DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 2)

spunko

Actually I'm feeling like a selfish c u n t....

These poor bastards will probably be extinct before long cos of selfish humans.....and their quest for 'sh!te cars' et al

I think I need to sell everything and go join Greenpeace for salvation.....

I know it's not the right thread but hey......ban the jets too, that's very silly....1160782421_ManedwolfinPiauStateBrazil(4).thumb.jpg.3b0e4bf73f8ee37c2c55a2119f817879.jpg

• Replies 35.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Metalheadz said:

I'd be very interested to see what you have found on HL. I've been doing a bit of research (not silver specifically) and am looking at these miners:

KESSELRUN RESOURCES LTD (KES) $13.4M
CONQUEST RESOURCES LTD (CQR) $10.7M
WARRIOR GOLD INC (WAR) $10.4M
GOLD79 MINES LTD (AUU) $8.55M

I find most stocks are not on there - no Ozzie stocks at all. I have been using Interactive Investors for ASX stocks and it's lightyears better than HL for me. Plan to move my ISA over there next year if (I can leave it alone for a few weeks) :CryBaby:

Torex Gold and Equinox Gold?

Their prices haven't risen much. But tbh i don't know much about them, so please dyor.

44 minutes ago, 5min OCD speculator said:

guys guys, got a free tip before the website goes live xD

US government are buying Nickel mines in Brazil!!!! This is really big news for the likes of HORIZONTE! :Jumping:

I'm cross posting but this is BIG NEWS - jets incoming....:P

AND it's from zerohedge! HAHAHAHAHA

The US government is taking a $25 million equity stake in Dublin-based battery metals miner TechMet, as part of a push by President Donald Trump to reduce the country’s reliance on supply chains dominated by China. 

The backing from the $60 billion US International Development Finance Corporation (DFC) will help TechMet develop a nickel and cobalt mine in Brazil. Both metals are key in the production of the batteries that power electric cars and cell phones.

TechMet’s Brazilian Nickel project, in the north-eastern state of Piauí, is estimated to hold as much as 72 million tonnes of nickel and cobalt.

So are you expecting Horizonte share price to rise short term ? 

1 hour ago, JMD said:

Harley, might be of interest, most of these have been discussed on here (i even own some, for my sins!! - as i bought in at too high price)

For the oil co's how about - ENI? Is Ovintiv to small?

Services - RPC inc., Helix Energy, Newpark Resources, Core Labs, Petrofac                                            

Are you also doing infrastructure?... Plains All American, Kinder Morgan, National Fuel Gas, Entreprise Prod Partners, Inter Pipeline Ltd, ENB, Atmos Energy, Phillips66, DCP Midstream, Atmos

Many thanks for the feedback.  No news is good news!

ENI is listed under natural gas utilities so tbd.  Yes, Ovintiv and the listed service companies are too small but I'm tempted on some!  Additionally, Petrofac is assigned to a completely different industry (although I do own for yield!).  The infrastructure ones failed the cut on the basis of their low current ratios or were in the Natural Gas Industry. Normally a value of 1 is the absolute minimum for this solvency ratio but I went for 0.9 to pick up any temporary marginals (and XOM!).  These ones are further off that with some at 0.2 something!  I had to draw the line!  That said maybe there is a case for this LP group.  Something to think about.

Many thanks for giving me the opportunity to validate things.  Best I look at the Natural Gas Industry next!

Good interview 

Australia housing around the 2 minute mark about how recently they are removing the responsible lending rules for mortgages 

Some have mentioned here about governments will always support the housing market god knows what's they plan

https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/boris-johnson-speech-conservative-party-conference-111324985.html

Johnson used a major speech on Tuesday at the Conservatives’ annual conference, held virtually for the first time, to tap into the party’s traditional focus on home ownership. “We will help turn generation rent into generation buy,” he said.

The prime minister vowed to hand aspiring buyers new long-term, fixed-rate mortgages with just 5% deposits, in the “biggest expansion of home ownership since the 1980s.” The right-to-buy policy in that decade helped many council tenants buy their own homes.

Well, if anyone offered me a 95% LTV reasonable fixed-rate loan on a house I'm renting at the moment (it's around £500k) I'd very strongly consider it. I'm not really bothered with potential price drops, I can see myself staying in this place for the next 20 years anyway. It's the fact that I'd have to shell out most of my savings and miss the inflation cycle opportunities that's putting me off, but a 5% deposit changes that equation.

2 hours ago, Junction25 said:

So are you expecting Horizonte share price to rise short term ? 

I only expect the sun to go down later, rise in the morning and then be another day closer to death....

Most other stuff is sh!te from the media and on the internet from kn0bs like me :o

re the share price...it is going up! Look at the graph....

Do some research, post some graphs......you need to bring more 'to the party'! :)

Edit: forgot to say, I'm here for the 'therapy' cos I'm a 5min adrenalin 'nut job' :o

And OIL is clearing 40bucks......:Jumping:

sancho panza
On 30/09/2020 at 20:01, Cattle Prod said:

Funny you say that. I was re-reading the Goehring & Rosencwajyz stuff again, and I overlooked the Emerging Markets point the first time. They may be on to something:

image.png.dae8d40cb7277d87f49a1d5f8144a64a.png

https://f.hubspotusercontent40.net/hubfs/4043042/Commentaries/2020.Q2 Commentary/2020.02 Goehring %26 Rozencwajg Market Commentary.pdf

This is where I had the feeling i'd seen it before CP.Different format.Same figures.My apologies.I had a sneaking feeling I'd seen it before somewhow.

45 minutes ago, DoINeedOne said:

Saw this on Twitter today a interesting read https://quillette.com/2019/02/27/why-renewables-cant-save-the-planet/

Fooking post of the year!

Summary if you can't be RSed to read it:

France had everything sorted with nuclear power

Interfering cunts from other countries and the gas and oil industry brainwashed everyone and fucked the world up even more with the dream of renewables....

Long live the republique! Truth or cognitive bias? :P

sancho panza

Are retns going to reduce in Londinium.BTLers to get their 3% gross yield squeezed some more in the smoke? Smaller/cheaper places moving up??

https://wolfstreet.com/2020/10/01/san-francisco-rents-in-free-fall-new-york-rents-swoon-expensive-cities-college-towns-cities-in-texas-other-states-sag-but-in-16-cities-rents-jump-double-digits/

The combination of work-from-anywhere, ridiculously expensive rents, and coronavirus-fears associated with being on crowded elevators in apartment towers, is doing a job on the rental market in San Francisco. And not just in San Francisco, but also in New York, Seattle, Boston, San Jose, Los Angeles, Washington DC, Denver, and other expensive big-city rental markets. But it’s hitting San Francisco, the most expensive rental market, the hardest.

In some other markets, rents are skyrocketing. So here we go with our roller-coaster ride through the cities.

image.png.1a263969a43ec0b07a88d2795d212639.png

image.thumb.png.db879ac24218114c2a653562e7cc9cb1.png

image.thumb.png.c876b32b3c938cdbc5ac73dba5f9342f.png

30 minutes ago, 5min OCD speculator said:

Fooking post of the year!

Summary if you can't be RSed to read it:

France had everything sorted with nuclear power

Interfering cunts from other countries and the gas and oil industry brainwashed everyone and fucked the world up even more with the dream of renewables....

Long live the republique! Truth or cognitive bias? :P

Of course,renewables are fantastic for gas,and the supply chain,oil.Thats why the cycle ahead where they build out massive amounts will be fantastic for big oil.

Lets hope BP get the run up in price before they start selling too many assets.

Telia offloads carrier unit to pension fund for $1.1 billion

Swedish telco group Telia has bowed out of the international carrier services market.

The company on Tuesday announced it has agreed to sell Telia Carrier to Swedish pension investment vehicle Polhem Infra for the princely sum of SEK9.45 billion ($1.06 billion). Telia and Telia Carrier have established a long-term strategic partnership to ensure they can still serve wholesale and enterprise customers effectively.

“The divestment of Telia Carrier highlights the value Telia has built in its digital infrastructure – and today we are able to crystallise some of that value,” said Telia CEO Allison Kirkby, in a statement. “As a consequence, we can now fully concentrate on our Nordic and Baltic footprint, while we at the same time have secured future access for our customers to Telia Carrier’s world-leading solutions.”

For years now the international carrier services market has been characterised by downward pressure on prices, termination rates and roaming fees – as well as a fall in volume of wholesale voice traffic – driven by regulation and the rise of free or extremely cheap, Internet-based comms providers.

A quick scan of Telia’s financial reports shows that between 2015 and 2019, revenue at Telia Carrier fell by 18.2 percent. Carriers are working their socks off to offset declines in their legacy markets by rolling out services to global hyperscalers and OTT players, but judging by Telia Carrier’s books, they have yet to reach an inflection point.

The value then is in Telia Carrier’s reach and the capability of the underlying infrastructure. Given that people and businesses are only going to use more and more data going forward, it makes sense that pension funds on the look out for long-term bets would be interested.

“We see it as a long-term investment in digital infrastructure, one of our core areas,” commented Mikael Lundin, CEO of Polhem Infra, in a separate statement.

The cash and debt free deal will see Telia book a SEK7 billion capital gain at closing. Crucially for Telia’s investors, it has enabled the company to reinstate its 2019 full-year dividend to SEK2.45 per share. Telia was forced to cut its payout in March this year to SEK1.80 per share after coronavirus lockdown measures saw revenues plunge at its TV and Media division. Its cash reserves have since been boosted though: in addition to today’s deal, Telia in June sold its Turkcell stake for SEK4.72 billion.

“The majority of the proceeds from the [Telia Carrier] sale will be used to strengthen our balance sheet and thereby provide a solid financial base for Telia Company and our shareholders, enabling both investments in services and networks in our core markets as well as providing a strong foundation for attractive shareholder remuneration,” Kirkby said.

As for Polhem Infra, it is now the proud owner of 67,000 km of directly-owned fibre backbone, and 320 PoPs. “Telia Carrier transports a significant amount of all public Internet data traffic. Telia Carrier is one of the leading companies in the world in this industry. This digital infrastructure is a national asset that Polhem Infra will own,” Lundin said.

Polhem is jointly owned by a group of Swedish national pension funds: First AP Fund, Third AP Fund and Fourth AP Fund. They form the country’s income-based pension scheme, funded by taxpayers. “With Polhem Infra, Telia Carrier gets a long-term stable owner with digital infrastructure as a core area. Polhem Infra’s long-term perspective gives stability for customers, employees and society,” Lundin said.

9 minutes ago, DurhamBorn said:

Lets hope BP get the run up in price before they start selling too many assets.

I completely fooked it with BP o.O Actually my average is still less then £3 but.......

RDSB raining money this week - it's certainly an interesting 'game'

Thanks everyone for 'playing' xD

59 minutes ago, 5min OCD speculator said:

I only expect the sun to go down later, rise in the morning and then be another day closer to death....

Most other stuff is sh!te from the media and on the internet from kn0bs like me :o

re the share price...it is going up! Look at the graph....

Do some research, post some graphs......you need to bring more 'to the party'! :)

Edit: forgot to say, I'm here for the 'therapy' cos I'm a 5min adrenalin 'nut job' :o

And OIL is clearing 40bucks......:Jumping:

You should get into crypto, would be right up your street.

7 minutes ago, Craig said:

You should get into crypto, would be right up your street.

Don't go there, the spreads are sh!te, seriously anybody who trades that now is worse than me* :P

it's ok if you got in at the bottom and you're HODLing for a few million :Old:

*I trade Cable on margin with a CFD account......and DAX and Nasdaq......but more often than not I get my arse handed to me on a plate.....hence the need to concentrate more on 'longer term' investments xD

PS if you trade cryptos cos you think they only go up, the same applies to the Stock Markets yes? So it's a case of 'picking bottoms' or trading 'pullbacks'........

IE. I fucked RDSB up the arse last week; bottom picking AND leverage combined........now it's a question of how long can I run it for???.........we have a RUNNER OUT OF STABLE 6, YEEHAH!! :Jumping:

leonardratso

i made some good money on alien metals.

Not bothered about the name, ive evn bought some SNOWFLAKE and PHAG.

Ive steered clear of the daft vegan shite though like BYND, looks like that was a mistake, should have gone with the millenials.

4 minutes ago, leonardratso said:

i made some good money on alien metals.

Not bothered about the name, ive evn bought some SNOWFLAKE and PHAG.

Ive steered clear of the daft vegan shite though like BYND, looks like that was a mistake, should have gone with the millenials.

Interesting momo plays........don't you get sh!te spreads? What platform are you using?

leonardratso
7 minutes ago, 5min OCD speculator said:

Interesting momo plays........don't you get sh!te spreads? What platform are you using?

T212 and lloyds(rebadged halifax share dealing).

leonardratso

just tried a ufo quote;

Buy  9900   UFO - ALIEN METALS LTD COM SHS NPV DI   at a price of   0.697p

was quoted 0.69 to 0.70p then got offered 0.697p, ill try a sell

sel quote;

UFO - ALIEN METALS LTD COM SHS NPV DI   at a price of   0.6802p

4 minutes ago, leonardratso said:

T212 and lloyds(rebadged halifax share dealing).

so you're trading with an app?

I need to look into WisdomTree.....is that what the younguns are using to gamble nowadays?

3x ETF Silver short anyone? Is that the sort of thing?

Disclaimer for newbies: this is not gamblers anonymous.....your money is at risk xD

leonardratso

well no, i just use T212 thru the website, got it on a tablet for when im on the bog as well, cant cart desktop in there 12 times a day.

1 minute ago, Loki said:

My NGD bought 25/06/2018 just ticked back into blue :Jumping:

hurrah, correct thread! well done. Drop off your card and pick up your stuff on the way out.

@leonardratso takes 'nut job of the day award' with a late hour surge :Old:

Edit: I need to go away for a while......but I'm fascinated, post some screen shots please.....

or any other info....

Gamblers on the sidelines, don't be shy, chip in with your own experiences :P

Archived