DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 3)

spunko

• Replies 30k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Bobthebuilder said:

Being 50 and I presume self-employed, a SIPP might be a good place to start. The tax relief is a big bonus to start with, but you need to check your access age etc, to see if it's good for you. DYOR and all that.

I plan to stuff every penny I can into my SIPP then start drawing it from 55/57, 25% tax-free lump sum, then tax allowance every year after.

Being mortgage free is a great place to be going forward, maybe have a look at what needs to be done, windows, doors, etc. Future-proof it now. Really glad I had most of the work done on mine that was needed last year, price rises from then have already saved me quite a bit of dosh.

Welcome and good luck.

Better to not draw the 25% in one go,instead dont go into full drawdown until a month before your state pension kicks in,take the full 25% tax free cash then.Between 55/57 and state pensions withdraw £12.5k allowance + 25% tax free so £16700 tax free,its called a UFPLS Uncrystallised funds pension lump sum.At 55 thats what il do and from then until state pension age re-invest divs in the ISA.25% lump sum at 67 will go in ISA as well.

25% tax free and drawdown is only really best from 67/state pension age unless you want to spunk the big tax free cash on a Merc or Range Rover as lots seem to,they would be better off with some Finasteride a and a gym membership.

22 hours ago, ThoughtCriminal said:

He's fucking daring me to short Tesla the twat 🧐

20 hours ago, Loki said:

Maybe he's been reading David's tweets and wants some plausible excuse to cash in now, by popular demand, no less.

Nothing these people do is ever an accident - I bet YES gets it.

Yes 57.9%

No 42.1%

You can't even begin to conceptualise my disbelief

I've just been having a read of his Twitter, I've honestly never looked at before.  Painful.  Here's one at random

These pathetic new Messiah types are going to be seething.xD

No refunds.

2 hours ago, DurhamBorn said:

Notice at 10.52 he mentions Zantac and Glaxo ,i was working on it then,that and Salbutamol/Ventolin.

The hard part is gonna be the cycle change combined with the possibility of the current index price levels not being seen for decades.

Picking winners for what's coming is going to be important. Can't necessarily rely on Peter's experience of broad markets only ever going up with corrections.

4 hours ago, spygirl said:

My one bit if retirement advice - the first 15 years of retirement are the most expensive - assuming you dont go into care.

After 80, most peoples ability to splurge slows down.

Are you sure?

I reckon my girlfriend will be warn out by the time I'm 80 and prostitutes ain't cheap.

9 hours ago, planit said:

Are you sure?

I reckon my girlfriend will be warn out by the time I'm 80 and prostitutes ain't cheap.

Deflate her between sessions and she'll last longer.:ph34r:

A puncture repair kit might be a good investment as well.

13 hours ago, leonardratso said:

i suspect <pref. pronoun> means in care home fees, but maybe ive misconstrued what <pref pronoun> meant. @Popuplights can you clarify?

edit, dont want to inadvertently upset the pervs and freaks....

What mean is that I intend to have a means ready so that I can slip gently into the night. I will not endure seeing out my final days in a care home.

13 hours ago, sleepwello&#x27;nights said:

Sounds as if he has some expensive hobbies. Or is he squirrelling his savings away in some way?

Sorry, what I mean is FIL is in the care home paying 5k per month. 

sleepwello'nights
6 minutes ago, Popuplights said:

Sorry, what I mean is FIL is in the care home paying 5k per month. 

That's a shame I was hoping he was investing it in women and wine instead of squandering it :D

Been doing some maths. I am calling it the Future Equation.

CBDC=(SU)(AI)+SC-P

Where:
CBDC = Central bank digital currency
SU = The Soviet Union
AI = Artificial intelligence
SC = Social credit
P = Privacy

Surely needs tweaking, but it's looking correct unfortunately.

For some months I’ve been hearing friends wail about their trouble finding a nanny. Or keeping the nanny if they have a good one. According to one mole, the nanny for a very successful businessman recently declared she wanted a pay-rise or she was off. The businessman, who negotiates large pharmaceutical contracts for a living, “folded within 32 seconds of the conversation and gave her what she wanted, which was £64,000”.

This isn’t as unfortunate, however, as the family who returned home from the Gulf for the summer and brought their Filipina “helper” with them. She took to meeting up with other helpers and nannies in Holland Park on her day off and soon did a bunk, having discovered how much more she could earn if she found a permanent job in the UK. “My nanny’s run away!” the mother was heard shrieking in the aisles of the Kensington High Street Waitrose.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/life/nanny-theft-disappearing-butlers-rich-people-problems/

First world problems!  £64,000 for looking after some kids anyone?

10 hours ago, Castlevania said:

Not sure if the below letter is real, but if so we at least have one MP living in the real world.

Always follow the money.  It's behind every facade.  The age of debt fuelled "growth" is over.  This, and others, are the new engines of "growth".  Normally we would have had a major war by now.  A clearing event.  We still may but for now this is the "war".

I posted the wrong picture up thread.  It should have been this:

th?id=OIP.8gyATlPmSJaYyr47iX7QJAHaGS%26p

2 hours ago, Castlevania said:

Me and my dad have made a lot of money from the sector,a lot of money and we got a lot of Playtech at the bottom.However we are pissed off really because the industry has been sold off too cheaply,we trebled mostly across them all,but could of ten bagged some of them over the cycle i think.

This is an industry the UK was easily world leader,and one with huge growth potential into gaming etc.Our politicians instead chose to attack the industry over and over instead of working with them to deal with the few problem gamblers.

Now the UK has lost most of the industry.It was one of the sectors i highlighted to ladder into back in the thread so a lot on here should of made good money,but its a sector removed from us to invest in now,one of the warnings @Harley keeps warning about where there is less and less to invest in for the plebs.Constant battle.

10 minutes ago, DurhamBorn said:

Me and my dad have made a lot of money from the sector,a lot of money and we got a lot of Playtech at the bottom.However we are pissed off really because the industry has been sold off too cheaply,we trebled mostly across them all,but could of ten bagged some of them over the cycle i think.

This is an industry the UK was easily world leader,and one with huge growth potential into gaming etc.Our politicians instead chose to attack the industry over and over instead of working with them to deal with the few problem gamblers.

Now the UK has lost most of the industry.It was one of the sectors i highlighted to ladder into back in the thread so a lot on here should of made good money,but its a sector removed from us to invest in now,one of the warnings @Harley keeps warning about where there is less and less to invest in for the plebs.Constant battle.

Agreed. I’m eyeing up a small stake in Flutter once the dust settles on Playtech. If we do have a BK I would look to buy some Penn for Dave Portnoy (he’s a divisive figure but someone who gets the power of social media) and Barstool.

1 hour ago, Harley said:

Always follow the money.  It's behind every facade.  The age of debt fuelled "growth" is over.  This, and others, are the new engines of "growth".  Normally we would have had a major war by now.  A clearing event.  We still may but for now this is the "war".

I posted the wrong picture up thread.  It should have been this:

th?id=OIP.8gyATlPmSJaYyr47iX7QJAHaGS%26p

Yes, derangely 'tilting at windmills', but fortunately for this thread we have our very own @sancho panza to help keep us sane!     ...as for 'war', Its looking more and more that the false imaginary 'beast' will be climate and covid?

geordie_lurch
1 minute ago, JMD said:

Yes, derangely 'tilting at windmills', but fortunately for this thread we have our very own @sancho panza to help keep us sane!     ...as for 'war', Its looking more and more that the false imaginary 'beast' will be climate and covid?

I think more and more people will realise we have already been at war for the last 18 months over this Covid crap at the same time as we probably had an almost full collapse of the banking system hence the bailouts under the guise of Covid. Whether all this was started via the USA in China (spreading Covid via the military games in Wuhan) or China on their own (but still doing gain of function research funded by Faucia and USA in Wuhan) as the beginnings of WW3 I still don't know :ph34r: What I do know though is the old 'normal' aint coming back without a revolution from the ground up and the next 6 -12 months will be far worse for most of us proles than in our lifetimes. TPTB have told us via their Build Back Better / WEF crap we will own nothing and be happy and this will be enforced via 'climate' crap etc. Happy Monday all :Beer:

Archived