DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 3)

spunko

3 minutes ago, Harley said:

What's the love for REP except as a trade?  It's been stairstepping down forever.  

For me, yes it's been stairstepping down but toward the tail end of the cycle that doesn't favour a global integrated chemicals, oil & gas company with fingers in many pies.

A div of 5-6% and a weighted average price in for me at £7.89. Overall holding up 14%. First bought Apr 2020.

And some bloke from Durham reckons divs will be rather tasty for the cycle.

Will add more when the opportunity arises.

Apart from that, dunno! 

• Replies 30.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Harley said:

What's the love for REP except as a trade?  It's been stairstepping down for-e-ver.  

Plenty here got in at 40% off the current price. Divi yield if you bought at the lows is fantastic.

7 minutes ago, VeryMeanReversion said:

Bulk of SIPP is still oil, miners, metals, fags with a few utilities and some regrets (including CNA).

Similar profile..   though I've quite a bit in emerging markets too.

I'd like some more exposure to India,  but still researching some appropriate funds.

My regret was buying FRES too early last week..  down 10%.  Fortunately not a big punt.  Was bought as a longer term hold and will have to stay as such. 

14 hours ago, DurhamBorn said:

As my friend used to say on our jollies to Ibiza

........so you had some individual tutorial sessions with your "friend" (guru) in a holiday setting? Tell us more.........

1 hour ago, Democorruptcy said:

Surely it's only fair to call Centrica by it's proper name now it's officially been top sliced? The Scottish play, Macbeth etc is confusing for the untraumatised newbies.

Perhaps we can propose another share to take the 'honour'...I would like to propose the 'dog' that is GOG :-)

7 minutes ago, MrXxxx said:

Perhaps we can propose another share to take the 'honour'...I would like to propose the 'dog' that is GOG :-)

INFA or HARL as its now called, was widely touted on here back in the day.

1 hour ago, VeryMeanReversion said:

SIPP went up nearly 10k today so spent it all on FRES at 708.

Bulk of SIPP is still oil, miners, metals, fags with a few utilities and some regrets (including CNA).

Now dumping 57.5% of gross salary into SIPP. #WICAO would approve.

Nice work on the 57.5% @VeryMeanReversion!  Over the 9 year period of tracking it in detail I've only managed 46.0% when measuring (savings including pension contributions) divided by (gross salary + pension contributions) so you're ahead of me by some margin.

7 minutes ago, MrXxxx said:

I sold this and SGC at a loss in the summer so I wouldn't have to look at them any more:D but I see SGC has been on the rise for the past few months and has just passed the price I sold at.  Over the summer I used the proceeds to play with some other off piste shares eg AHT which did very nicely and I sold before the rotation to value began so I made back what I lost on the transports.

HousePriceMania

I am the proud owner of some FRES shares now, whether I wanted them or not. Least I know my laddering down mechanism works on IB

Fresnillo Plc
698.40 GBX−106.60 (13.24%)today
26 Jan, 14:44 GMT • Disclaimer
LON: FRES

Democorruptcy
2 hours ago, sancho panza said:

ceteris paribus(my favourtie neo classical phrase) ie all other thingsbeing equal,they're undervalued compared to Sept 2018

Are the other things equal now compared to 2018? Doesn't the difference now partly reflect that they are branching out into other things and aren't as oil focussed as some other oil firms? You might have highlighted how they are supposed to be diversifying not that the price should be 50% higher because of the oil price. Not suggesting it can't go back to £5.80!

2 hours ago, Harley said:

What's the love for REP except as a trade?  It's been stairstepping down for-e-ver.  

It will double from here with divs i think in the cycle,going where its going in its own time.Hugely well placed for gas going forwards.US will be shipping to Europe and Repsol owns a lot of that gas.

Democorruptcy
25 minutes ago, HousePriceMania said:

I am the proud owner of some FRES shares now, whether I wanted them or not. Least I know my laddering down mechanism works on IB

Fresnillo Plc
698.40 GBX−106.60 (13.24%)today
26 Jan, 14:44 GMT • Disclaimer
LON: FRES

This is your first buy and you have just started laddering down? :S

7 minutes ago, Democorruptcy said:

This is your first buy and you have just started laddering down? :S

Is 650 too optimistic for Fres?

I sold out my whole position at 1200. Would be amazing to get them back (almost) half price.

Set a limit order and find out...

Democorruptcy
3 minutes ago, Hardhat said:

Is 650 too optimistic for Fres?

I sold out my whole position at 1200. Would be amazing to get them back (almost) half price.

Set a limit order and find out...

Not now @HousePriceManiahas posted he bought at 698 and is laddering down. I've just bought some at 692 and am now worried it soon might be known on here as the 'mexican play' :(

Democorruptcy
1 minute ago, Loki said:

Ay carumba 

Look mate as you speak the lingo.... Fres are short of local workers over there, how about you go get residency and start digging for dosbod's?

Just now, Democorruptcy said:

Look mate as you speak the lingo.... Fres are short of local workers over there, how about you go get residency and start digging for dosbod's?

Mañana...mañana...

Archived