DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

How does Buy to Let END!

macca

What happens when generation rent retire with tiny pensions and massive rent bills!  

139 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

29 minutes ago, AWW said:

I'll add the twitter link because this is absolute gold. He redefines "nice money" as "a couple of hundred pounds a month" then goes on to accept all the blame because he thought that was a good return for massive IR risk. Oh wait no, he blames the BoE.

I remember seeing his fat stupid fucking face plastered all over YouTube in recent years.

"Just buy lots of houses bro"

Fuck. Off.

I hope he loses every penny.

• Agree 6
  • Lol 3

56 minutes ago, AWW said:

I'll add the twitter link because this is absolute gold. He redefines "nice money" as "a couple of hundred pounds a month" then goes on to accept all the blame because he thought that was a good return for massive IR risk. Oh wait no, he blames the BoE.

Chubby faced properdee over leveraged cunt.

• Agree 5
  • Lol 2
  • Cheers 1

sancho panza
42 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

I remember seeing his fat stupid fucking face plastered all over YouTube in recent years.

Fuck. Off.

hes the wlaking defintion of pikcing up pennnies in fornt of an oncoming train.

I doint know what the banks were thinking

• Agree 4

Thing is with these cunts is that they make money from selling their courses, not actual property.

Snake oil salesman comes to mind.

The real losers will be some of the poor sods that paid the courses and followed what he was saying.
I think there was a guy that committed suicide because of his courses.

Unfortunately I can see there being more cases like that, as some of the overleveraged will lose everything. But the media and the vested interests will try and spin it as some kind of evidence that bailouts are needed.

• Agree 5

18 minutes ago, Boon said:

Thing is with these cunts is that they make money from selling their courses, not actual property.

Snake oil salesman comes to mind.

The real losers will be some of the poor sods that paid the courses and followed what he was saying.
I think there was a guy that committed suicide because of his courses.

Unfortunately I can see there being more cases like that, as some of the overleveraged will lose everything. But the media and the vested interests will try and spin it as some kind of evidence that bailouts are needed.

Yes absolutely - YouTube is basically one big informercial these days because of these people.

Even the biggest podcasters in the world are hawking a thing called "athletic greens" which is basically just an horrendously expenisve multivitamin.

They're all just after your money. It would be ironic but not surprising if fatboy doesn't actually have as many houses as he claimes he does.

• Agree 2

leonardratso

what was the 2nd one @JoeDavola? says unavailable

ah, might be just an abortive attempt at the 1st one eh.

Edited by leonardratso

1 hour ago, JoeDavola said:

Fuck. Off.

The moronic trap soundtrack in the first one is just perfect :Jumping:

22 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

10 minutes in and he's literally just explained about he decided to "give his life to Jesus" when he was 16 and just starting out being a bottom-feeder BTL-er.

You couldn't script it.

EDIT: Obligatory "Saving the Africans" shot:

image.png.1fc3bbe497e8b606e8e095d9f12271cb.png

Edited by JoeDavola
  • Agree 1
  • Informative 1

57 minutes ago, sancho panza said:

hes the wlaking defintion of pikcing up pennnies in fornt of an oncoming train.

I doint know what the banks were thinking

https://www.thepropertyteacher.co.uk/why-borrowing-other-peoples-money-makes-buy-to-let-property-even-more-exciting/

Why Borrowing Other People’s Money Makes Buy to Let Property Even More Excitin

https://www.propertysecrets.org/index.php/2012/03/15/using-peoples-money-buy-property/

• Bogged 1

I know these are really just adverts for his courses/"consultancy", but these two dimwits are the embodiment of "properdee" investors that will get wiped out.

One good thing about Dubai is that there's (allegedly) no end of opportunities to make money for a willing young female if they do end up needing to make extra ££ to clear debts.

• Lol 3

reformed nice guy
52 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

10 minutes in and he's literally just explained about he decided to "give his life to Jesus" when he was 16 and just starting out being a bottom-feeder BTL-er.

You couldn't script it.

"Come to the UK and Il help you get the housing benefit for one of my properties"

• Agree 2
  • Lol 4

1 minute ago, reformed nice guy said:

"Come to the UK and Il help you get the housing benefit for one of my properties"

BTL - crowbar to shoehorn uk population out of housing, first to house economic migrants from the great wave of eastern block economic (and other) migrants when m,illions came when we were tolit would be 10k's and then any other migrant that wanted to rock up.

• Agree 1

Strange video that. Starts off ranting that 'BoE raising rates has screwed the housing market and my rents don't cover the mortgages any more' then moves to 'i fixed rates on my entire portfolio and here's how I'm doing better than ever'

Weird.

Edited by Boglet
  • Informative 1

1 hour ago, JoeDavola said:

Jesus Christ, the guy is a living, breathing David Brent.

Looking forward to the "10 million on paper to living in a hostel" episode.

• Lol 1

3 hours ago, JoeDavola said:

I've flicked through the first 20 mins of this.....the money making 'skill' he's teaching the fellow is as simple as: rent a house and then sublet it room by room as an HMO slum.

So they're in a 3 bed 2 reception room house renting for £1800, and he's telling the fella to convert the second reception into a 4th bedroom and sublet it for £700 per room per month.

Scum. Absolute scum. Wonder what Jesus thinks eh.

Edited by JoeDavola
  • Agree 5

leonardratso

my god joe, becoming an obsession, let it go sir, its not good for you. hahaha

Guys a bullshitting cunt, thats a given, the shows are all like an evangelical fanatical infomercials from america, from the music to the testimonials to the sycophantic comments, hopefully he will end up the same way that they did - pretend rich and dead with the family butchering each other to get the pretend proceeds.

Edited by leonardratso
  • Agree 2

leonardratso

There again joe, the whole thing is like a big DM sad face article, the customers are morons as well, so my sympathy for them is negligible.

On 05/07/2023 at 09:41, Heart's Ease said:

Thought I'd have a click around Halifax on the BTL mortgage page.

First paragraph:

"After the fixed period, all of our mortgages revert to a tracker rate (currently 9.34%) that tracks at +4.34% above the Bank of England Bank Rate, for the remainder of the term. Product fees can be paid up-front or added to your mortgage."

2yr LTV 70-75% initial rate 7.12%

https://www.halifax.co.uk/mortgages/buy-to-let/current-rates.html

Just for the record.

Been following this thread and Bland Insights previously on TOC for 84 years (and that countdown by Jilted Jen?). Surely it's over, now?

Worth repeating -

"After the fixed period, all of our mortgages revert to a tracker rate (currently 9.34%) that tracks at +4.34% above the Bank of England Bank Rate, for the remainder of the term. Product fees can be paid up-front or added to your mortgage."

• Agree 1
  • Love / Hugz 1
  • Bogged 1
  • Lol 1
  • Vomit 1

3 hours ago, spygirl said:

Worth repeating -

Now that's fucking mental, but realistically how many are going to end up on an SVR? What are the conditions where you end up 'trapped' in an SVR, negative equity?

• Agree 1

23 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

Now that's fucking mental, but realistically how many are going to end up on an SVR? What are the conditions where you end up 'trapped' in an SVR, negative equity?

Pretty all IO BTL.

No fucker wants them any more.

Their existing bank wont do more IO BTL products.

I reckon well see IO BTL SVR at 15% by the year end.

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1
  • Love / Hugz 3