DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 2)

spunko

2 minutes ago, Green Devil said:

So if people are buying, they halt the stock? What a crock of shite. Too many crooks under water. The Silver shorts must be shitting their pants!

Thanks, just gave me this great earworm:

• Replies 35.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

seems like a good time to fuck up a good fund (now noone will notice);

NINETY ONE ENHANCED NAT RES I ACC - Important Information

Proposed Merger of Ninety One Enhanced Natural Resources I ACC (Natural Resources) Fund with Ninety One Global Environment I Acc (Environment) Fund.

Holders will receive New Environment units at a rate yet to be determined.

Important Information & Other Key Dates:

On 6th January 2021 Ninety One announced a proposed Merger of its Natural Resources Fund with its Environment Fund.

The Merger is subject to shareholder approval at the Investor Meeting to be held on 10th February 2021.

Following such approval the Merger is expected to become effective on 5th March 2021..

Should you retain your holding we will update your account upon receipt of the New units which we expect to be on or after the 8th March 2021.

The number of New units issued will be different from the number of units you currently hold due to the price difference between the two Funds . However your New units will have the same value immediately after the Merger as that of your Existing units immediately prior to the Merger.

If you wish to sell your Existing Global Energy Fund units the last day on which they could be sold would be the 4th March 2021. Please ensure any sale requests are submitted to us, leaving sufficient time for the transaction to be processed and prior to the 11.15am deadline.

As with any change in a Fund you should review the latest Key Investor Information Document (KIID). This can be accessed through our online service under the market information section or be requested through our call centre.

Should you wish to find more information about the Merger, please visit the Ninety One website, www.ninetyone.com/

geordie_lurch
Just now, JMD said:

Yep, rigged financial markets, and rigged media outlets (social and broadcast)... interesting/depressing times.

GME just hit $400 again now though - TPTB are losing B|

4 minutes ago, Green Devil said:

This is bloody hilarious and shows up the entire system for what a scam it truly is!

It show's that the whole thing is not designed to make everyone wealthy, just those allowed by 'law'.

9 minutes ago, leonardratso said:

seems like a good time to fuck up a good fund (now noone will notice);

Shame, one of the few worthwhile funds I can access in my work pension. There is JP Morgan Nat Resources which I'll have to switch to but it doesn't have quite the same balance as that one.

Another one down, GME halted.

The crooks are throwing the towel :CryBaby:

I'm up, running, and making £££!!! Get a decent platform :P

1 minute ago, 5min OCD speculator said:

I'm up, running, and making £££!!! Get a decent platform :P

Gamestop, and First Majestic back up now. Its an exchange halt. Not a platform halt.

6 minutes ago, Ma2 said:

Shame, one of the few worthwhile funds I can access in my work pension. There is JP Morgan Nat Resources which I'll have to switch to but it doesn't have quite the same balance as that one.

yeah, i havent looked at the environment one that its merging, need to check that, but ill bet its a load of woke shit.

Gamestop, and First Majestic back up now. Its an exchange halt. Not a platform halt.

cool, we need a chartists thread! Gold was a nice long off a previous high too ;)

1 hour ago, goldbug9999 said:

6% mortgage rate ? on what planet is that going happen. 

It does seem a million years away from where we are now with -ve interest rates I agree! Glad to have the discussion, that's why I posted.

However I was making some very broad assumptions just to illustrate some figures to assist my thought process, but based on some of the ideas from this thread -

• Monetary inflation now leading to price inflation increasing through the cycle
  • Possibly to start arriving towards end of this year
  • TPTB run interest rates a little behind inflation to inflate away the massive borrowing that's happening now
  • Inflation to get out of control with TPTB unable to reign it back in, possibly into double digit territory
  • So say inflation starts at 2% this year and it goes up 1% each year that's 12% in 10 years time so 6% average
  • If interest rates run at a level that would be 6%, admit they will run it behind inflation but leaving myself a worse case scenario that inflation and rates run higher

Interest rates do run along with inflation, from investopedia -

• Periods of rapid inflation occur when the prices of goods and services in an economy suddenly rise, eroding the purchasing power of savings.
  • The 1970s saw some of the highest rates of inflation in the United States in recent history, with interest rates rising in turn to nearly 20%.
  • Central bank policy, the abandonment of the gold window, Keynesian economic policy, and market psychology all contributed to this decade of high inflation.

4 minutes ago, 5min OCD speculator said:

cool, we need a chartists thread! Gold was a nice long off a previous high too ;)

I feel sorry for the guy that bought 483, on GME thats gonna hurt :CryBaby:

Dd1pB-TU0AAgOIl.jpg

geordie_lurch
10 minutes ago, Green Devil said:

It's back up to 411 now so maybe it will hit the $1000 they claim they want o.O

1 hour ago, Craig said:

Think that horse has bolted. There's been a global crackdown on privacy coins, and a move toward KYC etc being mandatory for any crypto purchases.

But I would argue that those moves were expected to happen. After all, if everyone 'went off-grid' so to speak (and mostly i'd hazard to guess it would be the wealthy), society would collapse. In reality, there has always to be a practical transition from where we are now, to any potential utopian vision (and i say that as a libertarian). 

However, i wasn't talking about annonimity/secrecy, neither did i mention crypto btw. For me blockchain is about financial transparency, ownership and p2p trust issues - powerful concepts for the individual as the state becomes ever more powerful. How the government/private crypto currency universe is implemented, in i suspect the coming very near future - is i would agree another important topic, but i think it can be a separate topic.

7 minutes ago, Democorruptcy said:

FTSE is noticeably red compared to other indices.

Vaccine news? Germany suggests there is no proof of enough efficacy in the AZO vaccine in those 65 or older. We have just jabbed loads of them with it.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-55839885

Doctors are as bad as bankers nowadays, fuck em all!! :P

The margin on Silver ain't as bad as I thought, I might try and behave like one of those HODL nutters xD

kso79vekcs501.jpg

looking fairly fooked now;

image.png.973441cd71b6dae416a89389783c4cbe.png

but like i said, it was just a punt, so not too bothered about it, cutting off the brokers was the catalyst, i think they are going to lose a lot of custom after this.

26 minutes ago, leonardratso said:

yeah, i havent looked at the environment one that its merging, need to check that, but ill bet its a load of woke shit.

Understand it's energy, but chalk and cheese really. Might be worth leaving some in there as a hedge but equipment will be hit hard in any inflationary environment

Security Weight
XINYI SOLAR HLDGS LTD 7.50%
VESTAS WIND SYSTEMS 7.38%
NEXTERA ENERGY INC 6.48%
WASTE MANAGEMENT INC 6.00%
SCHNEIDER ELECTRIC SE 5.29%
APTIV 4.88%
ORSTED A/S 4.83%
TE CONNECTIVITY LTD 4.77%
WUXI LEAD AUTO EQUIPMENT CO LTD 4.45%

IBERDROLA SA                                                       4.23%

Sector Weight

Technology Hardware & Equipment 22.33%

Renewable Energy 19.72%

Electronic & Electrical Equipment 14.65%

Electricity 14.30%

Waste & Disposal Services 8.56%

Automobiles & Parts 4.88%

Gas, Water & Multi-utilities 4.83%

Chemicals 3.95%

General Industrials 3.52%

Pharmaceuticals & Biotechnology 2.01%

8 minutes ago, leonardratso said:

looking fairly fooked now;

image.png.973441cd71b6dae416a89389783c4cbe.png

but like i said, it was just a punt, so not too bothered about it, cutting off the brokers was the catalyst, i think they are going to lose a lot of custom after this.

Funny how the ones that are up are halted. GME, AG. The ones that are down are allowed to fall! What a scam!

Archived