DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 2)

spunko

leonardratso
7 minutes ago, 5min OCD speculator said:

@leonardratso takes 'nut job of the day award' with a late hour surge :Old:

Edit: I need to go away for a while......but I'm fascinated, post some screen shots please.....

or any other info....

Gamblers on the sidelines, don't be shy, chip in with your own experiences :P

your revoked suspended prison sentences are of no interest to us.

Just sign up to T212, costs nowt if you dont use it, Ive just set up sector pies on autoinvest so i dont have to do nuttin except feed in cash and look at my losses. Its an automated get broke quick scheme. they do CFD as well if your so inclined. Theres a practise mode as well - zero commission to buy, so i can quite happily buy £2 of tesla.

• Replies 35.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
leonardratso
1 minute ago, leonardratso said:

Just sign up to T212, costs nowt if you dont use it, Ive just set up sector pies on autoinvest so i dont have to do nuttin except feed in cash and look at my losses. Its an automated get broke quick scheme. they do CFD as well if your so inclined. Theres a practise mode as well - zero commission to buy, so i can quite happily buy £2 of tesla.

here sign up using my refer code and we can both get a free share, just pay a quid in, then withdraw it again.

www.trading212.com/invite/GIghWDrz

Mind you last guy to use that we didnt get owt, so thats annoying.

Noallegiance
2 hours ago, DoINeedOne said:

Good interview 

Australia housing around the 2 minute mark about how recently they are removing the responsible lending rules for mortgages 

Some have mentioned here about governments will always support the housing market god knows what's they plan

https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/boris-johnson-speech-conservative-party-conference-111324985.html

Johnson used a major speech on Tuesday at the Conservatives’ annual conference, held virtually for the first time, to tap into the party’s traditional focus on home ownership. “We will help turn generation rent into generation buy,” he said.

The prime minister vowed to hand aspiring buyers new long-term, fixed-rate mortgages with just 5% deposits, in the “biggest expansion of home ownership since the 1980s.” The right-to-buy policy in that decade helped many council tenants buy their own homes.

STOP FUCKING IT UP YOU CUNTS

6 hours ago, Hardhat said:

Is that separate company Siemens Gamesa?

They have many many branches.. i really don't know.. siemens building automation, siemens trains, siemens traffic lights, siemens medical make the big body 3d scanners.. and on and on it goes.. 

But the one that might be interesting is the turbine technologies.. 

Make lots of wind farms and water turbines, wave as well i think.. 

Not sure if they do solar as well..

I've not checked my shares.. im a bit lazy.. but the message I got was talking about the energy sector splitting from the main siemens parent company.. 

I'm no investor.. i just buy a few big companies and hope for the best.. 

Screenshot_20201006-163827_Facebook.jpg

leonardratso
Company details
Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy SA, formerly Gamesa Corporacion Tecnologica SA, is a Spain-based company engaged in the renewable energy equipment manufacture. The Company specializes in the promotion and development of wind farms, as well as the engineering, design, production and sale of wind turbines. Its activities are divided into two business segments: Wind Turbines and Operation and maintenance (O&M). The Wind Turbines division offers wind turbines for various pitch and speed technology, as well as provides development, construction and sale of energy plants. The O&M division is responsible for the management, monitoring and maintenance of wind farms. In addition, through Gamesa Electric, the Company develops electronic equipment, such as power station inverters, electrical system components, motors and generators, as well as drives and converters. It operates through numerous subsidiaries in Spain, Brazil, Mexico, India, China and the United States, among others.

leonardratso
Company details
Siemens AG is a Germany-based technology company. It operates through seven segments: Digital Industries, which offers products and system solutions for automation used in discrete and process industries; Smart Infrastructure, which supplies and intelligently connects energy systems and building technologies; Gas and Power, which offers products, solutions and services for generating electricity, for producing and transporting oil and gas, as well as for downstream and oil and gas-related operations; Mobility, which combines all Siemens businesses in the area of passenger and freight transportation; Siemens Healthineers, which supplies technology to the healthcare industry and engages in diagnostic imaging and laboratory diagnostics; Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy, which designs,and produces wind turbines, and sales wind farms, and Financial Services (SFS), which offers leasing solutions and equipment, project and structured financing in the form of debt and equity investments.

6 hours ago, JMD said:

Harley, might be of interest, most of these have been discussed on here (i even own some, for my sins!! - as i bought in at too high price)

For the oil co's how about - ENI? Is Ovintiv to small?

Services - RPC inc., Helix Energy, Newpark Resources, Core Labs, Petrofac                                            

Are you also doing infrastructure?... Plains All American, Kinder Morgan, National Fuel Gas, Entreprise Prod Partners, Inter Pipeline Ltd, ENB, Atmos Energy, Phillips66, DCP Midstream, Atmos

Here's my list for the Investing.com Natural Gas Utilities industry.  Same criteria as before.  DYOR as before!

438171436_NatGasv2.PNG.9171fc738a925a3dcbc9a2c56775695d.PNG

A few of the missing ones on your list but many failed with bad current ratio scores.  Some real dogs!  C****** was in there briefly but there were bigger boys, just as well given its 508% debt ratio!  However, a couple on the list are eye watering too.  One company seems to have 83% of its assets as goodwill and/or intangibles!  Generally a bit of a dog sector (polarised scores) based on my limited review requiring some careful footwork, unless a rising tide floats all boats or, as Buffet would possible say,  covers up the naked swimmers!

Warning:  My prior list, which I deleted, contained errors.  Maybe this one does too so please DYOR.

Democorruptcy
22 hours ago, Panda said:

Analyst consensus for the RDSB share price forecast trends towards the stock is moving higher. Of the 20 analysts that have issued 12-month price targets for the stock, the median target is £15.25, with a high estimate of £31.00 and a low of £10.50, suggesting a 62 per cent increase in the share price, according to Financial Times data.

Swiss bank UBS (UBSG) on September 28 set a price target for the stock of £17.50 and a “buy” rating, while on September 30, Credit Suisse (CS) reiterated its “buy” rating with a target of £15.50 per share.

https://capital.com/shell-share-price-forecast-for-years-ahead

You didn't quote the best bit!

An effective restructuring and higher oil prices are essential for Shell, as on its current path the stock is set to continue declining according to WalletInvestor. Its Shell share price prediction has the stock halving again to £4.71 per share based on its current trajectory.

Were you worried your lass was watching?

6 hours ago, Castlevania said:

Premier Oil up 10% too (on being acquired on the cheap)

Why are people still trading this company? Is it likely to go up for any reason?

1 hour ago, leonardratso said:

are you making money here or just playing to relieve your boredom?

what's your news source for PHAGs, snowflakes and naked peloton riding? Genuinely interested....

I've heard about this buying 'part of a share' cos they've gone up in value so much.....what a load of poo :P

Good luck!

20 minutes ago, Google247 said:

Why are people still trading this company? Is it likely to go up for any reason?

OIL is bombing up the motorway, a rising tide raises all flotsum, jetsum and other turds.....

I can see you're not paying attention at the back; nurse will be round to deal with you shortly :o

leonardratso
5 minutes ago, 5min OCD speculator said:

are you making money here or just playing to relieve your boredom?

what's your news source for PHAGs, snowflakes and naked peloton riding? Genuinely interested....

I've heard about this buying 'part of a share' cos they've gone up in value so much.....what a load of poo :P

Good luck!

news source?

hahaha, i use massive veg, which is an anti barometer to zero hedge.

I did used to use @Yellow_Reduced_Sticker and some old tea leaves, but theyve been unreliable of late.

1 minute ago, leonardratso said:

some old tea leaves

yeah my tea leaves have gone off the boil too.........gonna try pulling hairs out my bollocks and making interesting patterns with them? :P

leonardratso

nasdaq peck

is another with a double entendre name, but hell im doing well with old peck, i watched it a couple of weeks ago trending on twitter, i thought id buy a tenners worth, and now i can sell up and buy a loaf of bread. Read it and weep at the massive capital deployed and gained;

image.png.ffd1ce8e70a4b446567bef668ef02180.png

UnconventionalWisdom

@DurhamBorn thanks for your great insights over the past few years. It really is because you and the other contributors that I got into investing and am fancinated by the macro play as well as how that affects people and politics. Your dollar calls are scarily good and the fact they were talking about infrastructure improvements to reflate the economy made me apprecite this thread as a crystal ball. 

I have been investing in both ISA and LISA but stayed in my company pension (NEST). After they have turned their back on oil and energy it was the final straw and I've opted to get out- again hat-tip for keeping up with the news and bringing it to the thread. I'm a big cog at a small SME so my employer is happy to make the same contribution to the SIPP I'll set up. 

I just wanted to check with the hive whether they are happy with Hargreaves Landsdown with their offerings/platform fees etc? 

I have my LISA with AJ Bell and ISA with Freetrade and figure it's best to spread investments accross different providers to minimise risk if one goes bust. Not at the 85k limit but expect to be in a few years.

2 hours ago, Democorruptcy said:

You didn't quote the best bit!

Were you worried your lass was watching?

Her words.

Big short sell going on here. They'll have to close it sooner or later....

Big hold.

19 minutes ago, UnconventionalWisdom said:

@DurhamBorn thanks for your great insights over the past few years. It really is because you and the other contributors that I got into investing and am fancinated by the macro play as well as how that affects people and politics. Your dollar calls are scarily good and the fact they were talking about infrastructure improvements to reflate the economy made me apprecite this thread as a crystal ball. 

I have been investing in both ISA and LISA but stayed in my company pension (NEST). After they have turned their back on oil and energy it was the final straw and I've opted to get out- again hat-tip for keeping up with the news and bringing it to the thread. I'm a big cog at a small SME so my employer is happy to make the same contribution to the SIPP I'll set up. 

I just wanted to check with the hive whether they are happy with Hargreaves Landsdown with their offerings/platform fees etc? 

I have my LISA with AJ Bell and ISA with Freetrade and figure it's best to spread investments accross different providers to minimise risk if one goes bust. Not at the 85k limit but expect to be in a few years.

I think HL is dirt cheap for SIPPs if you hold individual shares and not funds.They have a max £200 fee so a £100k SIPP would be 0.2% a year,a £200k one 0.1%.Under £40k though i think its 0.4% but compared to an IFA in funds of around 2.2% it makes a massive difference.

People simply dont understand the amount of energy used in an industrial cycle.Its way higher than a consumer cycle.Even better the market things a big windmill just appears in the sea.The narrative is a contrarians dream.The easy way for a fund manager to lose his job now is go long energy.

I've got some insights......it might have been different in the past but this is how the markets work now...

are you ready?

it could be a game changer......

ECqhRwIWkAANSmr.jpg.75d9263e242a4480cdaadff901592666.jpg

5 minutes ago, Loki said:

Stimulus talks have been called off

Exactly, rally over, I'm dumping everything in the morning and going on extended holiday in protest :P

miley.jpeg

Why would gold dump as well? Thought it would love things like this.

Trump should have spent the cash....not really gonna do his election chances any good when there will be more hardship

Archived