DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 9)

spunko

HousePriceMania
58 minutes ago, Alifelessbinary said:

Fair enough. I hope it plays out for you. 

For anyone with a 20 year timeframe the maths backs time in the market. 

Given the crashes come along every 8 or so years, it'll only be another 4/5 years to wait  :Beer:

Meanwhile, I'll enjoy the 5% interest rates.

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Mandalorian said:

See also gold britannias.  And I trust those.

I also buy those on dips, usually whichever "special" is current as they end up being worth more than a plain vanilla one at resale but only have a few quid premium when current.

Edited by AWW
  • Agree 3
  • Cheers 2

Yadda yadda yadda
5 minutes ago, Onsamui said:

Everyone starts as a leftie and then wakes up at some point after you start making money, working, trying to run a business, trying to buy a home and realises all the ideas are crap.

That only applies in the home owning era. As we move further and further away from that the long term prosperity effect of a diminishing real terms mortgage payment is removed. If you're not getting wealthier as you age then why not take your disappointment out on others?

They don't wake up if they never start working, their work is subsidised by tax credits or they work in the public sector. 

• Agree 5

Axeman123
58 minutes ago, crashmonitor said:

Thank God the Bank did continue to raise last year and didn't give way to journos pressure to stop at 4% because the pound would be toilet paper by now.

Controversial take: Bailey has been reasonably competent, at following the fed which is really his only job, once he took them seriously about raising rates. The entire world didn't take them seriously at the start of the hikig cycle tbf, so I can't even blame Bailey too much for thinking Powell was bluffing. The real blame lies with Powell's predecessors who cucked and loosened financial conditions at the slightest downturn, training everyone to expect the same.

Oddly it looks like Bailey isn't going to last much longer anyway, with Liz Truss seemingly attempting to blame him for everything:

“They're trying to smear me with economic results that I'm clearly not responsible for,” she said of critics who accuse her of sabotaging the economy, having previously blamed a mysterious “deep state” and “anti-growth” activists for thwarting her policies.

Asked whether Andrew Bailey should still be Governor of the Bank of England, she said: “No… I do think that democratically elected ministers should be responsible for managing fiscal and monetary policy.” She also said she wanted “to see the back of the OBR (Office for Budget Responsibility)”.

Under the most incredible headline in the world

'National embarrassment' Liz Truss hints at new bid for Tory leadership

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/liz-truss-warns-she-unfinished-111729784.html

• Agree 1
  • Informative 3
  • Bogged 1

Long time lurking

I always wondered where all the people from the Welsh Development agency went when they shut up shop 

• Informative 4

Lightscribe
1 hour ago, Long time lurking said:

And it continues 

It looks like rates are only going one way for a while yet 

Stueys got this all under control…

• Love / Hugz 3
  • Lol 3

Lightscribe
1 hour ago, Long time lurking said:

I always wondered where all the people from the Welsh Development agency went when they shut up shop 

They can chuck all the money they want at it, but just like EVs China are masters of copying and reinventing manufacturing processes at scale. They will eventually crack  it.

US won’t ever be able to reduce costs to match so will ban Chinese chips just the same as they’re proposing with EVs.

Problem is developing countries with massive populations like India/Asia don’t give a shit just like with oil.

The west will continue to ban and sanction at their own detriment.

Edited by Lightscribe
  • Agree 9
  • Informative 1

Lightscribe
2 hours ago, DurhamBorn said:

I think for everything that is going on,the real message,and the outcome is simply that the EMs want paying for their production in something that cannot be inflated away.That is the cycle in a nutshell .Lots of talk of war etc,but its noise,because it does not suit the US or China for all out war and without their blessing it wont happen.The BRICs are not setting up to destroy the west etc,they simply want paying in currency that is not monetised away.They would of accepted 2% a year monetisation ,it suited their society and they like days at Ascot etc,but they wont accept 5%+ that the west needs now to keep welfare going.

Gold and all the metals will keep going up in trend until the west produces enough again so it can consume less from the EMs (so their own consumers can consume more) annd we can sell more to them so trade is more balanced.The western media and polos dont want to accept this reality,so they keep taking saved labour through monetising,its just since March 20 they are now monetising their own peoples savings instead of EM workers savings.Huge difference.Fat Shaz was funded by 5 Chinese workers since Blair got in.Now she is funded by private sector Money Purchase pensions being stolen.

The macro is 100% clear.Re-tool and start producing more and cut welfare and freeloaders and have 5% inflation for a cycle or two,or dont and have 5% inflation,then 6%,then 8%,then 12% etc etc.

The state machine is trying to avoid facing the above,mostly because they are inflation linked too,but they will have to at some point.

By tilting our wealth on here to the EMs and metals etc,we are simply joining the billions of people on that side of the trade who wont allow their savings to be stolen anymore.Gold is the bridge linking this new reality.

I agree. But we have to get through the bad until we can get to the good. I don’t have as much faith in the western establishment as you do to recognise that.

Edited by Lightscribe
  • Agree 4

StrugglingMillennial
3 hours ago, DurhamBorn said:

I think for everything that is going on,the real message,and the outcome is simply that the EMs want paying for their production in something that cannot be inflated away.That is the cycle in a nutshell .Lots of talk of war etc,but its noise,because it does not suit the US or China for all out war and without their blessing it wont happen.The BRICs are not setting up to destroy the west etc,they simply want paying in currency that is not monetised away.They would of accepted 2% a year monetisation ,it suited their society and they like days at Ascot etc,but they wont accept 5%+ that the west needs now to keep welfare going.

Gold and all the metals will keep going up in trend until the west produces enough again so it can consume less from the EMs (so their own consumers can consume more) annd we can sell more to them so trade is more balanced.The western media and polos dont want to accept this reality,so they keep taking saved labour through monetising,its just since March 20 they are now monetising their own peoples savings instead of EM workers savings.Huge difference.Fat Shaz was funded by 5 Chinese workers since Blair got in.Now she is funded by private sector Money Purchase pensions being stolen.

The macro is 100% clear.Re-tool and start producing more and cut welfare and freeloaders and have 5% inflation for a cycle or two,or dont and have 5% inflation,then 6%,then 8%,then 12% etc etc.

The state machine is trying to avoid facing the above,mostly because they are inflation linked too,but they will have to at some point.

By tilting our wealth on here to the EMs and metals etc,we are simply joining the billions of people on that side of the trade who wont allow their savings to be stolen anymore.Gold is the bridge linking this new reality.

I'm interested to know whether you think Britannias or gold mining shares are the better buy at this moment in time?

I was surprised to see a drop on the oil & gold shares today with the weekends events in the middle east.

• Agree 3

ThoughtCriminal

Imagine going to the bank for 3 grand and they refuse to give you it unless you show them an invoice for your purchase to prove what you're doing with the cash.

He did well to keep calm. I'd have pulled her over the fucking desk.

This is what worries me about sitting with cash in the bank, it's only yours until they decide it isn't.

• Agree 7
  • Bogged 2
  • Vomit 12

1 hour ago, Starsend said:

image.gif.114781431fbcdf78eb475859ec9971e2.gif

Some of the techs are warning to be cautious.  I'd explain but.....!

1 hour ago, Errol said:

Gold going mental again.

Surely ya mean silver!

• Agree 5
  • Cheers 3