DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 9)

spunko

snaga
5 minutes ago, SpectrumFX said:

Not sure what's going on there. It's flip floping between showing me a 14% and 0.25% daily gain for me in HL.

1400.00 seems like a glitch? too perfect.

• Agree 4

leonardratso
20 minutes ago, desertorchid said:

Interesting- SEDY

image.thumb.png.64124e6cd6da8d5103184eed39d78114.png

glitch

• Agree 1
  • Cringe 1

Mandalorian
6 hours ago, headrow said:

Shell PLC (LSE:SHEL, NYSE: SHEL) would cause the FTSE 100 to experience an 8% drop should it leave for the US.

At the start of April, Shell’s boss Wael Sawan warned the oil giant would ditch the LSE if its market valuation didn’t improve.

Since then the shares have edged around 5% higher, but at its first quarter update, the question of a US switch popped up.

Sawan expressed he was still unhappy with the group’s valuation and said it was keeping the issue “under review”.

Should Shell finally call it quits on London, it would be bringing with it £180 billion of the FTSE 100’s value.

The LSE would then be forced to replace this with FTSE 250 digger Endeavour Mining PLC (LSE:EDV, TSX:EDV, OTCQX:EDVMF), which has a market cap of around £4.1 billion.

This means some £176 billion would be wiped from the blue-chip index, which would cause the valuation of the overall index to drop by 8%.

An 8% drop would be the worst fall of the index since it dropped 9% during the pandemic and worse than any day during the financial crash in 2008.

London’s FTSE 100 is already scheduled to shed more than £22 billion when Paddy Power owner Flutter Entertainment PLC (LSE:FLTR) ditches its UK listing for the US.

Shareholders of the gambling firm voted overwhelmingly in favour of a primary New York listing on Wednesday, thereby meaning it will exit the FTSE 100.

With a market cap of around £26.4 billion, the group ranks as one of the top 25 largest stocks in the index.

Replacing the departing group would be the largest FTSE 250 company, which as of Thursday is Darktrace PLC (LSE:DARK).

However, the cybersecurity firm is also quitting its UK listing to go across the pond, albeit through the purchase by US private equity fund Thoma Bravo rather than a move to the NSYE.

Next in the FTSE 250 rankings is Hiscox Ltd (LSE:HSX), the insurance provider, which has a market cap of just under £4.2 billion, meaning when it replaces Flutter the FTSE 100 will drop in value by £22.2 billion.

While £22.2 billion represents a small portion of the nearly £2 trillion made up by the companies, things would be significantly worse should Shell ditch the UK.

More immediately, Shell’s share price requires some self-help.

“The whole issue is not one of the London market, there are just basic fundamentals we have to work on,” Sawan said.

I keep saying it.

Never bet against the United States.

• Agree 4

Mandalorian
2 hours ago, ThoughtCriminal said:

I'm sorry but that's utter bollocks. Do you actually read what people say and listen to them or just go off vibes? Please point to this secret store of MPs to the Right of Galloway on Trans, immigration, crime, gays etc.

It's the effect of the Overton window.

Left and right are purely economic. 

It's more like graph axes than a line. 

Horizontal is left and right - economic

Vertical is authoritarian and libertarian - social.

So Galloway's party appears to be socially authoritarian  and left economically.

• Agree 1

Mandalorian
2 hours ago, Yadda yadda yadda said:

Imagine what this country would look like if people invested even a small sum of money each month rather than borrowed for consumption.

They'd get it confiscated/taxed to give to spongers.

Do you blame them for not doing?

• Agree 2

Mandalorian
35 minutes ago, desertorchid said:

Interesting- SEDY

image.thumb.png.64124e6cd6da8d5103184eed39d78114.png

Dodgy data feed by the looks of it

Screenshot 2024-05-03 141415.png

36 minutes ago, JMD said:

denying-the-divinity-of-the-dividend!!

I knew it was religious!  (Therefore irrational!)

• Informative 1
  • Lol 2

leonardratso
Posted (edited)

:Jumping:

5 minutes ago, Mandalorian said:

Dodgy data feed by the looks of it

Screenshot 2024-05-03 141415.png

or is it a portal glitch into the future?xD

Edited by leonardratso
  • Lol 4

Errol
2 minutes ago, leonardratso said:

:Jumping:

or is it a portal glitch into the future?xD

That's how I always view these 'glitches'.

• Lol 1

leonardratso
1 minute ago, Errol said:

That's how I always view these 'glitches'.

i knew it was going mad cos i got like this on t212 for about 10 rounds, that usually only happens on the shit im shorting where it bounces wildly all the time.

image.png.9a3a6be7a6ac858faf024576e5d1ad39.png

janch
6 hours ago, ThoughtCriminal said:

This seems like one of the best summaries of money creation I've seen. Has he been featured on here before?  Starts at 5.50

Thanks for posting.  The best bit is at the end about the City of London which is outside the UK and outside the EU and is independent of the Queen (King now).  He doesn't say it but they are the ones in charge then. 

No wonder they've banned RT from the UK........none of our UK MSM would run anything like this.

• Agree 8

Yadda yadda yadda
1 hour ago, Plan-b said:

Large Miss on the US non farm employment, instant rocket under the price of PMs

image.thumb.png.b87a56a281934be11221d50fbe156171.png

image.thumb.png.d10f134d431a6cc83887dc366875a00d.png

That is a @nirvana size move. I want an @Errol sized move.

• Lol 6

2 minutes ago, Plan-b said:

We got a manipulation sized reversal instead..

image.thumb.png.1e56369325faf3664f5e60cf027159a8.png

:S

Back on sale B|

• Lol 2
  • Cheers 3

Long time lurking
3 hours ago, ThoughtCriminal said:

No, you're just talking nonsense.

If there are no MPs to the right of you then you are, by definition, the most Rightwing MP.

Galloway was interviewed yesterday and said being gay isn't normal, it's not equal to heterosexuality, trans isn't normal and he doesn't want his kids taught that either of them are normal. He also asked why a Muslim can be FM of Scotland but not a Christian. Not a single other MP would dare come anywhere close to saying any of that. And you think he's on the Left. You probably think Jacob Rees Mogg is Rightwing. 

No wonder we're fucked.

Love him or loath him, but he`s the only MP that`s stood on the same podium for his entire career ,he`s never gone off script for personal gains like all the others ,none of the others stand for their beliefs they're just position themselves with the hope of getting their snouts in the trough 

For that you have to give him credit regardless of whether one agrees with his politics or not 

• Agree 7
  • Cheers 1

leonardratso

sedy just jumped up and down again

Long time lurking

I`m just lost for words ,a bit like the guy in the video xD

• Bogged 4
  • Lol 10
  • Vomit 2
  • Cringe 2

leonardratso
Posted (edited)

rearn

was uncle dave in the waiting room?

Edited by leonardratso
  • Love / Hugz 1
  • Lol 1

leonardratso

at least its nice to see something else on top; i love tdw and val

image.png.724e3a8f1176906c97f5127490a0bde4.png

• Cheers 3

leonardratso

hmm, me old muckers DS smith seemed to suffer the glitch as well, but looks like they just decided to run with it anyway;

image.png.8e6fab7ba278998009b78061270db50d.png

leonardratso

nothing whatsoever to do with the peg to IP;

image.png.38110c494c9411cc5a31a66fb4e52117.png
Im sticking with the mystic meg shit.

Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, janch said:

Thanks for posting.  The best bit is at the end about the City of London which is outside the UK and outside the EU and is independent of the Queen (King now).  He doesn't say it but they are the ones in charge then. 

No wonder they've banned RT from the UK........none of our UK MSM would run anything like this.

Yep, the City of London is essentially another country with its own laws. Crazy, but keeps those in real power in power.

Edited by TNS
  • Agree 11