DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Death Of London

spygirl

wherebee
On 09/03/2024 at 23:17, spygirl said:

You want an easy, sure fire middle income?

And you can use a computer and turn up for work?

Nurse.

Unlike Dr, Easy to get training.

Pays very well.

Soon - a v dim light bulb will go on - our current set of female nurses are shit and can't use a computer, never  mind turn up.

That bloke who retrained, turns up for every shift and can use the computer ....

funnily enough, heathcare is one of the rising choices here for new workers - in my sons circle, 2 have gone into heathcare/nursing which was never on the radar for my generation.

honkydonkey
On 02/04/2024 at 10:19, AWW said:

Don't really understand how having kids would suddenly make London shit. There's loads of stuff for them to do. Far more than in, say, my home city back in Yorkshire. Personally, I'm ready to move back there (Mrs AWW isn't, but she's an actual born and bred Londoner, a rare breed) but wanting to move out is nothing to do with us having kids, more to do with my own interests changing as I age.
It's just another trope trotted out by people who don't actually live here and think everywhere in London is like Forest Gate or West Norwood, and that kids must be brought up in some sparsely populated rural backwater otherwise they'll join a man dem at 14 and be out wetting their rivals.

There is not 'loads to do' for kids in London. I grew up there so know exactly what there is to do. Running the gauntlet to Park Royal cinema without the wogs sticking their hands in your pockets, riding the tube to Harrow without looking at someone wrong, going down the park where all the kids are smoking weed in the playground. I lived in Ruislip which has a giant woodland, going there was about the best thing to do when I was a kid. Still had council house scumbags to negotiate. My young days involved getting fucked up on weed and booze like everyone else I knew.

Luckily my family moved to Norfolk for my niece and nephew. Admittedly it involved more driving for the parents, but the activities were far more wholesome. Also half the kids live on farms or families work on farms so have quad bikes, driving land rovers around etc, much better than chuffing on some weed on some swings. Now they're young adults they have far more quality of life, employment is good, going to the beach after work, lots of nice pubs without trouble. London is a troublesome shithole for youngsters due to the people that inhabit it. Lots of born and bred Londoners are cunts too.

• Agree 5
  • Informative 2
  • Cheers 1

It's changed a lot since you grew up. And the things you describe can happen in the crap bits of any UK town or city.

• Agree 1

Bobthebuilder
2 hours ago, honkydonkey said:

Lots of born and bred Londoners are cunts too.

Loads of arseholes everywhere, I spend half my time in London and the other half in rural Dorset, I still cant make up my mind which one I prefer. A bit of both is best I reckon.

• Agree 5

PatronizingGit
On 06/03/2024 at 00:11, sancho panza said:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2024/03/04/canary-wharf-must-reinvent-itself-survive/

Banks are bailing out of soulless Canary Wharf – and who can blame them?

Poor Canary Wharf. As a group of bank bosses based in the heart of the City declare that they’re upsizing and moving to bigger offices down the road, they’re quick to stress that Canary Wharf was never a consideration.

Why would anyone want to work there, they argued, while drinking white wine and eating lobster from their top-floor meeting room.

They have a point. Although Canary Wharf completely transformed what was once a wasteland in east London, becoming a symbol of Margaret Thatcher’s free-market revolution and a byword for finance, the high-rise financial district is now looking outdated.

It lacks all the things that London is famous for, the history and culture, and post-pandemic these are increasingly the assets that pull people in.

With fewer suits and less focus on financial services, it could find a way to make itself feel less isolated from the rest of London. Now it takes just 18 minutes to get from Canary Wharf to Paddington, there’s no reason it should feel so separate.  

The high-profile list of big-name exits suggests that a decision has already been made.

HSBC is ditching its 45-story skyscraper, nicknamed the “tower of doom” by staff, once its lease runs out in 2027.

Magic Circle law firm Clifford Chance plans to head off a year later, following rival law firm Skadden’s decision in 2021 to swap Canary Wharf for London’s historic Square Mile.

Ratings agency Moody’s is also considering its future in the district, while collapsed lender Credit Suisse is leaving after its integration into UBS, which is also based in the City.

Many staff will be delighted to work more centrally.

A JP Morgan banker who relocated from Canary Wharf to Paris in 2021 told financial website eFinancialCareers that the biggest win was the location.

Instead of being isolated in a Canary Wharf finance bubble with other lawyers and bankers, he was now in the US bank’s Paris hub within walking distance of places like the Jardin du Palais Royal.

The desire for flashy tower blocks in out-of-the-way areas has largely disappeared.

Supposing they cant be repurposed or retenanted, who bears the cost for maintaining or demolishing these monuments to greed?

• Informative 1

11 hours ago, PatronizingGit said:

Supposing they cant be repurposed or retenanted, who bears the cost for maintaining or demolishing these monuments to greed?

Perhaps turn it all into a modern day Black Country Museum or a Beamish type living museum, and set it up as a charity. It could have real life  poverty on the streets, gangs, recreating manor wars, and all the people could be taken from Poplar ( or new people)  creating local employment and giving the hard working government much needed funds to support themselves. Win win. 

• Agree 1
  • Cheers 1

spygirl
9 hours ago, Phil said:

Perhaps turn it all into a modern day Black Country Museum or a Beamish type living museum, and set it up as a charity. It could have real life  poverty on the streets, gangs, recreating manor wars, and all the people could be taken from Poplar ( or new people)  creating local employment and giving the hard working government much needed funds to support themselves. Win win. 

2050 - Come visit historic Canary Wharf

Ride on the DLR.

Make an appointment in a filo fax.

Say - Yah.

You can see the huge computerised trades n matched bargains hurtking down the tracks.

2 hours ago, spygirl said:

2050 - Come visit historic Canary Wharf

Ride on the DLR.

Make an appointment in a filo fax.

Say - Yah.

You can see the huge computerised trades n matched bargains hurtking down the tracks.

It will be like Grenfill. A burned out monolithic structure with a plaque saying " white man did this" . Well before 2050

spygirl
On 15/09/2020 at 12:05, spygirl said:

Ive a few comments on various threads , here n TS, where I say the Finsec as a source for a alrge nubmer of well pyaing jobs is over. Kapput.

London/regional South is being hit hard - I know aof a fair few towns n cities where the finsec madeu p ~30% of the local private sector workforce. They are gone now.

Ditto Nothern Buildign societies towns - Halifax, bardford/Bingley etc - all gone.

Ditto scamming LifeCos - Poof!

All in ~10 years.

You cannot discount the rise of UK finsec from ~1984ish (just tbefore big bang) to 2008 (the real big bang) and Southern house prices.

On 27/04/2021 at 08:32, spygirl said:

City of London plans 1,500 new homes for post-pandemic recovery

Vacant office conversions and boost for cultural and creative industries among proposals

https://www.ft.com/content/c59d4058-3ec3-4b94-b459-be92e71a91ff

Yeah. Fuck that. After 7pm the city is dull as shit.

Never just one negative thing at play. Current list are -

- Death of the finsec. The boom period after bigbang (86) ended in 2008).

- Automation. Open outcry is long dead. Finance isnt moving to Paris, its moved to AMD64.

- Housing costs. A 150k gets you fuck all in London. What the upside? Then theres chooling - 

- 3rd world shitification of London. even the most liberal person cannot deny that 50% of London is now low skilled foreign  bennie scum

The rise of the suburban mental health sicknote: Every part of Britain sees a rises in incapacity benefit claims - with some of the largest increases in affluent commuter belt towns - see how many have been made in YOUR area

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13296983/Suburban-mental-health-sicknote-Britain.html

Every parliamentary constituency in Britain saw a rise in incapacity benefit claims last year - with some of the largest increases driven by a surge in mental health problems in affluent areas.

Analysis of DWP data showed that while the highest number of claims in 2023 were made in urban and post-industrial areas, some leafy suburban commuter belt towns around London and other large cities saw claims increase by more than a third.

They include constituencies with Tory MPs including Tonbridge & Malling in Kent, Basingstoke in Hampshire and Hexham in Northumberland.

Brits working 38h/h a week are an endangered species now.

We need totranfer the befits from the non working and give them to the working ....

Londoners leaving the shit hole are given Bradford and Hartlepool as alternatives. xDxDxDxDxDxD

Homeowners are leaving London in their droves and these are the cheapest postcodes to live in outside the capital - and the priciest ones to avoid!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/property/article-13296055/Homeowners-London-cheapest-postcodes-outside-capital-priciest-avoid.html

83500709-13296055-image-a-5_171282783578

Edited by BoSon
  • Lol 1

Petatep
3 hours ago, BoSon said:

Londoners leaving the shit hole are given Bradford and Hartlepool as alternatives. xDxDxDxDxDxD

Homeowners are leaving London in their droves and these are the cheapest postcodes to live in outside the capital - and the priciest ones to avoid!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/property/article-13296055/Homeowners-London-cheapest-postcodes-outside-capital-priciest-avoid.html

I've always dreamed of moving to Middlesbrough, my time has come.

• Lol 1

spygirl
3 hours ago, BoSon said:

11 minutes ago, Petatep said:

They are - London scummers are relocating in droves.

3 hours ago, BoSon said:

I'd move to York if it's anything like it was when I left Yorkshire 20 years ago. Though I imagine it's now a town for Chinese students and the geriatric.

spygirl
3 hours ago, BoSon said:

13 minutes ago, Petatep said:

1 Middlehaven (TS2), North Yorkshire – Average house price: £49,833 

This leafy three-bedroom semi-detached home is one of the only in the TS2 postcode for sale.

With a luscious front lawn and a spacious patio at the back, it comes in almost £10,000 below the area's average, at £40,000.

It is also a stone's throw from a lovely nature and wildlife reserve beside the River Tees. 

Luscious .....

Chewing Grass
6 minutes ago, spygirl said:

1 Middlehaven (TS2), North Yorkshire – Average house price: £49,833 

This leafy three-bedroom semi-detached home is one of the only in the TS2 postcode for sale.

With a luscious front lawn and a spacious patio at the back, it comes in almost £10,000 below the area's average, at £40,000.

It is also a stone's throw from a lovely nature and wildlife reserve beside the River Tees. 

Luscious .....

Seems to have a Ford RS Turbo in Anthracite in the back garden.

• Agree 1

Chewing Grass

@spygirl those would all be £250K near me, all day, everyday.

Building them seems to have been a complete waste of somebodies money.

Screenshotfrom2024-04-1119-25-47.thumb.jpg.fbaf56a14642db34d2f640c385aa085e.jpg

• Agree 1

spygirl
22 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

@spygirl those would all be £250K near me, all day, everyday.

Building them seems to have been a complete waste of somebodies money.

Screenshotfrom2024-04-1119-25-47.thumb.jpg.fbaf56a14642db34d2f640c385aa085e.jpg

It's over the border - behind the railway station.

Old bit of boro, totally forgotten.

I'm not sure why these were abandoned. I'd guess they were built mid 80s.

There was one of these redevelop/pathfinder where they were going to knock down midflehaven n rebuild it.

They only managed half.

15 hours ago, spygirl said:

It's over the border - behind the railway station.

Old bit of boro, totally forgotten.

I'm not sure why these were abandoned. I'd guess they were built mid 80s.

There was one of these redevelop/pathfinder where they were going to knock down midflehaven n rebuild it.

They only managed half.

Mine impacted so either can't get cheap insurance or at risk of subsidence?

Any relatively cheap places like that won't stay that way as people move out of desperation, unless the area is riddled with scummer crims and druggies, where they usually end up demolishing housing to sweep the scum elsewhere and hope rebuilding gives the area a fresh lease of life, but certainly not at the price they used to be.

So perhaps get enough people interested in moving to such an area and do their own scumbag cleansing so they get the benefit of the cheap property.

spygirl
13 minutes ago, BoSon said:

Mine impacted so either can't get cheap insurance or at risk of subsidence?

Any relatively cheap places like that won't stay that way as people move out of desperation, unless the area is riddled with scummer crims and druggies, where they usually end up demolishing housing to sweep the scum elsewhere and hope rebuilding gives the area a fresh lease of life, but certainly not at the price they used to be.

So perhaps get enough people interested in moving to such an area and do their own scumbag cleansing so they get the benefit of the cheap property.

No mines in bioro.

That areas just been abandoned.

Then un-abandoned, so filled up with scum.

• Cheers 1