DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 2)

spunko

1 hour ago, 5min OCD speculator said:

you should already be prepped! This is me and a mate having a 'hedge fund' meeting earlier :Jumping:

visit-the-bro-s-replica.jpg

Just rememember the SMG kicks up badly so keep on some top pressure else it'll be clay pigeon time!

• Replies 35.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ThoughtCriminal
5 minutes ago, Harley said:

Clearly not all investors.  Maybe "mates" would be a better word?

Anyone who thinks there's a free market is insane. Or is about to arse rape you. 

11 minutes ago, Democorruptcy said:

American Airlines are currently up 80% in pre-market trading. They have 25% short interest, 152m shares.

Are we going to see firms have huge gains from people rushing to close shorts in case they are the next reddit target. Then if this reddit thing is closed down, a lot of firms that went up on fear, would then be worth shorting on fundamentals, IF.... you had the balls?

This is NOT advice xD

So what were looking at is a total inversion of fundamental stock valuations as everyone rushes out to buy the worst performing most shorted companies ?. ... And people keep telling me there no "logic" to bitcoin.

1 minute ago, ThoughtCriminal said:

Anyone who thinks there's a free market is insane. Or is about to arse rape you. 

And AMC. 

Robinhood sacrificed to keep the plates spinning?

1 minute ago, goldbug9999 said:

So what were looking at is a total inversion of fundamental stock valuations

meh! the FED started it in 2008, I don't see a problem with these 'free markets' myself :ph34r:

geordie_lurch
2 minutes ago, ThoughtCriminal said:

If the Reddit lot get cheated out of their legitimate gains here I can see them trying to tear down the whole thing - physical metals and Bitcoin would seem the obvious choice to stick it to TPTB

Democorruptcy
Just now, goldbug9999 said:

So what were looking at is a total inversion of fundamental stock valuations as everyone rushes out to but the worst performing most shorted companies ?.

Yes, the firms have so many shorts because they don't have good fundamentals. In the short term they could go up as the shorts are closed.

Folk like Michael Burry could be making fortunes, even if he isn't really doing anything with Gamestop, that was just the torpedo. He could be temporarily going long as shorts are closed on other firms. I think we are going to find out which are the shrewdest hedge funds, where there are winners, somebody has to pay and others go bust.

8 minutes ago, geordie_lurch said:

If the Reddit lot get cheated out of their legitimate gains here I can see them trying to tear down the whole thing - physical metals and Bitcoin would seem the obvious choice to stick it to TPTB

That’s going to make it worse. They’ll just move onto something else.  They should really be trying to keep it contained to a few stocks. Let them have a win, some gains and throw a hedge or two under the bus.  Let those who came late to party lose their paper gains as it unwinds.  

Antagonizing the mob is insane.

1 minute ago, feed said:

That’s going to make it worse. They’ll just move onto something else.  They should really be trying to keep it contained to a few stocks. Let them have a win, some gains and throw a hedge or two under the bus.  Let those who came late to party lose their paper gains as it unwinds.  

Antagonizing the mob is insane.

true, silver is being mentioned more now on the reddit, maybe theyve forced them elsewhere, contagion.

1 hour ago, geordie_lurch said:

More evidence they might be on the ropes...

Nasdaq CEO Suggests Halt to Trading to Allow Investors to ‘Recalibrate Their Positions’ After GameStop Surge

Nasdaq CEO Adena Friedman suggested Wednesday that her exchange could halt trading activity for stocks, in the event they were targeted by internet users, to enable the exchange to investigate possible manipulation and allow investors to “recalibrate.”

She made the comment in a morning interview with CNBC’s Joe Kernen, speaking in reference to price surges inspired by Reddit users. Members of the website’s “WallStreetBets” forum caused stock prices to surge to obscene heights this week for companies including GameStop and AMC Theatres.

“I think that, in general, when we evaluate how we would manage through a situation where you see a significant run-up in a stock not based on news, not based on fundamentals — what we do is we do have technology that evaluates social media chatter. If we see a significant rise in the chatter on social media channels … we also match that up against unusual trading activity, [and] potentially halt that stock to allow ourselves to investigate the situation, to be able to engage with the company, and to give investors a chance to recalibrate their positions.”

https://www.mediaite.com/news/nasdaq-ceo-suggests-halt-to-trading-to-allow-big-investors-to-recalibrate-their-positions-to-combat-reddit-users/

Forgive my ignorance, but how can they 'recalibrate their positions' if trading is halted?!

1 minute ago, leonardratso said:

true, silver is being mentioned more now on the reddit, maybe theyve forced them elsewhere, contagion.

I went out to the local coin shop and topped up another 100 Oz of physical. Gamestop' has become 'Game-on' . Fascinating.

4 hours ago, ThoughtCriminal said:

Centrica? 🙈

they're up 2.5% and everything else is getting mullered....did you go in without us you Judas!? xD

8 minutes ago, Craig said:

Forgive my ignorance, but how can they 'recalibrate their positions' if trading is halted?!

she was talking complete shite, most women do it unfortunately.....

21 minutes ago, goldbug9999 said:

So what were looking at is a total inversion of fundamental stock valuations as everyone rushes out to buy the worst performing most shorted companies ?. ... And people keep telling me there no "logic" to bitcoin.

It's a sobering lesson in the true nature of markets. We're getting deeper into game theory territory now, trick is to work out the "level" of your game (if you're playing at all).

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keynesian_beauty_contest

See also: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guess_2/3_of_the_average

"The lowest, "Level 0" players, choose numbers randomly from the interval [0,100]. The next higher, "Level 1" players believe that all other players are Level 0. These Level 1 players therefore reason that the average of all numbers submitted should be around 50. If p=2/3, for instance, these Level 1 players choose, as their number, 2/3 of 50, or 33. Similarly, the next higher "Level 2" players in the 2/3-the average game believe that all other players are Level 1 players. These Level 2 players therefore reason that the average of all numbers submitted should be around 33, and so they choose, as their number, 2/3 of 33 or 22. Similarly, the next higher "Level 3" players play a best response to the play of Level 2 players and so on. The Nash equilibrium of this game, where all players choose the number 0, is thus associated with an infinite level of reasoning. Empirically, in a single play of the game, the typical finding is that most participants can be classified from their choice of numbers as members of the lowest Level types 0, 1, 2 or 3, in line with Keynes' observation."

Democorruptcy
3 minutes ago, 5min OCD speculator said:

they're up 2.5% and everything else is getting mullered....did you go in without us you Judas!? xD

Own up somebody, who sent the begging private messge to a reddit leader xD

12 minutes ago, Craig said:

Recalbrate positions = remove ability to buy certain stocks

1 minute ago, Heart's Ease said:

Recalbrate positions = remove ability to buy certain stocks

Only for certain parties, I'd imagine.

Little bit of 'out of hours' action for the hedge funds?

ThoughtCriminal
9 minutes ago, 5min OCD speculator said:

He who dares rodders, he who dares........ 😂

I wouldn't have the balls, it's carnage out there 

2 minutes ago, geordie_lurch said:

Not as much as silver at +2.54%

DAX is +300 since this morning's low lmfao!!! 

3 hours ago, geordie_lurch said:

GME is currently $498 pre market xD

I think this could suck a lot of liquidity out of things :ph34r:

Edge of seat stuff... if only 'our' (so called) BBC could make drama programs as good as this!

As an aside (well excuse for posting?!) - I read that the government have now withdrawn their idea - and so it will remain on the books that anyone caught without a TV license, will still be charged with a criminal - and imprisonable - offence. I wonder, is this anything to do with the 'wonderful propaganda job' the BBC are doing in regard to Corona?

3 minutes ago, ThoughtCriminal said:

He who dares rodders, he who dares........ 😂

I wouldn't have the balls, it's carnage out there 

0_6uQ766xAAxVMuMOw.jpg

geordie_lurch
4 minutes ago, JMD said:

Edge of seat stuff... if only 'our' (so called) BBC could make drama programs as good as this!

Back down to $370 now premarket but TPTB have stopped people buying GME and others via Robinhood and other platforms which shows how rigged and potentially scared they are :PissedOff:

Archived