but luckily the BoE stepped in, to support the market their own pension asset manager.

Edit to add, L&G have 64%, must be due a new report soon, 2023

Edited by Democorruptcy
  • Informative 1

2 hours ago, marceau said:

I'm sure Uncle Sam will be keen to keep all the good stuff for themselves, and that will include the UK & EU good stuff. There's what the EMs will be looking to buy, and what they'll be allowed to buy.

We're in the US empire, and ultimately we'll follow their rules, even if its greatly detrimental.

On the bright side, maybe we'll be able to buy their ETFs!

• Lol 3
  • Cheers 1

14 minutes ago, Democorruptcy said:

L&G seemed to be in a spot of bother during the LDI debacle but luckily the BoE stepped in, to support the market their own pension asset manager.

Edit to add, L&G have 64%, must be due a new report soon, 2023

Been looking at annuities.  Decided to wait until a bit older.  Might also give a chance for things to "'appen"!

• Agree 2

Democorruptcy
14 minutes ago, Harley said:

Been looking at annuities.  Decided to wait until a bit older.  Might also give a chance for things to "'appen"!

Just had a look at the fixed term options and £100k in for 5 years returning the £100k at maturity, only paid 3.6% a year (at my age). Poor compared to the 5.5% running yield on the 6% 2028 gilt. The life terms still seem skinny. No bet.

• Agree 4
  • Informative 1

2 hours ago, sancho panza said:

weve got a small 0.5% positon in BASF and must say it's getting tmepting to sell it and buy K&S

Getting a bit wierd with the stocks being mentioned here as they often come up on my technical screen which seems quite good at identifying when a price hits a key level.  However, many fail a closer manual look (a look the screens can't do but I probably could mostly code if arsed).

PS:  Maybe some of the failed ones just need time to base build.  Others have bullishly moved from my daily screen to my weekly one.  Shame I'm winding things down to spend more time with my work boots!

Edited by Harley
  • Informative 1

40 minutes ago, King of Fools said:

Bloody council won’t let this fella spend his own money. Shame.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/disability-68178940

I once worked with a council and was very dubious about rolling out individual budgets (risk of "misuse" of funds) but glad to see a social worker on top of it.  The correct authorisation process is to request a change to the care plan.  That's the required DD, not getting the BBC to put their oar in.  I'm sure the human rights lawyer and BBC dimwittety will help with that.

Edited by Harley
  • Lol 2

HousePriceMania
1 hour ago, honkydonkey said:

Only gets 11k a month. Poor guy.

"He receives £11,000 in Direct Payments each month to pay for the 24-hour support he needs, he told the BBC Access All podcast."

The c***ts who look after him receive it.  

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, Axeman123 said:

The counter arguement is that it is all down to US rates and the dollar. AIUI both are up against long-term resistance lines, and overstretched. IF they move down significantly PMs and miners can only go up.

The sentiment is getting extreme too, exactly what you would want to see at a major bottom. When even bulls are calling for another leg down first you have to wonder IMO.

Who knows though, we will have to...

WATCH AND LEARN

learn from this punk :P...that's UJ (which makes up most of DXY remember)...it's not hit R(esistance) again yet.......and a third hit it's in danger of knocking it down O.o

image.png.d64d5fa5f692b407239121c15c311161.png

leonardratso

this is quality decay fees now, current > average and still 20% down, Im moving to canada with a stubbed toe thats giving me mental health issues, im sure the govt there can take care of me fully.

image.png.0f7967c778d3475a4d22312d937eaf9f.png

• Bogged 2
  • Lol 4

1 hour ago, King of Fools said:

Bloody council won’t let this fella spend his own money. Shame.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/disability-68178940

“He wanted a six-day break in Florida to "have a bit of respite from the mundane reality of everyday life".”

don’t we all 😂 

Going well off topic. They did not divulge enough info of support package. Need to know shared and 1:1 hours .they say £11k a month which sounds a lot but not really I did some quick maths and got 16hours a week support guess! 16hours x 7days x 52.14weeks x £22/hr which gets me to £128k a year. There’s night provision too. If he is dropping support and saving those hours can’t remember how those individualised type payments work. Thought they could use it on holidays etc which will be expensive to pay for 2x people to fly , work and backfill them. Didn’t think the council could dip into them but just guessing 😂 .

• Informative 2

4 hours ago, Democorruptcy said:

The apple of your eye has hit a new year low today. I've bought a cheaper ticket, choo... choo.....

sir sir, wotya buyin??? xD

• Lol 1

1 hour ago, Harley said:

I once worked with a council and was very dubious about rolling out individual budgets (risk of "misuse" of funds) but glad to see a social worker on top of it.  The correct authorisation process is to request a change to the care plan.  That's the required DD, not getting the BBC to put their oar in.  I'm sure the human rights lawyer and BBC dimwittety will help with that.

Don't doubt he's gone down that road already since he went through the appeals process and lost. Getting the media involved seems to be a last-ditch attempt to shame the council into reversing that decision.

It does seem surprising that this should be one of the top news stories today.

In future though CBDC would save a hell of a load of admin costs for the council. Money could be set to expire, so nobody could hoard it like this, and only spent on approved things, so a holiday is out of the question.

I mean, a big bag of weed or a hooker would provide some respite from everyday life but I doubt people would be sympathetic if he skipped his weekly cinema trip in order to pay for that.

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1
  • Lol 1

Democorruptcy
8 minutes ago, nirvana said:

sir sir, wotya buyin??? xD

You don't want to know, it's probably just a cheaper ticket to a train crash.

• Lol 1

2 minutes ago, Democorruptcy said:

You don't want to know, it's probably just a cheaper ticket to a train crash.

go on I like a gamble xD:ph34r:

• Lol 1

Castlevania
16 minutes ago, Ash4781b said:

“He wanted a six-day break in Florida to "have a bit of respite from the mundane reality of everyday life".”

don’t we all 😂 

Going well off topic. They did not divulge enough info of support package. Need to know shared and 1:1 hours .they say £11k a month which sounds a lot but not really I did some quick maths and got 16hours a week support guess! 16hours x 7days x 52.14weeks x £22/hr which gets me to £128k a year. There’s night provision too. If he is dropping support and saving those hours can’t remember how those individualised type payments work. Thought they could use it on holidays etc which will be expensive to pay for 2x people to fly , work and backfill them. Didn’t think the council could dip into them but just guessing 😂 .

Or you know, the equivalent take home pay to an individual on £230k.

• Agree 8
  • Vomit 2